1346 users online (317 members and 1029 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Parents Fleeing Home Robbery, Leave 8 YR Old Son Behind

I would hardly call these two "parents." Selfish idiots sounds more like it. Thankfully the little guy wasn't hurt. Can you guys even begin to imagine how scared he was?

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says parents of an 8-year-old boy left their son behind when two armed men burst into the home and killed the family dog.
    Authorities say the boy was not injured, and the suspects fled the house before deputies arrived.
    The same two men tried to rob Kevin Dummett, 35, and Kellin Hahn, 26, twice on Tuesday, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said.
    Hahn and Dummett fled the home, leaving their son asleep in his bedroom, the Palm Beach Post reported.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356858,00.html

These people make me completely SICK!

The Sheriff's Office says a Pitbull-mix dog charged the two suspects. One of them shot and killed the dog. Another family dog survived.

Dummett told police that the robbers apparently wanted drugs or money. Nothing has been reported missing, and no charges have been filed.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    These people make me completely SICK!

The Sheriff's Office says a Pitbull-mix dog charged the two suspects. One of them shot and killed the dog. Another family dog survived.

Dummett told police that the robbers apparently wanted drugs or money. Nothing has been reported missing, and no charges have been filed.
    So, drug house? Great environment for a kid.

I am thinking this was not random!

Great parents this kid has!

We all know that DCF (or whatever its called where they live) will work hard to make sure he gets to stay with these scumbags.

While I definitely think that these two are not the parents of the year and need to be looked at for what is certainly some drug usage/transactions going on, I don't think I can completely fault them for getting out of the house without waking up their son.

If they were able to get out quietly and alert police without waking up and frightening their son and therefore alerting the robbers, why is that so bad?

What if they had gone in to get their son and the suspects saw them and ended up shooting one of them? What if they shot the child?

I certainly don't know for sure that's what these people were thinking (and it probably wasn't), but maybe it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I am thinking this was not random!

Great parents this kid has!

We all know that DCF (or whatever its called where they live) will work hard to make sure he gets to stay with these scumbags.

ROFL even though it's really sad. (I had to read that twice!)

Loving parents think of grabbing their child first.
    I don't think this was random either.
    The parents should loose their parental rights. What idiots.

Let's just say that IF it were ME, I would NOT have left without my child. Especially since they proved they'd use their weapon by killing the dog. Good Grief! It's not much of a stretch of the imagination to realize they wouldn't think twice about killing a child as well.

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_in_Indy View Post
    While I definitely think that these two are not the parents of the year and need to be looked at for what is certainly some drug usage/transactions going on, I don't think I can completely fault them for getting out of the house without waking up their son.

If they were able to get out quietly and alert police without waking up and frightening their son and therefore alerting the robbers, why is that so bad?

What if they had gone in to get their son and the suspects saw them and ended up shooting one of them? What if they shot the child?

I certainly don't know for sure that's what these people were thinking (and it probably wasn't), but maybe it was?
    It's not a chance worth taking...I'd rather be shot then leave my kids alone in a house with anyone carrying a gun.

And just to clarify, I'm not saying that I would do what they did. I'm just trying to think of it in a different light! I'm not trying to defend them, just wondering if maybe they weren't just fleeing without a second thought for the kid.

That's just it Jen--parents who love their children are their children's protectors. They protect without even thinking about it.

I don't know the circumstances here exactly. There have been other members of a family who have escaped to get help and we haven't attacked them. I want to know more of why they left him and what they thought they were going to accomplish by doing so. Were they just saving their own necks or did they believe they were going to get help to save their child? By not drawing attention to him, they may have very well saved his life.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_in_Indy View Post

I cannot, as a parent understand leaving your child. They would have had to shoot me first. I promise their DNA would have been found under my nails.

I didn't think you were sticking up for them or saying you would do the same thing Jen, I hope my response didn't seem like I thought that.

I think the only way I would feel okay with that situation is if they thought that running away would cause the robbers to chase them therefore leading them away from where their son was. In this case though they say that they thought they were there for drugs or money which would probably be in the house... why would someone assume that robbers came to their house looking for drugs? I'd never assume that...unless I actually did have drugs or at the very least associated with people with drugs.

I'm not attacking SeriouslySearching.
    MY first thought would be to get my child first, no matter what.
    No way I'd leave my child in a house with ****s who had guns.
    I want to know:
    Did these parents look at each other and say, " let's get the hell outta here?" Or did they say "let's get help?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast