Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2904013/

Search launched after missing Angier woman's vehicle found

2903025-1211082662-220x165.jpg

Posted: Today at 12:38 p.m.
Updated: Today at 4:11 p.m.
Charlotte, N.C. — Charlotte police launched a ground and air search for a missing Harnett County woman after finding her vehicle in the Queen City's South End on Sunday.
Workers reported seeing a state-owned 2007 Chevrolet Malibu in the parking lot of a Bojangles restaurant, 300 West Blvd., shortly before 8 a.m.
That location is about seven blocks away from a strip mall at 1427 South Blvd. where Sallie Rohrbach, 44, of 839 Chalybeate Springs, was last seen. (more plus pic at link)

She's an insurance investigator... she was actively investigating an insurance agency. While these facts have been made known, the ferocity of the search makes me think more is at hand and LE have additional info that they have yet to share with the public. I hope they find her safe and sound...

She visited Dilworth on Wed., was reported missing Th., and car was found Sunday AM. Sounds like both phones were found turned off in her motel room...why was she staying in a motel? Wonder if she lived elsewhere and was there to check out the agency. Not much info to go on but atleast they released a picture.

(My first post)I'm watching the Charlotte news. A registered agent for Dillworth INsurance (the agency being investigated) has been arrested for Sallies murder. His name is Michael Howell. I'll post a link if I can find one!

Michael Arthur Howell, 40, of 5405 Frederick St. in Indian Trail, was charged with one count of murder. He was being held in the Mecklenburg County Jail without bond.

It was not immediately clear if the suspect knew Rohrbach or what his motive might have been. Police released no other details about the case.

http://http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2905513/

Howell must have confessed or LE found definite evidence in order to arrest him. Hopefully he will direct them to her.

This is sad. I was hoping they would find her safe.

Oh - welcome to WS Vibec !!

It sounds like she might have been on to something at the Insurance Agency she was investigating:

Department of Insurance spokeswoman Chrissy Pearson said it appears Rohrbach was auditing an administrative complaint at the Dilworth Insurance Agency in Charlotte, where she was Wednesday.
Howell is listed as one of two agents at Dilworth Insurance.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2905513/

Could it be? Maybe they did know each other and this was personal though. This is terrible news to wake up to. :(

Oh, sorry, vibec. I just saw I posted the same link. Thanks for the info, and welcome.

I wonder if a large amount of blood was found in her car. The insurance company must have had something big to hide if it was worth murdering the agent investigating them.

This is heartbreaking... :( I went to bed hoping that she would be found and that her missing was just a big misunderstanding, or something of an innocent nature.

I live near Charlotte and I've been following this...so far LE hasn't said what the evidence is they have that brought a murder charge. Whatever it was was found in the insurance agency, in Howell's car and in Rohrbach's state owned car....hmmm....wonder what kind of evidence was found in all those places? It throws me off that there is evidence in both his vehicle and her company vehicle....?

I was thinking that there is probably some evidence that he moved her car to throw off LE. I doubt they will release much about the evidence for a while unless they thing it could spark a lead to locating her remains.

Dancingdaisy, I am not far from you; I am in Winston-Salem. I have been following the case of Kyle in Charlotte very closely. Stay safe dancingdaisy.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/16339577/detail.html

A body has been found off Vista Road in Fort Mill area, but authorities are not saying whether the remains are of an insurance investigator from the Raleigh area believed to have been killed last week.

York County authorities said the body was discovered about 15 feet off the road and was covered with pine needles. Officers were not the ones to make the discovery. (more at link)

The news just broke in on Oprah, it's her. I'll post a link when I can find an update. So sad.

So this 40 yo insurance agent kills this poor woman, doing her job as an insurance investigator! ??? Because obviously he was hiding some type of fraud, and didn't want her to discover it?

So he's now charged with murder! Wow, he is really smart, huh?
Unbelievable. What was he thinking?
Another vicious crime, and so so senseless.
My prayers for Sallie Rohrbach's husband and family tonight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back