FL - Lou Pearlman for investment fraud, money laundering, Orange County, 2006

That is awesome! The guy is such a disgusting jerk.

I think old Lou best be watching his backstreet!!! :crazy:

OMgosh, bigbuck, I was eating lunch when I read your comment. Em almost lost her mom!!!!! LOL **choking**

The story is still developing, but I wonder if he'll be going right away? I wonder if any of the boys he was involved with will speak once he's put away? I guess it would be kind of embarrassing for them.

He always gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Didn't he do a reality show several years ago where he was auditioning guys to create a new boy band..he said their was formula to it and he would succeed? I didn' t watch more then a few times. That would hav been better then scams and money laundering.

Didn't he do a reality show several years ago where he was auditioning guys to create a new boy band..he said their was formula to it and he would succeed? I didn' t watch more then a few times. That would hav been better then scams and money laundering.

Yes it was that band O-Town. I think Ashley Parker Angel is the only one still doing much in the limelight. He is on Broadway. I worked with OTown for an NBA All-Star game and they were the biggest dorks who thought they were hot stuff. The girls seemed to love them though. They faded out pretty quickly.

I watched that show, MasterJ. I felt sorry for them because they just weren't that good. Ashley *sigh* was adorable, and even had his own reality show for a while. My dd had a crush on him when she was a teen! lol They did a horrible job performing live though. Lou seemed slimey on the show too!

I watched that show, MasterJ. I felt sorry for them because they just weren't that good. Ashley *sigh* was adorable, and even had his own reality show for a while. My dd had a crush on him when she was a teen! lol They did a horrible job performing live though. Lou seemed slimey on the show too!

Ashley was pretty nice. If I remember correctly, the one who drove us nuts was Erik or Alex or something. Nothing but ego on that guy.

Ashley's girlfriend was awful though. That chick was miserable! By the way, I like your clever title for this thread!

I think I remember Ashley's gf on that show now! On his reality show he and a gf were getting married and she was pregnant. It must have been someone different as she was fairly level-headed.

TMZ made up that headline! lol I wondered if anyone here would get it and almost changed it to something else. :D

http://omg.yahoo.com/boy-band-creator-sentenced-to-25-years-in-prison/news/9263?nc
He pleaded guilty in March to two counts of conspiracy and single counts of money laundering and presenting a false claim in bankruptcy court.
U.S. District Judge G. Kendall Sharp noted that many victims were Pearlman's relatives, friends and retirees in their 70s or 80s who lost everything.
"The sympathy factor just doesn't run very high with the court," Sharp said.
However, the judge said he would reduce Pearlman's sentence by one month for every $1 million returned to investors. It wasn't clear how, or if, investors would ever be compensated.
"I want to say clearly that there's no pot of gold out there," defense attorney Fletcher Peacock said.
Prosecutors allege Pearlman scammed individuals out of an estimated $200 million, and banks out of another $100 million. (more at link)

What a slimeball.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back