Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAddict View Post
    Somebody tell me why LE never gave a damn about finding Nicholas Francisco!!!!
    ----------
    becausee adult people go missing all the time and unless there is evidence that its not voluntary they don't put alot of energy into finding them. I understand why in this case that they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleGuy View Post
    I'm confused as to why they would have impounded the car at all, since there is no evidence of a crime. Assuming NF walked - he owned the car, right? I just don't see how LE could impound it. Perhaps we don't know the whole story on the car or the contents?

I'm the first to admit I know nothing about how LE works in a case like this.
    I could be off on this, but I think that the actual reason why the car was towed had nothing to do with his disappearance. I think the owner of the condo requested that it be towed, as he probably (technically) had the right to do since the car didn't belong there and it may have even been parked in a tenant's spot. But, I totally agree that the police should have realized that it might be good to keep the car there for a little longer and have explained that to the owner.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

I would say the car is in his name. The parking tickets all show his name, so that leads me to believe the car is registered in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by audrey77 View Post
    So... who's name is the car registered in... It it's Christine... she could easily giver permission to impound it or claim it "stolen" to impound it... We just don't know.

Man's body found in North Seattle

No matter, if he is alive and was in those apts, and he watched, as LE towed away his only vehicle, could you imagine how upset you'd be if it were you? There goes his wheels, wow. If he witnessed that; I'd have to say that really would have ticked him off. No wheels no job, no home, no belongings, could easily force a man to take off; to where family far away would be willing to house him, help him, and most important of all; Love Him. Hoping for news that Nick was found, because this taking the site down for server issues, is just bogus, it takes an hour to put up a site. So the main site and email is now down, guess that means no more donations, eh? Or is it a legal issue possibly and charges will be laid? Charges of false reports, fraud, etc? Now that I can see.

I hope not too
    It seems that if the location is an alley between single family homes, assuming they're not abandoned, you would think that if he had been there for months they would have found him by now, so for now I'll say I don't think it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by ckhagen View Post
    I hope not too
    It seems that if the location is an alley between single family homes, assuming they're not abandoned, you would think that if he had been there for months they would have found him by now, so for now I'll say I don't think it's him.
    It said that there was blood on the body. Whatever this is.. I don't think it happened 3+ months ago.

Or if it is him.. then he has been alive for some time since disappearing. Which would be an interesting and horrific twist.

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    Hi Seattle. LE didn't and still (to my knowledge) don't know if there was foul play involved in Nicholas's disappearance. Therefor, as they typically do they treated the finding of Nicholas's car as a possible crime scene perhaps. They took it away and the lab/forensics folks likely checked it for trace evidence.

Sometimes test results can take time to come back. They don't like to release such possible evidence (the car) until they believe that all possible evidence has been collected and that the test results come back.

It was the only chance they had to collect the least possible contaminated evidence. It is true that evidence may have already been contaminated, but as time goes by the chances for it to be further contaminated or be lost altogether increase. So they impounded and checked the car the same way they would have had they had reason to believe foul play did occur, I believe.

In two searches I've been involved in LE did not seem to think that there was foul play. But, because they did not know they sealed off the car, would let no one touch it or go near it, they had them impounded, and they were both checked for trace as I recall. Both victims were found deceased, and both were believed to have had become confused due to possible Alzheimer's. This ended up being the case for both men in those two cases. But, LE did the right thing--just in case they were incorrect in their speculations and that either man fell victim to foul play or that something else might have happened.

I hope this helps.

Do you think that after the tests came back, if LE found foreign prints (not Nick's) present in his car, they would have done more investigating around Federal Way?

Quote Originally Posted by chronictonic View Post
    No matter, if he is alive and was in those apts, and he watched, as LE towed away his only vehicle, could you imagine how upset you'd be if it were you? There goes his wheels, wow. If he witnessed that; I'd have to say that really would have ticked him off. No wheels no job, no home, no belongings, could easily force a man to take off; to where family far away would be willing to house him, help him, and most important of all; Love Him. Hoping for news that Nick was found, because this taking the site down for server issues, is just bogus, it takes an hour to put up a site. So the main site and email is now down, guess that means no more donations, eh? Or is it a legal issue possibly and charges will be laid? Charges of false reports, fraud, etc? Now that I can see.
    CT, why would he have a right to be angry that his car was towed ? It was parked illegally in someone Else's parking spot. He still had belongings, a home and a wife and babies. All he had to do was simply pick up a telephone and tell them where he was. IF he is alive and just in hiding all he has too do is call LE, tell them where he is and that he wants to remain hidden. Simple solution IF he is alive and well no dramatics involved.

While it seems to be the case that CF was unaware of NF's secret life until LE informed her, we just don't know who else would have known about it.

Let's say that perhaps leaders of MH were aware, and had privately counseled NF to stop doing this. Lets assume perhaps he was caught at the Wet Spot before. It wouldn't have been that hard for a MH leader to check out the WS calendar and know that an event was going on there. They could have kept an eye on the place and waited for him to arrive, and "ambushed" him so to speak. A confrontation like that and perhaps threat of outing him to CF could have been enough to make him run.

This all is total speculation. But, something about the timing of the whole family departing from MH 2 days earlier just has never sit right with me. I'll go so far as to say that *if* MH were involved in a scenario like above, I think they could just be "saying" the family left in order to distance themselves from it. It would only take one person involved at the church to pull something off like this without anyone else there being any the wiser.

As religious a person as CF is, I simply can't see them abandoning the church voluntarily that same week with no apparent explanation.

One thing in your post I do agree with is that something about the timing of the departing
    MH 2 days earlier seems relevant.

My question on that was simply- Were they in total agreement on resigning from MH?

I would ask that question to help me answer another question I've always had on my
    mind and that is-
    Had CF and NF been arguing about anything during those phone calls
    that day? Of course that we will never know because only one person can tell us
    the answer to that. The two of them could have been arguing for days.
    Who would ever know?

Many things just don't add up. I just keep coming back to trying to figure out what would trigger the departure. It seems to me that if there were "random" foul play, then there would have been evidence in the car. The fact that the car was not trashed and didn't appear otherwise stolen make me think whatever he was doing that night was with someone or people who he knew. That's why the MH scenario came to mind, but it's clearly just an idea. The timing of events that week are highly suspect. Looking at the big picture, something big clearly had to be going on to cause the departure and disappearance.

But you are right, we will likely not ever have answers to questions like what was going on in their relationship that week - unless a body turned up and there was later a trial. I don't see anyone involved giving up any information at this point to help solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAddict View Post
    One thing in your post I do agree with is that something about the timing of the departing
    MH 2 days earlier seems relevant.

My question on that was simply- Were they in total agreement on resigning from MH?

I would ask that question to help me answer another question I've always had on my
    mind and that is-
    Had CF and NF been arguing about anything during those phone calls
    that day? Of course that we will never know because only one person can tell us
    the answer to that. The two of them could have been arguing for days.
    Who would ever know?

Many things just don't add up. I just keep coming back to trying to figure out what would trigger the departure. It seems to me that if there were "random" foul play, then there would have been evidence in the car.
    Well, I've come to the conclusion that perhaps it wasnt' RANDOM - perhaps some sort of sex accident, where his S&M fetishes caused his death, that someone subsequently covered up.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAddict
    Do you think that after the tests came back, if LE found foreign prints (not Nick's) present in his car, they would have done more investigating around Federal Way?
    I think it might depend on what prints were found. First, I believe it is likely that there were no prints that couldn't be accounted for in the car. LE has stated that there was no evidence of foul play and no proof that Nicholas left voluntarily. There may have been prints in there that belong to those expected to have been there, but I am not aware of that.

