Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Nicholas Francisco, 28, Seattle, 13 Feb 2008 - #11

I have a hard time believing that Nicholas is alive. It seems like a man who had a stay at home wife, was good to his family, and helped so much with the kids would have started sending some money by now. It's been three months and long enough for him to have gotten situated by now, unless he hasn't found work.

can someone direct me to HornySteven's MySpace account?

I have to say after watching this from day one, and vacillating on my opinion of what happened almost every day since then, I am starting to lose hope that he is alive.
    However, the one hope that I have is that leading a secret life causes people to really compartmentalize both feelings and actions. In some ways, this double identity, if true, was extremely selfish, since I'm assuming he knew how much it would hurt Christine.I am not here to cast judgement, but actually am hoping that this aspect of potential selfishness in his character and experience in hiding aspects of himself from many people is what might be keeping a living Nicholas obscured.
    In reality, despite the fact that I'd probably recognize Nicholas were I to encounter him, its a big, big world and there are thousands of missing people who would go unnoticed by me, and I keep up with cases such as this. Think of really how easy it would be to disappear.
    Gosh, look at that, I've swung back to there is a distinct possibility that he's alive during my own posting, sometimes I make myself go:
    Regardless, I really feel for his family, and hope that some sort of resolution comes soon for them. I can only imagine how overwhelming this must be for them.

I tend to feel he may have left willing at this point based on no evidence on the car, etc. Maybe he didn't but if he did he wouldn't be the first to walk away from a "seemingly" good life..
    "Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible." Anonymous
    Matthew 19:26

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I have a hard time believing that Nicholas is alive. It seems like a man who had a stay at home wife, was good to his family, and helped so much with the kids would have started sending some money by now. It's been three months and long enough for him to have gotten situated by now, unless he hasn't found work.

I wish that we knew more about Nick as a person. All we really know about him is what we have heard from his co-workers, wife, and what we have seen in the family pictures. I would like to know more about his personality and behaviors. Who is he?

I also have a hard time believing that he would just up and abandon his family. Especially the kids without a backward glance. Not caring if they have food to eat or a roof over their heads. That is so opposite of who I thought he was. How can a person be dedicated to his children one minute and not give a darn about them the next? I know that lots of fathers abandon their families but most of the guys weren't that great of dads in the first place.

Just up and leaving his job without a word bothers me too. He was moving up in that company. Why would he not give notice so he could use them on his resume? Just throwing everyone and everything to the wind doesn't make any sense. I wonder if he was a sex addict and it just took over his life? I can't imagine meeting someone that would become my whole world above and beyond my kids to the point that I didn't care what happened to them or if I ever saw them again. His kids seemed to be a big part of his life. I just wish we knew what his "secret life" was.

LE would be able to follow any withdrawls from his paypal account....what he spent the money on unless he just took cash out of it all of the time. This whole case is such a puzzle. I hope he is alive but I'm beginning to think that we may never have an answer one way or the other. So many missing people are never found whether they are alive or dead they just vanish into thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I also have a hard time believing that he would just up and abandon his family. Especially the kids without a backward glance. Not caring if they have food to eat or a roof over their heads. That is so opposite of who I thought he was. How can a person be dedicated to his children one minute and not give a darn about them the next? I know that lots of fathers abandon their families but most of the guys weren't that great of dads in the first place.
    And they take more than fifty bucks in their pocket.

Bobbisangel, you've written beautifully what a lot us have thought all along.

It doesn't make sense, you're right.

I hope they find his body soon and solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumstick View Post
    And they take more than fifty bucks in their pocket.

We do not know how much money he had in his pocket.

He could have had thousands, and the $50 withdrawal was just the last bit of cash withdrawn.
    People can hide cash and save up for a long time with no trail of it.

Just because he took $50 out on the 13th does not mean he only had $50.

[B]It seems last night that there were some ppl questioning my post, but I left for the night. I know ppl who live in Seattle and have a source there who has done several drive bys to check on the status of the house; what it looked like, & see who was there. So that's the status as of last night, his Paseo is parked there and the lawns have been trimmed up and cleaned up. And, if you need a link to that, send me a POST CARD LOL!
    Very possible the 50$ was the last of many saved 50$ withdrawls he made. I think I am still leaning towards a sig other, that he left of his own volition
    Last edited by CW; 05-25-2008 at 03:20 AM. Reason: until this can be proven by LE it is not allowed.

[quote=chronictonic;2244332]It seems last night that there were some ppl questioning my post, but I left for the night. I know ppl who live in Seattle and have a source there who has done several drive bys to check on the status of the house; what it looked like, & see who was there. So that's the status as of last night, his Paseo is parked there and the lawns have been trimmed up and cleaned up. And, if you need a link to that, send me a POST CARD LOL!
    [B]Very possible the 50$ was the last of many saved 50$ withdrawls he made. I think I am still leaning towards a sig other, that he left of his own volition

Which house is this, the old or the new?
    Last edited by CW; 05-25-2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Due to quote being edited.

If it's the old house and still technically owned by her, why would it be a big deal if she is keeping the car there right now? Anyway, there are enough local people (here) who can verify it in the near future.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

If the lawn is kept up I would expect that..most cities and towns have laws about keeping the grass mowed, that it can't be over a certain height. Also since the house is not being lived in it is to her advantage to keep it looking as though someone is living there, lawn mowed, a car in the drive..this helps prevent vandalism.

Also, if it is on the market, I imagine they'd want to keep the house looking decent for potential buyers.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad View Post
    We do not know how much money he had in his pocket.

He could have had thousands, and the $50 withdrawal was just the last bit of cash withdrawn.
    People can hide cash and save up for a long time with no trail of it.

Just because he took $50 out on the 13th does not mean he only had $50.

No, no one knows how much money Nicholas had, but he only made so much money and was supporting a family on this income. We haven't been told how much money was ever put in, taken out, or any history of the secret paypal account. I assume that there is actually not much missing money at all from any source since if there were, that would be evidence of Nicholas leaving on his own. LE has said that his paper trail does not indicate one way or the other that he left.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    No, no one knows how much money Nicholas had, but he only made so much money and was supporting a family on this income. We haven't been told how much money was ever put in, taken out, or any history of the secret paypal account. I assume that there is actually not much missing money at all from any source since if there were, that would be evidence of Nicholas leaving on his own. LE has said that his paper trail does not indicate one way or the other that he left.
    I'm not sure that if he had taken thousands out it would indicate one way or the other if he left. Also from the sounds of it he could have easily done more freelance work then Christine knew about putting the money in the "secret account". So how much or little money would have little to do with indicating anything.

I find it even harder to believe that he was killed because there is just no evidence of foul play. It is way more likely for a man to walk away with no looking back then it is to have someone killed with no evidence. jmo

[quote=chronictonic;2244332]It seems last night that there were some ppl questioning my post, but I left for the night. I know ppl who live in Seattle and have a source there who has done several drive bys to check on the status of the house; what it looked like, & see who was there. So that's the status as of last night, his Paseo is parked there and the lawns have been trimmed up and cleaned up. And, if you need a link to that, send me a POST CARD LOL!
    [B]Very possible the 50$ was the last of many saved 50$ withdrawls he made. I think I am still leaning towards a sig other, that he left of his own volition

What is the point tho?

If you have been watching the house then you know that wasn't the case until very recently. When I went by there the yard was very unkept and looked like it had been for quite some time. Perhaps they were trying to clean it up to prepare for selling it. His car was in the driveway tho. I am just not sure what you are trying to say. Are you trying to say that he is there? Since we know that Christine has moved then it certainly wouldn't be her staying in the home.

From what I could see the neighbors were very much on top of people coming by there. I slowed down and the neighbor directly across the street was out there before I could get 50 feet past the place.

I also think that same neighbor would have known if Nichoas came home that night.
    Last edited by CW; 05-25-2008 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Due to quote being edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I wish that we knew more about Nick as a person. All we really know about him is what we have heard from his co-workers, wife, and what we have seen in the family pictures. I would like to know more about his personality and behaviors. Who is he?

Just up and leaving his job without a word bothers me too. He was moving up in that company. Why would he not give notice so he could use them on his resume? Just throwing everyone and everything to the wind doesn't make any sense. I wonder if he was a sex addict and it just took over his life? I can't imagine meeting someone that would become my whole world above and beyond my kids to the point that I didn't care what happened to them or if I ever saw them again. His kids seemed to be a big part of his life. I just wish we knew what his "secret life" was.

LE would be able to follow any withdrawls from his paypal account....what he spent the money on unless he just took cash out of it all of the time. This whole case is such a puzzle. I hope he is alive but I'm beginning to think that we may never have an answer one way or the other. So many missing people are never found whether they are alive or dead they just vanish into thin air.
    Like TXsvicki, I too am having trouble keeping faith after three months that Nick
    is still alive but hope so!

Let's just say Nicholas did leave voluntarily...

My take is that IF, and that's a big IF, Nick did voluntarily leave, then he had to have been a desperately unhappy man for a very long time! I think he tried to be the husband and Father he was expected to be, but he was not happy with his home life for some reason!
    (let's give Nick some grace here, ok? we're not allowed to bash his wife)!

He may have stayed on longer than he even wanted just because of the children!
    He did not leave them on the street. They are with their Mother.

Nick is an Aquarian- having dabbled a bit in Astrology and having raised an Aquarian, I can tell you from experience they don't like to be told what to do! lol, rebellious, love their freedom, a bit eccentric, very social, outgoing, friendly, honest! It's an air sign
    (air needs to circulate), can't stand to be smothered!

So.what I'm saying is that IF Nicholas chose to give up that great job at Publicis and leave
    he was in a state of desperation! He was being smothered. He needed his freedom.

Would we rather he escape the life that was unbearable or commit suicide?

Excuse me, I'm just trying to feel the heart of Nick's Mother at this point.

Yes, he needs to pay support for his kids, then breathe free and use
    his artistic talent to create a wonderful new prosperous life.

Initially, it seemed that Nicholas was the ideal father and husband who would have never willingly leave his family. Since then LE has made it known that there is a secret life and that there is a PayPal account that Christine wasn't aware of. I have thought since that time that I needed to change my way of thinking in this case and in all cases. Things are sometimes not as they appear to be in the beginning.

We do not know the full extent of what his secret life might have been or still is if he is alive. Some people around the nation seem to believe that it shouldn't be a major issue that would spark major trouble in a marriage if stevenspazz is Nicholas. Some people do. That is ultimately left to Christine based on her own beliefs, values and expectations.

Now that I know that Nicholas had a secret life per LE it is not to say that I have full reign to harshly judge anyone--not Christine, not Nicholas, not his family. Judgement does not help to solve a mystery. Judgement does not have a place in research or investigation, imo. Remaining objective and researching all possible angles beginning with what seems to be the most likely may be more helpful, in my opinion.

However, this is a discussion group where opinions and speculations are welcome. I backed out of this in part because my goal was to research objectively. Maybe I am too serious and to anal retentive in my thinking. I don't know. I took this case to heart, and maybe I was too involved. I am still researching, though. I spend all of my spare time, and I don't have much--working on this to try and find Nicholas.

Initially, I didn't understand and was suspicious as to why Christine seemed to need so much help and focused on it soon after Nicholas disappeared. Then I thought back to a little over a year ago when I was in a desperate situation.

I am a single mom with one daughter who is in the local community college. My house had a couple of cases of severe water damage caused by bad pipes breaking. I didn't know the route cause so after we fixed the house the first time it happened again. It was a slow leak under the house with an amazon jungle down there that we didn't know about--until I fell through the house.

The insurance wouldn't touch it, and the house was beyond repairable. I couldn't sell it. I owe mortgage, and I couldn't afford to rent some place else at the same time. No one would want to buy it. So we were stuck. I was desperate. I would have accepted help, and I offered to accept help. Some people thought they knew what was best for us and made their opinions known. They did not understand the whole story.

Some people were convinced that the house could be fixed and offered their advice on who could fix it and how it could be fixed. They didn't see my house. The foundation is crumbling and rotting away. The doors and windows don't close. All the wood in the foundation is rotting and soft throughout. There is mold that cannot be combated--it is in and within every part of every piece of wood. All wood in the house would have to be removed, ergo the whole house is rotten and totaled.

The only solution is to bulldoze it--per determinations from professional contractors and remodeling companies. Yet, well meaning people thought they knew best what to do--without seeing my house--without being professionals.

First of all there must have been more then just $50 missing from their accounts. Christine knew nothing about the account the $ 50 was drawn from. Secondly, Christine and her sister were pleading for money because there was far less in the accounts she knew about then should have been.

So to assume he walked off with only $50 in his pocket would be false due to what we know of their finances. I also think there were other accounts and he took money from their personal accounts. If not, Christine would have not been surprised and upset by the lack of funds. If those funds were not also taken out on the night in question, then I believe he was preparing to leave. He depleted the joint finances prior to that night knowing he was on the verge of leaving.

It's hard to speculate on their finances. But, when reading the news and the financial advice on the web, it appears that most working people have little or no savings. I know my son and his family are not far from ruin when it comes to money, and both he and his wiife work. i think it's lkely when there is only one breadwinner, we're not talking thousands in savings here. And when that one breadwinner disappears, well- I think we can see pretty clearly what happens just by looking at this case.

Always another question in this case...........

Why no Place of Birth on Nick's Missing Flyers?

We assume he's not an illegal alien right?
    So why is his birth place a secret?
    Surely his employer has it in his records.

Why was that not made public? There must be a reason!

Tell us the reasons POB should be there.

I can't recall many (if any) missing person flyers that have listed a missing persons place of birth? I'm not sure how that is relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAddict View Post
    Always another question in this case...........

Why no Place of Birth on Nick's Missing Flyers?

We assume he's not an illegal alien right?
    So why is his birth place a secret?
    Surely his employer has it in his records.

Why was that not made public? There must be a reason!
    Princess Blue
    Located September 10, 1990 in Manvel, Texas

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
    Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
    Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

I've not ever seen a missing person's flyer with a person's place of birth on it. There may be some out there, but I've not seen them. If a child is young and speaks Portuguese, then the place of birth might be put on the flyer. Even in that case that the child speaks Portuguese might be more important to include. I don't understand how it would be relevant to finding someone in most cases though. Thus, I don't think that by leaving it out on Nicholas's flyer that it means anything necessarily.
    Last edited by LionRun; 05-24-2008 at 03:02 AM.

I don't recall ever reading that the known accounts contained far less money than should have been there. Christine mentioned that Nicholas shielded her from worse financial problems than she knew about. If Nicholas had drained household accounts wouldn't that be clear evidence of running off? If Christine knew of money missing , then she would have went on national tv claiming that Nicholas wouldn't have run off for any reason. I'll never believe that she at least didn't know how much money he made and how much the bills were. She'd have to know in order to buy the kids' things and shop unless they were living on credit cards.

You know, with house payments and kids to raise, possibly a car paymernt, insurance, daily bills, internet fees and businesses to finance- i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they were overextended financially. And if they had a ARM mortgage on their house, bought in 2006- the payments would probably have been at the point of skyrocketing. Add a secret double life, designer fabrics and body spa ingredients - you would have a recipe for disaster. And then, another baby. Whoa.
    Suicide?
    jmo

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast