Lost parot gives name and address

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/21/lost.parrot.ap/index.html

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught -- recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.
art.lost.parrot.ap.jpg
Lost in Tokyo, Yosuke the parrot was able to give his name and address to get taken home.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.
He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

This made me laugh out loud, too cute.

How cute is that???

My friend has birds like this... They say Hello and Bye Bye!!

They also mimic her yelling at her dog.... "shush Merry!"

I had a neighbor who had one that mimic'd the phone ringing!

How cute is that???

My friend has birds like this... They say Hello and Bye Bye!!

They also mimic her yelling at her dog.... "shush Merry!"

I had a neighbor who had one that mimic'd the phone ringing!

That's funny, a friend I used to work with would take her baby to her mother's during the day. Her parot would mimic his crying. She said she would jump up when the baby was gone thinking he was crying and it was the parot.

Cool! What a smart parrot! :clap:

I need to teach my parrots there name and address. What a good idea and it paid off!

African Greys are one of the best talkers, as are Double Yellowhead Amazons. We've had quite a few talkers in the past, but now only have a Senegal and Lovebird. The Senegal will call our dogs by name and squeal like a guinea pig. We keep his wings trimmed. He doesn't have the mentality to learn his address like an African Grey.

Cute story!

African Greys are one of the best talkers, as are Double Yellowhead Amazons. We've had quite a few talkers in the past, but now only have a Senegal and Lovebird. The Senegal will call our dogs by name and squeal like a guinea pig. We keep his wings trimmed. He doesn't have the mentality to learn his address like and African Grey.

Cute story!

My bird is no talker either, but he mimics my daughter perfectly. During an arguement, she'll yell something like "Jeesh, you are so STUPID, I hate you!" and whatever voice inflection she has used, the bird will not use the words, but the inflection, exactly. It's so hilarious that Donna can't hide her smirk when she's trying to stay mad. :)

My bird is no talker either, but he mimics my daughter perfectly. During an arguement, she'll yell something like "Jeesh, you are so STUPID, I hate you!" and whatever voice inflection she has used, the bird will not use the words, but the inflection, exactly. It's so hilarious that Donna can't hide her smirk when she's trying to stay mad. :)

Yeah, mine doesn't pronounce every word either. It is funny to hear him call our westie, Ninja. He'll yell "inja, inja!" He leaves off the first letter to alot of words. He can stop doing the imitation of our terrier's squeaky toy. That one is irritating.

Too cute! My husband's aunt has a bird that talks, cusses actually, but Im not sure what kind it is. It has learned lots of lovely language from her teenage kids. Its to the point now as to where if the phone rings he says "who the f@ck is it?" after she picks up the phone. Its embarassed her a few times :D

Too cute! My husband's aunt has a bird that talks, cusses actually, but Im not sure what kind it is. It has learned lots of lovely language from her teenage kids. Its to the point now as to where if the phone rings he says "who the f@ck is it?" after she picks up the phone. Its embarassed her a few times :D

I've spent five years trying to get our bird to say "Here Kitty Kitty" to no avail. He whistles Funky Town and the Gator Fight Song, but nothing *I* try to teach him.

I did once teach a bird to sucessfully say "Shut up Casey" but that was only because I was too lazy to throw water on the dog when it barked outside at night. It was the only thing I ever taught a bird myself, and it wasn't on purpose, or wanted!

lol! They are stubborn little stinkers arent they. I think this one got such a response he has continued on. I know for a while she was trying to get him to say their names but he just stuck with cuss words :)

Awwww this is the greatest story!! Love it!!

Years ago in my early 20s, I used to lay in my backyard (which on the corner meant I was beside the street) in my little red string bikini. I would hear a loud "wolf whistle" now and then coming from the large house across the street. As the days wore on...it began to get irritating and somewhat frightening. I knew they had a younger son and I thought it was surely him. I finally went over to talk to the parents.

It turned out it was their bird!!! He loved seeing my red bathing suit, I guess! We all had a great laugh. They put him inside during tanning hours so I could sunbathe without his constant attention. LMAO

Awwww this is the greatest story!! Love it!!

Years ago in my early 20s, I used to lay in my backyard (which on the corner meant I was beside the street) in my little red string bikini. I would hear a loud "wolf whistle" now and then coming from the large house across the street. As the days wore on...it began to get irritating and somewhat frightening. I knew they had a younger son and I thought it was surely him. I finally went over to talk to the parents.

It turned out it was their bird!!! He loved seeing my red bathing suit, I guess! We all had a great laugh. They put him inside during tanning hours so I could sunbathe without his constant attention. LMAO

That's funny. There is a cockatil (SP?) at our local hardware store and he does the whistle whenever a girl walks by him. Not men just women, LOL.

I read this on MSN yesterday. I love it. African Grey Parrots are extremely smart birds. I have read that biologist project they have the emotional capacity equivalent to that of a two year old human. They are very sensitive to their environment and very effected by events that take place around them.

On the subject of talking birds, there was another bird that cussed alot and the new owner wasn't happy about it. He figured he'd teach the African Grey a lesson because each time he'd say "Polly want a cracker" the bird would say something totally inappropriate. The guy finally had enough and tossed the bird into the freezer. Eventually, he got to feeling guilty and he went to get the bird out of the freezer. To his surprise, the bird said "Why, thank you!" The guy was expecting cuss words, but the bird was not cussing. He asked the bird "Polly want a cracker?" and the bird said, "Yes, Please." He was astounded and said "I guess you learned your lesson, huh?" The bird replied...."Certainly, but might I ask.... what did the chicken do?"

Many years ago, we had a parakeet that we taught to talk... once they learn they keep picking up words. When we bought Spike, the pet store person also sold us a record of Parker the Parakeet... this was back in the day with record players so when we'd leave, we'd set the record on to repeat... after a few days, Spike learned, "Come up and see me some time!" LOL! After that, we taught him many phrases... the best one (he was our first "kid") was, "I love you, Grandma!" He'd sit on my Mom's shoulder saying this and she'd sit there and giggle...

Awwwww this is awesome!
I have a African Grey....he is a great talker! Phone rings he says hello /
now he sounds just like the phone & yells Larry telephone....when we talk on the phone he really cuts loose talking. He mimics everything he hears.

He speaks in different peoples voices & late at night he will say, time to go night night. At times its real soft in my Grandkids voices & it scares the jeevies out of you.

It makes me want to go buy a bird now. LOL Maybe I could teach him to mimic David Cook. hehehe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back