1076 users online (230 members and 846 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AZ - Andria Ziegler, 19, dies of drug OD, Phoenix, 20 April 2008

April 20, 2008
    Phoenix:

911 tape http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/mp3/20080515_911.mp3

Paradise Valley Community College psychology professor, Michael Todd, called 911 reporting a non-responsive female at his residence. He told the 911 dispatcher she had been drinking and had used cocaine. His neighbor was attempting resusitation.

She was treated by paramedics and taken to hospital where she died 30 minutes later. Todd told hospital authorities he did not know her and had picked her up off the street. Actually he had taught her 2 semesters and had been hitting on her for some time. This was their 1st "date". Her purse and cell were left at his condo. He cancelled classes the next 2 days due to illness and hired an attorney.

Andria Ziegler's parents reported her missing and began to distribute flyers with her picture. Two days later, police finally realized the medical center's Jane Doe and the missing co-ed were the same girl!

interview with girl's step-father
    http://www.abc15.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=13266@knxv.dayport.com

The death is being investigated as homicide. Toxicology tests on Zeigler's body are pending. Professor Todd has been placed on administrative leave. He had been allowed to continue teaching after being accused of sexual misconduct with a student in 2002.

more:
    http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2008/05/09/20080509prof0509-CP.html

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/116416

Michael Todd sounds very, very guilty of something to me. Maybe not murder, but something isn't right.

I need a new hinkey meter. The one I had went off the charts so far that it broke.

I don't know factually that Michael Todd had anything to do with young Andria's death directly or indirectly. But, that he stated he didn't know her, picked her up from the streets, had been reportedly hitting on her for some time, reportedly taught her for two semesters, and was reportedly accused of sexual misconduct with a student in 2002 may be very telling.

Prayers for Andria's family, and may she rest in peace.

He is guilty of supplying her alcohol and drugs, which led to her death, IMO. He should be charged with her death.

I guess that's my problem with nailing him as a murderer. Did I miss where it said he supplied 17 beers and the cocaine? He'll probably say she brought it and she drank it all while he went to sleep.

He's amazingly calm on the 911 call. Again, .

Poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom
    I guess that's my problem with nailing him as a murderer. Did I miss where it said he supplied 17 beers and the cocaine? He'll probably say she brought it and she drank it all while he went to sleep.

He's amazingly calm on the 911 call. Again, .

Poor girl.
    Taxi, I have the same issue concerning calling him a murderer. He also hasn't been convicted of anything--yet. If he did and it can be proven that he supplied Andria with alcohol and/or drugs than may he be charged and convicted to the wall. If he did anything to contribute to her death I hope he meets justice head on.

This is totally disgusting. The guy was investigated in 2002 and nothing was done, now a girl is dead. I don't believe his story about what happened to this poor teenage girl.

taken from May 14, EastValleyTribune.com:

Allison McManus wears a necklace containing a picture of her older half-sister, Andria Ziegler. And in her heart, she carries important words to live by - words Andria once told her younger sibling.

"She told me to always smile and be happy." said 10-year-old Allison, who often went to the movies, the mall or lunch with Andria and her four other big sisters.

But no one in Ziegler's large, tightknit family is smiling or happy. They are grieving "Andie's" death and trying to move on with their lives as best they can while awaiting answers from Phoenix police detectives.

"Andie used to give me hugs," said Andria's stepfather, Doug McManus, who raised her since she was 7.........

Ziegler, one of Todd's students for the last two semesters, had confided to one of her friends that Todd had been asking her out, according to John Hughes, the family's private investigator looking into her death. Ziegler was enamored with Todd as a professor, the family said, and about a week before her death, she came home and asked her parents if she could date a "35-year-old," the age Todd allegedly told her he was, according to her parents. "We told her 'absolutely not,'" said Ziegler's mother, Kimberly McManus. "We told her that would be inappropriate. She told us he was a professor and had his own private practice. Call me naive, but we thought, 'He's a 35-year-old grown man, he's not going to go out with his 19-year-old student.' Boy, was I wrong."...........................

While standing in the shaded front yard in north Phoenix, Doug and Kimberly McManus and five of Andria's seven siblings described her as a caretaker, someone who always wanted others to be happy. "She could brighten a room," Kimberly McManus said. "She was one-of-a-kind. She was a chronic communicator, and would always call us.""We called her 'Free Meal' because she made sure she never missed a meal with the family. She was always home for dinner, and we joked with her about that. She was vivacious, bright and loved life," her mother recalled...............

Andria, whose favorite place to eat at was My Big Fat Greek Restaurant, gave one of the commencement speeches last spring when she graduated from Metro Center Academy, an alternative high school, Kimberly McManus said. Andria also looked out for her younger sisters. She often would coax Athena, 12, into finding enough spare change around the house so they could spend it at Starbucks.

Andria also had called Amanda, 13, about midnight, less than three hours before her death to check in, Amanda said. "She was calling to check in and see how things were," Amanda said. "She was OK then. She said she was going to hang out with some friends at Applebee's."

Andria also was best friends with sisters Ashley, 21, and Aimee, 17, with whom she had worked as a hostess at the Pointe in Tyme restaurant at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Resort in north Phoenix until December. Andria quit her job then so she could go to school full time, family members said.

Andria hoped to work as a child psychologist or as a physical therapist and considered caring for the elderly.

Ashley Ziegler said she hung Andria's picture from the rearview mirror of her car.
    "She was like one of my best friends, and I'm really going to miss her," she said.
    "A part of me thinks that she is still here and it's really, really hard. ... Andie's not here and she's actually never going to come home again,"

"It's indescribable, what we're going through," said Kimberly McManus. "I miss hearing her voice. My first day back to work, I realized it was after 10 o'clock, and Andria hadn't called me. Then, I realized she wouldn't be, and that was it."

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/116351

such a loss ... her family seems close and loving.... sister's names were Allison, Athena, Amanda, Ashle, Aimee, Carrie & brother Jamie

todd's story to the cops didn't jive with the 911 call at all

also, i am uncertain when he was counting beer cans if the 17 were full or empty.... couldn't get over his flat, unemotional voice..... all i could think was textbook psychopath !

She was an adult. She chose to drink. She chose to do cocaine. She chose to go to this guy's house.

Can someone point me in the direction of where a crime took place on his part??

Not hysterically crying during a 911 call isn't a crime.

This era of not being held responsible for your own actions is getting old.

When you drink and use cocaine, you are playing with fire. This chick got burned, and its pointless to direct the rage at him.

Yeah, its a tragedy that a young woman died. If she didn't want to drink, use cocaine, and have a fling with her professor, she'd still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
    She was an adult. She chose to drink. She chose to do cocaine. She chose to go to this guy's house.

When you drink and use cocaine, you are playing with fire. This chick got burned, and its pointless to direct the rage at him.

Yeah, its a tragedy that a young woman died. If she didn't want to drink, use cocaine, and have a fling with her professor, she'd still be alive.
    Welcome to Websleuths, Buckethead. I'm with you on this unless more information is developed. This guy may well have been an inappropriate skeeze, but nothing leads me to believe he is a murderer. It's not a stretch for me to think a young adult who develops a romantic interest in a much older prof just might have a substance abuse issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post

He chose to tell hospital officials he didn't know this girl, and had picked her up off the street. Way to try and save your own a*s, Professor. He's a gentleman and a scholar. Picked her up off the street. You're right though, otherwise, Buckethead. Bad choices and all.

So, this is a first date for a girl with a man who had been hitting on the teenager and lying about his age. The girl obviously had a few doubts about going out with him and even asked her parent's opinion. She supposedly was fine three hours before her death then drank 17 beers , did cocaine, and died. All on the first date. I hope the toxicology reports and autopsy show exactly what happened to the poor girl and the neighbor who was doing CPR may have noticed anything.

so...... the prof next door asks you to come over at 2:30 am to help rouse the pesky student passed out in his den. paramedics are called, you follow ambulance as she is transfered to the emergency room where she soon dies. you & the naughty professor make a quick exit after he denies even knowing her name................ folks, that's just not an ordinary occurance in my neighborhood......... why did neighbor not speak up to somebody? ......did they go back home & never speak of it again?..... that's just too strange!

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    so...... the prof next door asks you to come over at 2:30 am to help rouse the pesky student passed out in his den. paramedics are called, you follow ambulance as she is transfered to the emergency room where she soon dies. you & the naughty professor make a quick exit after he denies even knowing her name................ folks, that's just not an ordinary occurance in my neighborhood......... why did neighbor not speak up to somebody? ......did they go back home & never speak of it again?..... that's just too strange!
    We had something similar to this happen here, NoZ. Only the freakish, old, creepy, perv had somebody come pick up the little girl's body after a similar "OD" and dispose of her out on the street.

Seems my disdain for old men bothering young girls came through there. In the link I have here I got confused. They are saying creepy old Professor actually counted the beers? Like "Hmmm, lemme see here I had one and it was a 24 pack and there's 17 and the trah is gone". What's that mean? The trash is gone? I'm no math sevant but did he mean 17 left plus his 1 would make 18 and this poor kid drank six then?

No matter he's saying he didn't supply this young lady with drugs or alcohol. Really? So you always allow students or past students to bring their coke and beers in your place? This girl was so young. It breaks my heart. Yes, yes I know she was an adult. The girl was on this earth for a lousey 19 years. She had her whole life ahead of her.

Then she is left by someone saying he found her on the street. Ya know what? That alone makes me physically ill. Plus what? Young girls on the street don't deserve some dang little bit of respect either? It's all just too sad.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast