Parents Fleeing Home Robbery, Leave 8 YR Old Son Behind

White Rain

Reaction score
:furious: I would hardly call these two "parents." Selfish idiots sounds more like it. Thankfully the little guy wasn't hurt. Can you guys even begin to imagine how scared he was?

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says parents of an 8-year-old boy left their son behind when two armed men burst into the home and killed the family dog.
Authorities say the boy was not injured, and the suspects fled the house before deputies arrived.
The same two men tried to rob Kevin Dummett, 35, and Kellin Hahn, 26, twice on Tuesday, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said.
Hahn and Dummett fled the home, leaving their son asleep in his bedroom, the Palm Beach Post reported.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356858,00.html

These people make me completely SICK!

The Sheriff's Office says a Pitbull-mix dog charged the two suspects. One of them shot and killed the dog. Another family dog survived.

Dummett told police that the robbers apparently wanted drugs or money. Nothing has been reported missing, and no charges have been filed.

These people make me completely SICK!

The Sheriff's Office says a Pitbull-mix dog charged the two suspects. One of them shot and killed the dog. Another family dog survived.

Dummett told police that the robbers apparently wanted drugs or money. Nothing has been reported missing, and no charges have been filed.

So, drug house? Great environment for a kid.

I am thinking this was not random!

Great parents this kid has!

We all know that DCF (or whatever its called where they live) will work hard to make sure he gets to stay with these scumbags.

While I definitely think that these two are not the parents of the year and need to be looked at for what is certainly some drug usage/transactions going on, I don't think I can completely fault them for getting out of the house without waking up their son.

If they were able to get out quietly and alert police without waking up and frightening their son and therefore alerting the robbers, why is that so bad?

What if they had gone in to get their son and the suspects saw them and ended up shooting one of them? What if they shot the child?

I certainly don't know for sure that's what these people were thinking (and it probably wasn't), but maybe it was?

We all know that DCF (or whatever its called where they live) will work hard to make sure he gets to stay with these scumbags.

ROFL even though it's really sad. (I had to read that twice!)

Loving parents think of grabbing their child first.
I don't think this was random either.
The parents should loose their parental rights. What idiots.

Let's just say that IF it were ME, I would NOT have left without my child. Especially since they proved they'd use their weapon by killing the dog. Good Grief! It's not much of a stretch of the imagination to realize they wouldn't think twice about killing a child as well.

JMHO
fran

While I definitely think that these two are not the parents of the year and need to be looked at for what is certainly some drug usage/transactions going on, I don't think I can completely fault them for getting out of the house without waking up their son.

If they were able to get out quietly and alert police without waking up and frightening their son and therefore alerting the robbers, why is that so bad?

What if they had gone in to get their son and the suspects saw them and ended up shooting one of them? What if they shot the child?

I certainly don't know for sure that's what these people were thinking (and it probably wasn't), but maybe it was?

It's not a chance worth taking...I'd rather be shot then leave my kids alone in a house with anyone carrying a gun.

And just to clarify, I'm not saying that I would do what they did. I'm just trying to think of it in a different light! I'm not trying to defend them, just wondering if maybe they weren't just fleeing without a second thought for the kid.

That's just it Jen--parents who love their children are their children's protectors. They protect without even thinking about it.

I don't know the circumstances here exactly. There have been other members of a family who have escaped to get help and we haven't attacked them. I want to know more of why they left him and what they thought they were going to accomplish by doing so. Were they just saving their own necks or did they believe they were going to get help to save their child? By not drawing attention to him, they may have very well saved his life.

I cannot, as a parent understand leaving your child. They would have had to shoot me first. I promise their DNA would have been found under my nails.

I didn't think you were sticking up for them or saying you would do the same thing Jen, I hope my response didn't seem like I thought that.

I think the only way I would feel okay with that situation is if they thought that running away would cause the robbers to chase them therefore leading them away from where their son was. In this case though they say that they thought they were there for drugs or money which would probably be in the house... why would someone assume that robbers came to their house looking for drugs? I'd never assume that...unless I actually did have drugs or at the very least associated with people with drugs.

I'm not attacking SeriouslySearching.
MY first thought would be to get my child first, no matter what.
No way I'd leave my child in a house with thugs who had guns.
I want to know:
Did these parents look at each other and say, " let's get the hell outta here?" Or did they say "let's get help?"

Poor kid. I could never in a million years leave my child behind.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flphomeinvasion0521pnmay21,0,768420.story

The couple, Kevin Dummett and Kellin Hahn, didn't bother calling the Sheriff's Office until the same men came back six hours later and shot the couple's pit bull-mix dog, investigators said.

This time, Dummett, 35, and Hahn, 26, ran out of their home in the 5900 block of Gun Club Road, west of West Palm Beach, leaving Hahn's sleeping son, 8, behind.

Sheriff's deputies found the child unharmed minutes later. But the robbers were gone.
Dummett has an arrest record dating back to 1992, including charges for burglary, vehicle theft, and aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, state records show.

I couldn't have said it better myself Amraan! What a couple of loser parents these two are and you can just bet he will still be living with them in their drug house.:furious:

This story is sooooooo fishy . . .

http://www.cbs12.com/news/div_4707793___article.html/leave_boy.html

Dummett says the two armed men first approached him just after midnight as he was working on his car in the driveway. He claims they forced him into the house, robbed them cash and prescription painkillers then took off.

But the couple didn't report the first break in.

"I had no description. I couldn't see what they looked like. I still don't know what they look like."said Kevin Dummett.

The couple told investigators the men returned six hours later, burst through the back of the house and shot their dog to death.

CBS 12 asked them why they didn't try to grab the boy from his bedroom before escaping themselves.

"They had no reason to go in there. I knew they wouldn't go in there. I felt confident leaving him there knowing that all they wanted was what they came for."said Dummett

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back