Sen. Ted Kennedy has Brain Tumor UPDATE PASSED AWAY

I am not really sorry for him. Its called KARMA.

I am not really sorry for him. Its called KARMA.
His chickens came home to roost. :chicken:

I don't will anyone ill will or ill health, but TK isn't one of my most favorite people. Yes the Kennedys have faced untimely deaths many times over, but most of it was of their own making in one way or another. Like many with money, power and privilege, they live life as though the rules that govern most of us don't apply to them. They make stupid choices and have paid dearly for those choices.

I'm not saying TK's brain tumor has anything to do with his stupid choices, unless excessive partying causes cancerous brain tumors, but those in that family that may have died because of stupid choices include:

Michael Kennedy - smashing into a tree playing football on a ski slope
David Kennedy - died of a drug overdose
JFK, Jr. - thought he was a better pilot than he proved to be
Kathleen Kennedy - took off in a little private plane with her boyfriend during a storm
Joe Kennedy, Jr. - another plane crash and can't remember the details
JFK Sr. - shot in Dallas riding in an open limo not behind bullet proof glass even though I believe he had been warned about that
Jackie Kenedy - died of non Hodgkins limphoma - possibly caused by chain smoking for many years.

I was really thinking about the poor girl Ted left to drown.

I was really thinking about the poor girl Ted left to drown.

Me too, hence my chickens comment.

But they are a really big family, and really big families are bound to have illnesses and untimely deaths in larger numbers due to the law of averages. I guess that I am saying that I don't buy into the Kennedy Curse point of view.

My condolences go out to his family, and the people who love him. He seems like a permanent fixture in the media, and in spite of my personal feeling for the man, I would not wish this on him. I said it in the other thread.. I hope he is surrounded by loved ones and beats this cancer. If not, I hope he makes his peace with his God.

My condolences go out to his family, and the people who love him. He seems like a permanent fixture in the media, and in spite of my personal feeling for the man, I would not wish this on him. I said it in the other thread.. I hope he is surrounded by loved ones and beats this cancer. If not, I hope he makes his peace with his God.

I couldn't agree with you more! :clap:

I think Sen. Kennady did make alot of mistakes in his lifetime. And many were in his younger days. I'm not excusing him of this.

But I sure would think he would have made peace with God by this date.
He is now 76 years old.
I pray that he has made his peace and is right with God.

I will pray for him, and for his family.

I think Sen. Kennady did make alot of mistakes in his lifetime. And many were in his younger days. I'm not excusing him of this.

But I sure would think he would have made peace with God by this date.
He is now 76 years old.
I pray that he has made his peace and is right with God.

I will pray for him, and for his family.

His wife looks like a really sweet, fun lady. I think he tried to make "peace" through hard work and dedication to his brothers' ideals. I mean, if you had two brothers assassinated, might you "get drunk and rebel"? It's terrible what happened, but he's had to live with whatever part he played.

He's going to die now. Humans do that; he's lucky to have made it 76 years.

His wife looks like a really sweet, fun lady. I think he tried to make "peace" through hard work and dedication to his brothers' ideals. I mean, if you had two brothers assassinated, might you "get drunk and rebel"? It's terrible what happened, but he's had to live with whatever part he played.

He's going to die now. Humans do that; he's lucky to have made it 76 years.
I just wish that he had taken responsibility for that incident so many years ago. Her death was his fault... his choices. It is tough to feel sorry for someone who left his girlfriend to die in 5 ft. of water.

I do feel sorry for his family.. so many people who love him, and love the legacy of the Kennedys. I have always been fascinated by the family, and think that Ted was not the greatest among them. He would've been president if he didn't have the baggage that he carries.

When Teddy dies, it will be the end of an era, and it is hard to not be caught up in the media.. I wonder which news outlet will first dare to mention that bridge incident, which has defined his life.

Jean and Patricia are still alive, and then of course there is Ethel, a Kennedy by marriage.

My friend has battled an inoperable brain tumor for the past few years and it is horrible. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and I certainly don't wish it on Ted Kennedy or his family.

Caroline has lost everyone and Ted has always been there for her. I think it is a devastating blow for her in particular.

Bless the Kennedys for having more anguish to overcome. It seems to never end for them and it truly is heartbreaking.

I would hate to be a family member reading either of these two threads, but I understand your right to your opinions. Cancer is a terrible disease and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. :(

ETA: Just realized how out of context this post seems without a proper quote. I was just unhinged about the "Karma" aspect from some posts on both threads.

My friend has battled an inoperable brain tumor for the past few years and it is horrible. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and I certainly don't wish it on Ted Kennedy or his family.

Caroline has lost everyone and Ted has always been there for her. I think it is a devastating blow for her in particular.

Bless the Kennedys for having more anguish to overcome. It seems to never end for them and it truly is heartbreaking.

100% agree with you Seriously Searching.

These people have had to endure more then most people have had to in there lifetime. It is a very sad day!

I don't wish nothing bad on anyone my mother in law passed from a brain tumor & it was devastating for the family.

Sen.Robert Byrd broke down & that just tore me up inside. I don't know all the details on TK's personal life because just to be honest here I don't keep up with 'democrats too often. I do wish him the best through this ordeal and i'll pray for him. I can't see anyone suffer it just really really bothers me.

:clap::clap::clap: Well-said.

This thread isn't the time or place to bash Ted for Chappaquidick, besides he's had many years to repent for it and I think deep down he is a good man, I like his politics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back