LA LA - Barbara Blount, 58, Holden, 2 May 2008

Could the article be any less informative?! Where was she going? Does she have a cell phone, etc etc etc???

I can't get the regular link to work so here's a cached link:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:S_c_pPTvsXkJ:www.2theadvocate.com/news/18570874.html%3FshowAll%3Dy%26c%3Dy+%22barbara+blount%22+louisiana&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

A neighbor last heard from Blount, 58, at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman Perry Rushing has said.
Authorities believe Blount was taken from her residence against her will, he said.
A passer-by discovered Blount’s car abandoned on the logging road less than a mile from her red brick house on La. 1036 near the St. Helena Parish line around 4:15 p.m. Friday.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...barbara+blount"+louisiana&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1
and

Family and friends gathered at several houses near Barbara Blount’s home Sunday afternoon, waiting for news from detectives and offering each other support.
“You don’t expect something like this in the country,” said Winnie Wheat, a cousin of Blount.
Sarah Baughman, one of Barbara Blount’s older sisters, said her sister was a devout member of Holden’s Magnolia Baptist Church, serving on the church committee and attending services there three times a week.
Relatives described Blount as a devoted mother to her 29-year-old daughter and 32-year-old son and said she would never go anywhere without calling someone.
Blount has lived alone since 2004, when her husband Henry Blount Jr. died after a train collided with his gasoline truck in Chalmette.
Baughman said her sister always was cautious about her surroundings, locking her doors and carrying a gun when she went outside to feed the cows.
Detectives are still treating Blount’s disappearance as a missing person’s case, Carpenter said.
(more at link)

:(

Wow, this is actually about 10 mins from where I live and I have heard nothing about it until today. That's really sad. My question is... She dissapeared on May 2nd, and they are just setting up a search for her??

Family mourns woman abducted one year ago

Exactly one year after Holden resident Barbara Ann Blount disappeared, her loved ones gathered Saturday morning at her church to pray for her return.

Blount’s children, siblings, other relatives and friends sat in the pews of Magnolia Baptist Church in Holden for a prayer vigil in her honor.

Some bowed their heads in prayer. Others silently dabbed tears from their eyes. Every now and then, someone let out a whimper, an indication that the grief Blount’s family and friends suffered one year ago has never subsided.

Blount was 58 years old when she was taken from her residence against her will, the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office reported at the time.

Hours after her abduction, Blount’s silver 2006 Toyota Camry was found parked on a road in a wooded area a quarter of a mile from her home.

Blount has not been seen or heard from since Friday, May 2, 2008.

Suzanne Honeycutt, one of Blount’s nieces, said there have been no leads in her aunt’s disappearance. The missing woman’s credit cards remain unused.

“We don’t know anything, but we don’t think it was a random act,” Honeycutt said.

The active search for Blount was suspended several weeks after her disappearance. Honeycutt and the rest of her relatives believe the public’s eye has turned away from them and their missing relative.

She handed out fliers with Blount’s picture earlier this week and was surprised by the public’s reaction.

“People thought she had been found,” Honeycutt said.

Honeycutt said her aunt lived a quiet life. She was active in her church. Each night she cooked dinner for her two children who each lived on the same road as their mother. She took care of her cattle and drove her sister to doctor’s appointments.

“She was never in the wrong place,” Honeycutt said.

Blount talked to her sister, Mary Brumfield, every day.

“She was my best friend,” Brumfield said of Blount.

Family gatherings have not been the same since Blount vanished. When the last such gathering was held, Brumfield said, “I couldn’t bring myself to go because she wasn’t there.”

Brumfield said she would be to able to accept her sister’s death, but the uncertainty of what happened to Blount haunts her.

The Rev. Berkley Boyd has been pastor of Magnolia Baptist Church for the past seven months. He never met Blount, but said Saturday he had heard many good things about her.

“We don’t know why bad things happen to good people,” Boyd said during prayer in church. “We know beyond doubt that Barbara was a good person.”

During Saturday’s vigil for Blount, Honeycutt prayed aloud for police and FBI investigators handling the disappearance. She also prayed that the party responsible for Blount’s abduction come forward.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/44241972.html?showAll=y&c=y

Project Jason

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=2799.15

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3992/0/

The Charley Project

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/blount_barbara.html

Louisiana Repository for Unidentied and Missing Persons

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=118

118_1.jpg

Leads run dry in Holden woman's disappearance

http://www.wbrz.com/news/leads-run-dry-in-holden-woman-s-disappearance/

Seven years ago, Barbara Blount vanished without a trace.

Tonight, her family is holding on to hope that someday they'll get to embrace their loved one again. The Investigative Unit uncovered new information from the family about what happened in the days and hours following Barbara Blount's disappearance. Investigators believe she was snatched from her home. Her whereabouts still remain a mystery.

In the days following Barbara Blount's disappearance, the family says a man gave the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office a DNA sample but refused to take a polygraph test. Nothing materialized from them questioning him. There was hardly any evidence recovered at the house or Blount's car that was ditched. As they pray for closure to hopefully see Barbara again, they had this message for the person responsible for Blount's disappearance.

"I don't hate them," Baughman said. "I don't have bitterness. God took care of all of that. I wish that they would come forward and pay their debt here on this earth. God tells us for everything we do there is a price to pay...and they will pay for what they've done."

I just found this case after searching for another LA missing person. It is so bizarre that after all of this time, there is still information between to sources that have conflicting important info, like where her cell phone was found. I wonder who is believed to be involved?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Livingston sheriff asks for public's help in 10-year unsolved case of missing Holden woman

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_a8e2f472-52d0-11e8-9a37-4f42d9a14362.html

Ten years since the disappearance of a Holden woman, authorities are again asking for the public’s help in finding answers.

At a news conference Tuesday, Livingston Sheriff Jason Ard urged anyone who might have information in the disappearance of Barbara Blount, who went missing on May 2, 2008, to come forward.

“Someone knows something, and we’re asking, if you know something, to come forward,” Ard said. “Even if you know that you have given us information already in the past, give it to us again. This case is very important to us.”

New push to solve cold case of missing Northshore woman

http://www.wwl.com/articles/new-push-solve-cold-case-missing-northshore-woman

Cops are trying to drum up new leads and evidence in decade old case of a missing woman in Livingston Parish.

"It has been 10 years and, we still don’t know what happened to Barbara Blount," Sheriff Jason Ard said in a statement.

The Sheriff added, "It’s frustrating, really. What happened to her? This is one of those cases that sticks with you, you know? I think we all – including the family – just want answers and we don’t intend to stop until we get some. We’re hoping that advancements in DNA testing over the last 10 years help breathe new life into this case. That, and maybe someone’s conscious – someone telling us what they know – could help bring this case to a close

ALL WE WANT IS ANSWERS” | Agony continues for family, frustration looms for investigators 10 years after Barbara Blount disappearance

https://www.livingstonparishnews.co...cle_3baa0788-53a2-11e8-8012-dfe58658f272.html
Ten years after a Holden woman disappeared from her home, Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard renewed his plea for information that could help his detectives in the investigation into her mysterious disappearance.

Barbara Blount, 58, was apparently taken by force May 2, 2008 from her rural home on La. 1036, near the St. Helena Parish line. Crews came up empty in a search that continued for several weeks.

Holidays hurt for those who mourn the missing

SNIPPED FROM ARTICLE

More than ten years ago, 58-year-old Barbara Blount disappeared from her home on Highway 1036 in Holden. Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Deputies found pots and pans stacked on her kitchen floor and her 2006 Toyota Camry abandoned on a gravel hunting club road in the woods a quarter-mile from her home.
#

Real Life Real Crime has a podcast on Mrs. Blount's disappearance. I just started listening. Such a mystery and a tragedy

She looks like a sweet lady. I hope answers are coming for her family soon, despite how long it's been. I hope there will be justice.
ETA: I bolded a few points below.

Barbara Ann Blount – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Barbara was last heard from at 11:30 a.m. on May 2, 2008, when a neighbor spoke to her via telephone at her residence in the 38800 block of State Highway 1036 in rural Livingston Parish, Louisiana. She said she was cleaning out her kitchen cabinets. She has never been heard from again.

When her nephew checked her house, the front door was wide open, the windows were open and Barbara's phone was lying on the floor with the battery pulled out.

Pots were stacked on the kitchen floor and valuables were left out in plain view; it didn't appear that there had been a robbery.

Her silver four-door 2006 Toyota Camry was found parked in an abandoned about a quarter of a mile from her home at 4:15 p.m. the day of her disappearance. It had been was parked on a dirt logging road on the property of a hunting club, 25 or 30 yards off the main road and out of sight, hidden by trees. There was water on the floor of the vehicle, possibly from the heavy rains that had occurred in the area.

The car keys were half-buried in the gravel about 20 yards from the car.

A witness reported having seen a woman matching Barbara's description standing outside Barbara's car that day, wearing a tank top, pinstriped shorts and purple Crocs. There was a Caucasian man standing near her, and a late model white pickup truck was parked nearby. The witness was so troubled by the frightened expression on Barbara's face that he called Crime Stoppers.

Barbara is a widow and lived alone at the time of her disappearance, but she kept in regular touch with her relatives and her disappearance is out of character.

Her two children lived on the same road as herself, and she still cooked dinner for them every day, as well as driving her sister to medical appointments. She lived quietly and was active in her local Baptist church.

She is described as a cautious individual who didn't open her door to strangers and carried a gun when she went outside to milk the cows.

Her credit cards haven't been used since she went missing. Investigators believe she was taken against her will.

There's a theory that her disappearance is related to the June 2004 death of her husband, 55-year-old Henry Euel "Junior" Blout Jr. He had died when he was struck by a train while driving a gasoline tanker truck over the tracks. Two railroad employees were also killed in the accident, and members of the locomotive union blamed Junior for it and said the two railroad employees had been "murdered." It's unclear whether the accident is tied to Barbara's disappearance almost four years later, however.

Foul play is suspected in Barbara's disappearance, but little evidence is available in her case. It remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office 225-938-4323

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23