868 users online (116 members and 752 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lost parot gives name and address

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught -- recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.
    Lost in Tokyo, Yosuke the parrot was able to give his name and address to get taken home.

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.
    He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

This made me laugh out loud, too cute.

How cute is that???

My friend has birds like this... They say Hello and Bye Bye!!

They also mimic her yelling at her dog.... "shush Merry!"

I had a neighbor who had one that mimic'd the phone ringing!

This is the best story I have read in weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    How cute is that???

My friend has birds like this... They say Hello and Bye Bye!!

They also mimic her yelling at her dog.... "shush Merry!"

I had a neighbor who had one that mimic'd the phone ringing!
    That's funny, a friend I used to work with would take her baby to her mother's during the day. Her parot would mimic his crying. She said she would jump up when the baby was gone thinking he was crying and it was the parot.

Cool! What a smart parrot!

I need to teach my parrots there name and address. What a good idea and it paid off!
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

African Greys are one of the best talkers, as are Double Yellowhead Amazons. We've had quite a few talkers in the past, but now only have a Senegal and Lovebird. The Senegal will call our dogs by name and squeal like a guinea pig. We keep his wings trimmed. He doesn't have the mentality to learn his address like an African Grey.

Cute story!
    Last edited by kahskye; 05-21-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
    African Greys are one of the best talkers, as are Double Yellowhead Amazons. We've had quite a few talkers in the past, but now only have a Senegal and Lovebird. The Senegal will call our dogs by name and squeal like a guinea pig. We keep his wings trimmed. He doesn't have the mentality to learn his address like and African Grey.

Cute story!
    My bird is no talker either, but he mimics my daughter perfectly. During an arguement, she'll yell something like "Jeesh, you are so STUPID, I hate you!" and whatever voice inflection she has used, the bird will not use the words, but the inflection, exactly. It's so hilarious that Donna can't hide her smirk when she's trying to stay mad. :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    My bird is no talker either, but he mimics my daughter perfectly. During an arguement, she'll yell something like "Jeesh, you are so STUPID, I hate you!" and whatever voice inflection she has used, the bird will not use the words, but the inflection, exactly. It's so hilarious that Donna can't hide her smirk when she's trying to stay mad. :-)
    Yeah, mine doesn't pronounce every word either. It is funny to hear him call our westie, Ninja. He'll yell "inja, inja!" He leaves off the first letter to alot of words. He can stop doing the imitation of our terrier's squeaky toy. That one is irritating.

Too cute! My husband's aunt has a bird that talks, cusses actually, but Im not sure what kind it is. It has learned lots of lovely language from her teenage kids. Its to the point now as to where if the phone rings he says "who the f@ck is it?" after she picks up the phone. Its embarassed her a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    Too cute! My husband's aunt has a bird that talks, cusses actually, but Im not sure what kind it is. It has learned lots of lovely language from her teenage kids. Its to the point now as to where if the phone rings he says "who the f@ck is it?" after she picks up the phone. Its embarassed her a few times
    I've spent five years trying to get our bird to say "Here Kitty Kitty" to no avail. He whistles Funky Town and the Gator Fight Song, but nothing *I* try to teach him.

I did once teach a bird to sucessfully say "Shut up Casey" but that was only because I was too lazy to throw water on the dog when it barked outside at night. It was the only thing I ever taught a bird myself, and it wasn't on purpose, or wanted!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

lol! They are stubborn little stinkers arent they. I think this one got such a response he has continued on. I know for a while she was trying to get him to say their names but he just stuck with cuss words

Awwww this is the greatest story!! Love it!!

Years ago in my early 20s, I used to lay in my backyard (which on the corner meant I was beside the street) in my little red string bikini. I would hear a loud "wolf whistle" now and then coming from the large house across the street. As the days wore on...it began to get irritating and somewhat frightening. I knew they had a younger son and I thought it was surely him. I finally went over to talk to the parents.

It turned out it was their bird!!! He loved seeing my red bathing suit, I guess! We all had a great laugh. They put him inside during tanning hours so I could sunbathe without his constant attention. LMAO
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Awwww this is the greatest story!! Love it!!

Years ago in my early 20s, I used to lay in my backyard (which on the corner meant I was beside the street) in my little red string bikini. I would hear a loud "wolf whistle" now and then coming from the large house across the street. As the days wore on...it began to get irritating and somewhat frightening. I knew they had a younger son and I thought it was surely him. I finally went over to talk to the parents.

It turned out it was their bird!!! He loved seeing my red bathing suit, I guess! We all had a great laugh. They put him inside during tanning hours so I could sunbathe without his constant attention. LMAO
    That's funny. There is a cockatil (SP?) at our local hardware store and he does the whistle whenever a girl walks by him. Not men just women, LOL.

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.
    Lol too funny.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I read this on MSN yesterday. I love it. African Grey Parrots are extremely smart birds. I have read that biologist project they have the emotional capacity equivalent to that of a two year old human. They are very sensitive to their environment and very effected by events that take place around them.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast