1235 users online (193 members and 1042 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation NC - Sirah Davenport, 3, Smithfield, 18 May 2008

Amber Alert Issued for 3 year old North Carolina boy
    Posted: Sunday May 18, 2008

The state of North Carolina has issued an Amber Alert after the child was last seen at the Flea Market on Highway 301 South in Smithfield.

Victim - Sirah Munir Davenport is a 3 year old Asian male with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He is 3'0" and 35 lbs. He was last seen wearing a light blue t-shirt with a yellow truck on front, dark blue sweatpants, and blue Adidas tennis shoes.

There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.

ANYONE WITH INFORMATION SHOULD IMMEDIATELY DIAL 911 OR CALL THE SMITHFIELD POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 919-934-2121

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/AmberAlerts/show.html
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...e&amberId=6686
    www.myspace.com/4missingkids

Thanks for posting this. I heard it on the news this morning and came here to make sure it was posted.

I hope they find him soon and that he's safe.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Amber Alert issued for 3 year old Siraj "Roji" Munir Davenport

Amber Alert issued for missing Smithfield boy

Smithfield, N.C. — An Amber Alert was issued Sunday afternoon after a child went missing from a Smithfield flea market.

Three-year-old Siraj Munir Davenport, also know as Roji, is approximately 3 feet tall and weighs 35 pounds. He has dark brown hair, and brown eyes.

He was wearing a light blue T-shirt with a yellow truck on the front, dark blue sweat pants and Adidas tennis shoes.

Roji was last seen Sunday at about 11 a.m. at the Brightleaf Flea Market on Highway 301 South in Smithfield. The boy's mother told police she was loading produce into the car when she looked down, the child was gone.

Police shut down the flea market after the boy was reported missing and searched customers cars.

Sheriff deputies later searched the Neuse River by boat for the boy, as well as conducted an extensive ground search. The ground search was called off at about 6 p.m. due to bad weather, but was expected to resume Monday morning.

Teachers from the boy's pre-school came together to also look for the boy. They said he is a well-behaved child and it is not like him to wander off.

“Roji is a happy, sweet polite, fun loving little boy. He had the cutest smile. He is unforgettable and that's why he's stuck in our hearts. That's why we're here wanting to help. He's a special little boy,” teacher Susan Barbour said.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2904214/

Oh gosh, I hope he wasn't taken. Surely someone would have seen that. I also hope he's not in that river.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Oh gosh, I hope he wasn't taken. Surely someone would have seen that. I also hope he's not in that river.
    I hope someone would have noticed but maybe not. That's just how fast it can happen.

I hope they find him soon - today would be good!

Salem

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65009

Idahogroenes had already started a thread for this little guy. It's good to know a lot of people are hearing about it though SewingDeb.

I hope he's found safe soon.

I'm sure they are checking out the mother's story. Looking for witnesses that saw her with the child at the flea market, etc.

I hope he is found soon but if he wandered off on his own it seems like he would have been found by now. So I'm guessing it's either a kidnapping or his mother isn't telling the truth. Both are terrible scenarios.

I have a 3 year old and I always buckle him into his car seat before I put my groceries in the car because I'm afraid he will get hit by a car. But that's just me. I'm trying to not judge this mother - kids are so quick to get away.

I didn't find this one by doing a search so another thread was started. My apologies.

Police shut down the flea market and searched customers' cars. Sheriff's deputies also searched the Neuse River by boat for the boy and conducted an extensive ground search.

The ground search was called off about 6 p.m. Sunday evening because of bad weather but was expected to resume Monday morning.

Teachers from Roji's pre-school also gathered to search for him. They said he is a well-behaved child and that it is not like him to wander off.

“Roji is a happy, sweet polite, fun-loving little boy," teacher Susan Barbour said. "He had the cutest smile. He is unforgettable, and that's why he's stuck in our hearts. That's why we're here wanting to help. He's a special little boy."

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is also assisting in the search.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2904214/

I thought they have to have a vehicle or POI to call an Amber Alert? I hope this little guy is found safe.

I hope this little guy is found safe, soon.

I hate to be so suspicious, but I do hope LE is checking out mom's story and finding witnesses/videotapes that show the boy in the store with her. I hope I'm wrong, but the story just doesn't ring quite right with me for some reason.

Prayers for sweet Roji. Come home soon, little guy.

Prayers for little Roji.

19 MAY 2008 4:15PM EDT... the little guy is still missing

I hope hes found safe soon but maybe im being skeptical but I dont know if I believe the mothers story......too many cases here on websleuths of bad parents I guess.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast