WA WA - Lenoria Jones, 3, Tacoma, 20 July 1995

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: July 20, 1995 from Tacoma, Washington
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: January 3, 1992
Height and Weight: 3'0, 40 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Jones's hair was braided at the time of her 1995 disappearance. Her nickname is Noria.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Blue or turquoise pants and a black t-shirt with an image of the character Barney imprinted on it.
Medical Conditions: Jones was born with cocaine in her system and suffers from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a result. At the time of her disappearance, she was taking the prescription medication Norpramin to control the condition.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Jones was last seen with her great-aunt, Berlean Williams, on July 20, 1995 in their hometown of Tacoma, Washington. Williams had legal custody of Jones at the time and was in the process of adopting the child. She also ran a day care center. The identity of Jones's father is not known, and her mother had her legal rights to her daughter terminated by 1995. Jones and her mother had never lived together; her mother gave her to relatives to raise when she born. She spent the first two years of her life living with relatives in the Spokane, Washington area before being placed in Williams's care. Jones's mother resided in Arkansas in 1995.
Williams initially told authorities that Jones disappeared inside the Target store on South 23rd Street in Tacoma during the day. Investigators believed Williams's account until Target management provided a security videotape showing Williams entering the store alone. There was no sign of Jones anywhere nearby. Williams reported her grand-niece's disappearance to police at 9:42 a.m., but at 8:47 a.m. she had called her daughter and said she did not know the child's whereabouts. She had no explanation for why she waited an hour to alert authorities that Jones had vanished.
Williams changed her statements to authorities numerous times after the discovery of the videotape. Among Williams's claims were the stories that Jones wandered away from her home, was abducted from the Target parking lot and that two unidentified African-American men kidnapped Jones near their residence on south Sheridan Avenue. Williams then said that the child was safe and living in an undisclosed location. Jones's mother says she called Williams and asked to speak to Jones two days prior to the child's disappearance, but was not permitted to talk to her. Authorities placed Williams under house arrest for four months after Jones's disappearance for failure to provide case information. Her day care center was also shut down by the state. Williams has never been charged in connection with Jones's case. Her lawyer maintains that her accounts of Jones's whereabouts differed due to badgering by law enforcement.
Authorities have ruled out other members of Jones's family, most of whom live in Arkansas, as possible suspects in her disappearance. Some officials believe foul play may have been involved in her case; others believe she is still alive in an unknown location. Some investigators theorize that she may have died from an accidental overdose of Norpramin. She had been taking the drug for a matter of days prior to her disappearance. It is not usually prescribed for young children and has a number of serious side effects, including a skin rash, seizures and death, that can occur in the first few days after starting the medication. There is no evidence to support the overdose theory, however. Jones's disappearance remains open and unsolved.

bar.jpg
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Tacoma Police Department
253-798-4721

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jones_lenoria.html

Almost 13 years after 3-year-old Lenoria Jones disappeared from a Tacoma Target store, authorities not only hope she is still alive, but that someone will recognize her from a new, updated image of the little girl.

Saturday, in honor of National Missing Children's Day, the Washington State Patrol unveiled a new truck trailer owned by Gordon Trucking Inc. which bears both an image of Lenoria in 1995, and what she may look like today.

Lenoria was shopping with her great-aunt on July 20, 1995 when she vanished. She was last seen wearing a "Barney" T-shirt and turquoise pants.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/363580_missing18.html?source=mypi

For The Missing: Pacific Northwest
Lenoria Jones has been missing from Washington for 16 years today.

Charley Project - Lenoria E. Jones - Tacoma WA, 1995

‎3-year-old Lenoria Jones was last seen in Tacoma, Washington on July 20, 1995. Lenoria's grandmother changed her story regarding the circumstances of Lenoria's disappearance multiple times. Some authorities believe foul play is involved, and other believe Lenoria is alive in an unknown location.

Dozens of South Sound children and juveniles have vanished over the years.

[snip]

Lenoria Jones, who vanished at age 3 in Tacoma in 1995. Her great-aunt, Berlean Williams, was the last person reported to have seen her; questioned by police, Williams gave wildly conflicting accounts of the child’s disappearance.

More: www.thenewstribune.com/2012/01/26/1999524/the-hunt-must-go-on-for-teekah.html

BUMPING for Lenoria. Missing 18 years today.

I feel like if this happened today, it would be a huge case. Aunt says Lenoria disappeared from Target, but she was not seen on the Target surveillance footage. Lenoria's mom called 2 days before her "disappearance" but wasn't permitted to talk to her. Inconsistencies all over.

Time to come home, Lenoria. :(

I found a KOMO News article from 2007 on Google that says that Terapon Adhahn, who killed 12-year-old Zina Linnik in 2007 in Tacoma, WA, was being looked at in Lenoria's case back then.

Police: Adhahn may be connected to similar cases

Fulghum said Adhahn apparently made his living as a handyman. The police spokesman did not have details about any relatives Adhahn may have in the area, but said nobody else was being questioned in the case except possible witnesses. No other suspects were being sought, Fulghum said.

Fulghum said investigators were reviewing several other child homicides and two to three other disappearances for any connection to Adhahn.

Those cases include:

-Michella Welch, 12, of Tacoma, whose body was found hours after the girl disappeared from Puget Park on March 26, 1986.

-Jennifer Bastian, 13, of Tacoma, who was found dead Aug. 28, 1986, in Point Defiance Park, where she'd been last seen riding her bicycle two weeks earlier.

-Lenoria Jones, 4, of Tacoma, who disappeared July 20, 1995.

-Adre'anna Jackson, a 10-year-old Tillicum girl whose body was found April 4, 2006, four months after she disappeared.

"We'll have to go back and review those cases," Ramsdell said. "Obviously some of those cases are very old."

I really don't think Adhahn was responsible for her disappearance, the next youngest girl that LE thought he could possibly be connected to was 10, but it does show that LE was still trying to progress with this case, which is a good sign.:twocents:

LINK:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/8491402.html

I don't think Adhahn was responsible for Lenoria. I do believe he was responsible for JB and possibly the others.

Lenoria's aunt's story never added up. I remember the sinking feeling I felt when they showed the surveillance of her walking into Target alone, without Lenoria. Why would she lie? I still hope she is alive and was just passed off to another relative, etc. It's a mystery I still wonder about sometimes. :(

Cold-case detectives refuse to give up solving Tacoma child disappearances

Lenoria's great aunt had claimed the youngster was taken while they shopped at Target in July of 1995, but surveillance video showed the pair never entered together.

Stories kept changing, the great aunt and other family members mired in a custody battle refused to cooperate. There was no evidence to go on.

Twenty years later, the department's cold case detectives have discovered one possible new lead: an anonymous caller from 1995 reached out with new information. Whoever took that call failed to get in-depth information that could have potentially helped the investigation.

"Without having asked some significant questions, I think that is the one person the detective would like to talk to now," Cool said.

Twenty years later, the department's cold case detectives have discovered one possible new lead: an anonymous caller from 1995 reached out with new information. Whoever took that call failed to get in-depth information that could have potentially helped the investigation.

"Without having asked some significant questions, I think that is the one person the detective would like to talk to now," Cool said.

This is a really loose definition of a lead but hopefully the person will call back. It could be the break detectives need.

These Washington children are still missing
Two major announcements on long, unsolved cases involving young children in Western Washington puts the spotlight back on a series of cold cases with either no suspect or trace of the victim.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/these-washington-children-are-still-missing/281-551103228

Fourteen-year-old Misty Copsey vanished from the Puyallup Fair more than 25 years ago. No remains, no suspects. Just like Tacoma's Lenoria Jones in 1995 or toddler Teekah Lewis, who was last seen at the New Frontier Lanes in Tacoma in 1999.

MISSING CHILD - 1995
LENORIA JONES

http://www.tpcrimestoppers.com/case.php?id=393

Lenoria was taking Norpramin which would have been experimental at her age. Health and Human Services would have had her and her family on electronic surveillance - which at the very least would tell us within feet, her exact location.

Submit a FOIR to HHS. They have the information - electronic surveillance isn’t just GPS location and does not use an ankle bracelet.
I’m also submitting this one to the FBI and Congress, along with 361 other cases that HHS was involved with the disappearance.

Lenoria was taking Norpramin which would have been experimental at her age. Health and Human Services would have had her and her family on electronic surveillance - which at the very least would tell us within feet, her exact location.

Submit a FOIR to HHS. They have the information - electronic surveillance isn’t just GPS location and does not use an ankle bracelet.
I’m also submitting this one to the FBI and Congress, along with 361 other cases that HHS was involved with the disappearance.
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are talking about could you fill me in why would human services be monitoring her with electronic surveillance? I know that typically in child custody cases human services or children services as some people know it would be involved in the home life with visits for welfare checks and possibly keeping an eye on her medical records for any signs of abuse is that what you're meaning by surveillance? Also who is HHS?

MAR 5, 2023
komonews.com

Detectives still searching for clues in 1995 Tacoma cold case of missing girl

[...]

On Thursday morning, Tacoma Police Department (TPD) Detective Julie Dier "will be available for interviews" regarding Jones' disappearance. Jones' grandmother is also expected to speak, according to the TPD.

According to the TPD, Jones was reported missing from inside of the Tacoma Target on South 23rd Street.

"When store cameras showed Lenoria Jones had not been in the store, her aunt provided varying accounts of the girl’s whereabouts, including that she had been kidnapped or had wandered away from her aunt’s residence," the TPD said.

[...]

"Detectives are hoping that media coverage of this incident may result in someone coming forward with further information on the disappearance of Lenoria Jones," police said.

Thursday's media session will be held from 8:30-10 a.m.

[...]

1678030344104.png1678030378674.png1678030413883.png1678030413883.png

MAR 9, 2023
[...]

Her great-aunt reported her disappearance, telling Tacoma Police, she got separated from the child inside a Target store on South 23rd Street in central Tacoma. However, cameras inside the store didn't have footage of Lenoria to support what she told police.

Police said Lenoria's great-aunt, who was caring for Lenoria full-time, provided different accounts of where Lenoria was. Police said Lenoria's great-aunt said she was either kidnapped or wandered away from her home.

[...]

"The great-aunt was asked to take a polygraph test, but prior to taking the polygraph, she claimed that she wanted to tell them where Lenoria was - but could not," said Detective Julie Dier, Tacoma Police Department.

[...]

"I believe one of my cousins killed my daughter," Jones said. "And I believe my aunt disposed of my daughter's body in some way where she's got to be found."

Police say they have received tips that the family was involved, however, that has never been confirmed, and they have no evidence to support it.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back