Another Pit Bull Attack

Amraann

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/052008dnmetpitbulls.b6e14b5.html

ABILENE, Texas -- A 7-year-old boy died after he was attacked by pit bulls while playing outside near his rural home, authorities said.
A driver saw Tanner Joshua Monk of Breckenridge lying next to a road near Hubbard Lake on Sunday with two pit bulls nearby and stopped to check on the child, Stephens County Sheriff Jim Reeves said. When she left her car, the dogs became aggressive and she called 911, he said.

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it in this one....wonder when we can start shooting and killing all the stupid irresponsible dog owners, pit-bull or otherwise. :rolleyes:

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it in this one....wonder when we can start shooting and killing all the stupid irresponsible dog owners, pit-bull or otherwise. :rolleyes:

LOLOL!! I think that certain breeds can be more dangerous and as such owners should have to meet certain criteria and safety guidelines in order to own them.

LOLOL!! I think that certain breeds can be more dangerous and as such owners should have to meet certain criteria and safety guidelines in order to own them.

That would take care of a lot of this, but hell we can't even get something like that inacted before the idiots have kids, what chance do we have of stopping them getting dogs? :crazy:

That would take care of a lot of this, but hell we can't even get something like that inacted before the idiots have kids, what chance do we have of stopping them getting dogs? :crazy:

Historically its easier to protect pets..
For example the first child abuse laws were enacted in NY based on Animal protection laws already in place.

Nice huh?

Historically its easier to protect pets..
For example the first child abuse laws were enacted in NY based on Animal protection laws already in place.

Nice huh?

Yeah, but you can stomp your dog to death and still only get charged with a misdemeanor. :mad:

If I posted every pit bull attack on this forum that I hear about in the news there wouldn't be any other threads getting my attention:furious:. What will it take for people to quit this breed and let it die out

I agree...I stopped posting every pit bull attack around our area because it is met with the same response here each time. It is the owners yada yada yada.

Doesn't stop the dogs from attacking and killing the innocents tho...does it? I can't recall the last time I heard of non-pit bulls killing or disfiguring someone in my area, but of course...the news supposedly doesn't report those some will say. (In our area, the news reports them all if it involves a person being attacked.)

I agree...I stopped posting every pit bull attack around our area because it is met with the same response here each time. It is the owners yada yada yada.

Doesn't stop the dogs from attacking and killing the innocents tho...does it? I can't recall the last time I heard of non-pit bulls killing or disfiguring someone in my area, but of course...the news supposedly doesn't report those some will say. (In our area, the news reports them all if it involves a person being attacked.)

It is the owners!! We cannot hold an animal responsible for its actions. The owners being humans and of supposed higher intellect are the ones who should ensure these dogs are not permitted to run loose or harm people.

Yet every person who owns a pit bull claims their dog would never attack. :waitasec:

Owners AND breeders, imo...backyard breeders in particular.

Stomping on puppies' feet when they are at a common food bowl is NOT the way to raise a happy stable dog.

Responsible breeders cull the litter of any aggressive pups in their infancy.

I'm sure this subject has been addressed enough times on these forums with proper citations/sourcing.

I'm opposed to breed-specific laws for the many reasons which are accessible via the net.

(With respect and sympathy to all victims/survivors.)

Let's just say...I will never trust a pit. In order for the owner of the pits that got out of his yard across from my mom's to keep them in his...he had to install two fences. One fence he had to dig down into the ground a few feet so they could not dig out. The second fence is well over six feet tall. HE knows how dangerous his animals are and finally took appropriate measures to stop them. If it had not been for her next door neighbor who happened to be outside and "knew" the dogs...there is no telling what could have happened to my mom. Thank God she didn't have one of her 3 adorable dogs with her at the time!

I would vote yes for a ban measure in the city absolutely!

Let's just say...I will never trust a pit.

I understand your point, based on your personal experience, and therefore respect your POV.

What is a "pit"? Is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier a "pit" in your thinking? Amstaff, UKC pit bull too?

Do you trust German Shepherds or Rotties...how about Dobermans?

In a perfect world that perhaps you and I would design together, all dogs would be properly contained in their yards/homes according to local leash laws, and the persons responsible for their care would take that responsibiity most seriously (and all that means).

Furthermore, if a dog is a digger, I would hope its keeper would know to install proper fencing and foundations...even if that dog is a little poopsie type! ;-)

A six-foot fence in good condition and of appropriate material is standard for larger or jumping breeds.

In the perfect world I envision, people would stop breeding dogs just for the fun of it, for the profit, or to teach their kids about deliveries! Truly, I've heard all such reasons numerous times and they make no sense whatsoever.

The responsible breeders I know have their pups placed even before conception. They are in it not for the money, but to prosper the breed. In fact, it costs money to engage in this sort of program.

I cried when they put-down some tiny ones for being too snappy...but I respected their decisions because these people are knowledgeable and want their breed of choice to be all the dog it should be!

So for me, most assuredly, NO breed-specific laws...it's still like most problems here on this imperfect earth, a problem created by people.

I am NOT going there with you or anyone else. Not playing the "what is a pit bull" game because it is ridiculous, imo. To John Q. Public: Keep your pits...but keep them muzzled, away from the public, and pray they don't attack your children or grands someday. If they do...it is your own fault and you should be criminally charged!

Wow. You have no idea what type of dogs I share my life with, if any at all.

I hope you don't edit your post...it stands on its own.

I wish you well, despite all that venom directed at me.

SS, do you have restrictions in the USA on these dangerous breed of dogs? Over here we have stopped importing them and any person that owns one has to have them desexed. Our Goverment says "They are killing machines on a leash." Have to say...I agree.

Wow. You have no idea what type of dogs I share my life with, if any at all.

I hope you don't edit your post...it stands on its own.

I wish you well, despite all that venom directed at me.
Sorry, Shana...it wasn't totally directed at you. You were the one asking me if I knew the difference between what people consider pits...which I took to mean you were about to tell me no matter what my answer was...am I correct in my assumption? I have heard it all many times before and it is a smokescreen for pro-pitbull people! My venom is really directed at senseless killings/maimings of children and others who are subjected to these animals for no reason other than they chose to walk outside of their homes!

I have no desire to edit my post except to clarify who I was directing it towards. I believe that pit bulls should be banned. However, if they are not banned...I want strict laws to be in place. I do want them to be muzzled, I do not want them in public, and I do want the law to read so that any pit bull owner will face serious criminal charges upon ANY attack which happens as a result of a person owning these animals!!

There are laws in certain areas of the country and more laws are coming to address the issue. I think the Aussie government is ahead of the rest of us! They are at least trying to put a stop to people being eaten alive.

Well they do not choose to be trained to attack, do they? Nor do they choose to be inbred.

If you don't think it's the owners, do you think they are just the meanest breed alive without any human input?

If anyone can show me that a human has no part in pit bull attack, then and only then will I stop blaming them.

It sure is! They should be charged as if they turned a gun on someone and shot them dead, too. If we cannot ban the animals...let us go after the owners with a vengence. I am all for making the owners responsible in such a way that they have to risk going to prison if they are willing to keep them and if their animals kill another human being.

It sure is! They should be charged as if they turned a gun on someone and shot them dead, too. If we cannot ban the animals...let us go after the owners with a vengence. I am all for making the owners responsible in such a way that they have to risk going to prison if they are willing to keep them and if their animals kill another human being.

Now, THAT I can get on board with :clap::clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991