777 users online (95 members and 682 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I think it could have been an ad not a story about the ballet company.

I think someone mentioned earlier that they may have been pages missing from the Look Magazine. There were not because I went through the mazazine page by page and all pages were there. I was so excited to find that copy-paid around $14.00 for it and couldn't wait to get it. I was also very disappointed that the article was not in the magazine. I was just thinking-maybe it was a typo on the year. Could it have been May 1948 rather than 1946. I have searched and searched the internet but can't find a thing on it-even requesting people selling old Look magazines to look for it.

There is a person registered on classmates com. (a woman) that went to school there at that time. I do not have a gold account so I can't write to her. Anyone have a gold account?

Anyone know how much it costs to get a gold account?

Okay everyone I am going to try something

I am getting a free membership and am going to place Betty Sodder's photo up as if it is my photo. Perhaps someone will write to us, based off of her photo. Even if it isn't actually Betty, a lookalike and than someone seeing this photo of the other lookalike might be enough to jog someone's memory and they may write to my email.

We even have something new to go on now. Walt Whitman of New York, NY was a private school.

I think it is $15.00 for 3 months. My problem was they kept billing by credit card every 3 months after until I complained and cancelled.

It was not a dance school, therefore this tells me it was not an ad for a dance school, but probably an ad to send your child to this private school.

Quote Originally Posted by catsy101 View Post
    Anyone know how much it costs to get a gold account?

I have one. Have several things, and share with others other things, LOL! We gotta work together! What are we lookin' for?

Christine, I am getting ready to email you with the girls name and a picture. Went to Walt Whitman Intermediate 44-48 and graduated from St. Joseph, 1956. She may know something.

can you please forward that to me as well? I will start looking for her using her name and whitepages.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fox1950 View Post
    Christine, I am getting ready to email you with the girls name and a picture. Went to Walt Whitman Intermediate 44-48 and graduated from St. Joseph, 1956. She may know something.
    Picture has been sent. Email titled Girl from Walt Whitman School. Yes, Catsy, will forward to you, also. Can you pm me your email address-can't insert picture in pm.

Oh sorry
    she has a gold account perfect send it to christine

Christine she went to the same school either A. Betty Sodder, or her lookalike went to.

We need to know if she knew her, I think the best way to do this would be to send her a photo of Betty Sodder, and ask her if she knew her. Don't give away the name Betty Sodder, because odds are, her name was changed, I would just send her the photo and say "Did you know this girl?" We are trying to track her down or something like that. Just let her know that family is searching for her. And see what she knows if anything. It could potentially help us a great deal in this case.

And yes Fox wouldn't mind having it forwarded to me too. Might find something.

Thanks Fox and Christine. Your both great!

Newmom this is a big help! I just went there, registered, and asked if anyone knew of the photo or the school. I also mentioned Louise Kruger in the hopes someone knew of her. THANKS!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast