NY - Margaret 'Peggy' Reome, 31, Mattydale, Feb 1990

tuppence

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Body missing 14 years found in storage unit
Victim's then-boyfriend charged

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/04/06/body.found.ap/index.html

SYRACUSE, New York (AP) -- The body of a woman missing since 1990 was found stuffed inside a container at a rental storage unit, and authorities charged her then-boyfriend with murder.

"I don't think there's anybody in law enforcement who would think a defendant would be that stupid to keep a dead body in a storage shed rented under his own name," District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said. "Luckily, people like this keep us in business."

Reome apparently was killed sometime in February 1990 at the apartment she shared with Geddes in Mattydale, a Syracuse suburb. Investigators searched the apartment at the time, but did not find any evidence, Walsh said.

Walsh said the family waited a month to report Reome missing, which gave Geddes a chance to conceal his crime. Police believe Geddes may have stored the body shortly after the murder. He was paying $38 a month for the unit.

"Contrary to what you see on television shows, dead bodies are difficult to get rid of," Fitzpatrick said.

I think he means it's lucky that many criminals are not as smart as they think, or more would get away with it uncaught instead of being subject to the US justice system. (that's my take on it anyway)

Man convicted of murdering girlfriend, keeping body for 14 years

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A man was convicted Thursday of killing his live-in girlfriend and keeping her body in storage for 14 years.

George Geddes Jr. faces 25 years to life at his sentencing April 21.

The remains of Margaret "Peggy" Reome were found in April 2004 inside a trunk at a rented self-storage shed in a Syracuse suburb. An autopsy determined she died from severe trauma to the head.

Reome, 31, was reported missing by her daughter in February 1990.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0408/convicted_ap.html

TrulyBlessed said:
If anyone knows about the conclusion to this case, please let me know.
Welcome to W/S TrulyBlessed
Here you go !

SYRACUSE, N.Y. - A man convicted of killing his girlfriend and keeping her body in storage for 14 years was sentenced Wednesday to 25 years to life in prison.

George Geddes Jr., who was convicted three weeks ago of intentionally murdering Margaret "Peggy" Reome in 1990, stood motionless and staring straight ahead as Onondaga County Court Judge Anthony Aloi pronounced the maximum sentence for second-degree murder.

"Mr. Geddes, it's time for you to face your past," Aloi said. "If I could, my sentence would include an order for you to spend the first 14 years of your sentence inside a trunk just like the one you put Peggy Reome in. The wickedness of what you have done defies belief. I hope your conviction and your sentence will in some small way ease the grief. You have sentenced her children to a life without their mother."

The 31-year-old Reome, a mother of three, was living with Geddes in the Syracuse suburb of Mattydale before she was reported missing by her daughter, Jerilyn, in February 1990. That report came just two weeks after Geddes was arrested in connection with the rape of Jerilyn.

Reome's remains were found a year ago wrapped in a blanket inside a trunk at a rented self-storage shed. An autopsy determined she died from severe trauma to the head.

The defense argued the 47-year-old Geddes accidentally killed Reome at their apartment. Attorney Richard Marris contended Reome was threatening Geddes and his 8-year-old son with a knife when Geddes pushed her and she fell, striking her head. Marris said Geddes hid the body out of fear.

Before sentencing, Chief Assistant District Attorney Joseph O'Donnell read a statement from family members, at times adding comments of his own.

"George Geddes is a disgusting, indecent man. He deserves to be punished indefinitely," O'Donnell read, his voice tinged with emotion. "He brutally murdered a human being. It has been said that he is sorry for everything, but the only thing he is sorry for is getting caught. God may forgive George someday, but he should spend the rest of his life rotting away in jail the way Peggy has been rotting away in that trunk."

Standing outside the courthouse as a light rain began to fall, Jerilyn said she was satisfied with the sentence.

"I wanted to get up and scream and yell and hoot and holler," she said. "I was happy. I wish I could have George's life, but I know that's not going to happen." "I think there were dregs left over that God had nothing to do with, and he dumped them in George Geddes' body," O'Donnell said as he left court. "When you stop and think about what he did ... it boggles the mind."

http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/update/storage27.htm

aussiegran said:
The 31-year-old Reome, a mother of three, was living with Geddes in the Syracuse suburb of Mattydale before she was reported missing by her daughter, Jerilyn, in February 1990. That report came just two weeks after Geddes was arrested in connection with the rape of Jerilyn.
What a vile, vile man
puke.gif

Personally I like the Judge's idea of putting him in a truck! Too bad he couldn't impose that sentence!

I wonder how LE found out about the storage shed? The guy really wasn't that stupid as he kept the body hidden for a lot of years. Someone must have told LE about the storage shed. Glad the guy got caught.

I wonder why the family waited a month before filling out a missing person's report? That poor daughter. I guess once the mom was gone he figured the daughter would take her place. Sick S.O.B.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back