Had they found prints they might run them against people who would be expected to have been in the car (Nicholas, Christine, the children, a friend who was known to have been in the car, etc...). They might also run them in various data bases to see if they get a hit. If they had found prints that belonged to someone who lived in the Federal Way area, then of course I think they would be looking further in that direction--especially depending on why the person was printed to begin with.

I think that because Nicholas's car was found in Federal Way that either he, someone he knew or whomever was responsible for his disappearance (if he met with foul play) had ties to Federal Way. It is possible that whomever left the car there for what ever reason chose a random place to leave the car. But, often people leave traces of where they have ties to when discarding things in cases where foul play occurred or when someone leaves on their own.

I really want to know more about the car, whether or not any prints from anyone were found, and why on earth it ended up there. I also really want to know if that car was or was not moved during its 3 day stay in the p-lot. If it turn out that the car was likely moved during its stay in the lot then that is telling and means that someone, possibly Nicholas or someone connected to Nicholas was still in the area after Nicholas disappeared.

Finally, I would like to know if there is a time line discrepancy concerning how long the car was in the p-lot. It was stated that the car was there for 3 days. Nicholas disappeared on 2/13, and the car was found on 2/18. That's 5 days. I wonder if I am overlooking something or if there is possibly anything to this. Is it that Sean and others who reported the vehicle stated they noticed it was there for 3 days to the best of their recollection (can we trust their recollection? people can make innocent mistakes)? Or is there to date a time discrepancy? I'm thinking I may be overlooking something here, so please feel free to clue me in (anyone) if you know more about this.

I just received the following email:

I wanted to follow-up with you about the body found near the bank of the Duwamish River on April 18. The deceased was a 60-year-old man. The Medical Examiner's Office has ruled the death a suicide.

Let me know if I can provide you with anything further, and thank you for reading.
    Levi Pulkkinen
    reporter, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
    levipulkkinen@seattlepi.com

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun View Post
    I think it might depend on what prints were found. First, I believe it is likely that there were no prints that couldn't be accounted for in the car. LE has stated that there was no evidence of foul play and no proof that Nicholas left voluntarily. There may have been prints in there that belong to those expected to have been there, but I am not aware of that.

Had they found prints they might run them against people who would be expected to have been in the car (Nicholas, Christine, the children, a friend who was known to have been in the car, etc...). They might also run them in various data bases to see if they get a hit. If they had found prints that belonged to someone who lived in the Federal Way area, then of course I think they would be looking further in that direction--especially depending on why the person was printed to begin with.

I think that because Nicholas's car was found in Federal Way that either he, someone he knew or whomever was responsible for his disappearance (if he met with foul play) had ties to Federal Way. It is possible that whomever left the car there for what ever reason chose a random place to leave the car. But, often people leave traces of where they have ties to when discarding things in cases where foul play occurred or when someone leaves on their own.

I really want to know more about the car, whether or not any prints from anyone were found, and why on earth it ended up there. I also really want to know if that car was or was not moved during its 3 day stay in the p-lot. If it turn out that the car was likely moved during its stay in the lot then that is telling and means that someone, possibly Nicholas or someone connected to Nicholas was still in the area after Nicholas disappeared.

Finally, I would like to know if there is a time line discrepancy concerning how long the car was in the p-lot. It was stated that the car was there for 3 days. Nicholas disappeared on 2/13, and the car was found on 2/18. That's 5 days. I wonder if I am overlooking something or if there is possibly anything to this. Is it that Sean and others who reported the vehicle stated they noticed it was there for 3 days to the best of their recollection (can we trust their recollection? people can make innocent mistakes)? Or is there to date a time discrepancy? I'm thinking I may be overlooking something here, so please feel free to clue me in (anyone) if you know more about this.
    Being that you have more experience with this sort of thing than most of us, I'm glad to hear you agree with those of us who feel strongly about the importance of the location where Nick's car was found!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast