Drew Peterson to Surrender on Gun Charge

Class-z

Do Something, Lead, follow or get out of the way.
Reaction score
Just got the news flash, but no info? What have I missed? Sorry, www.foxnews.com

Hey, anything that gets him close to jail or prison is fine with me.

Hey, anything that gets him close to jail or prison is fine with me.

His latest defense on the gun is, it's illegale for citizens to have, but not law enforcement.

Now, will he slide because he WAS law enforcement, or are they harassing because he's not anymore? Didn't they take this during the search? If so, he was still on the force then, yes?

Oh the tangled web we weave................................

He'll be posting bond and back at his home later today (according to his attorney, anyway) --- just heard on FNC.

LOL, after all that posturing by DP and Brodsky the past few days about the 'other website' deleting their blog forum, now he has to see his name in headlines, AND they're sure to add The former Bolingbrook, Ill., police sergeant and prime suspect in his fourth wife Stacy's disappearance turned himself in Wednesday to Illinois State Police.

LOL, gotta love it! A warrant for his arrest!:eek:

The Heat Is On!

JMHO
fran

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356926,00.html

Drew Peterson has turned himself in to Illinois state authorities on a weapons charge, after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest.

The former Bolingbrook, Ill., police sergeant and prime suspect in his fourth wife Stacy's disappearance turned himself in Wednesday to Illinois State Police.

Just heard that the gun is an assault rifle he was issued by the police department. For some reason he had sawed it of like 5/8 of an inch or so shorter than it was when issued. It is actually one of the guns that was confiscated originally from his home. Tomorrow the judge was supposed to release the guns to DP's son. JB is calling this harrassment and a way to keep the guns longer. I understand civil rights, but at this point I think that now that they have him in custody they may be able to ask him a few questions! He has refused to answer anything. He probably still wont' as JB will object. I think it's just a matter of time before there is a break in this, and I for one say to the ISP "Keep up the good work"

I couldn't believe reading the story that Drew was arrested due to his "itty, bitty gun." LOL!

I've got the tv on and channel surfing - CNN Headline News has been covering this. The commentator asked someone there in Bolingbrook what the penalty for a weapons charge could be. The reporter there went through the penalties and said the minimum is a jail sentence of a few months up to a maximum of 3 - 7 years in prison!

I bet Nancy Grace and Greta will be covering this today.

Please can there be just 1 pic of him in handcuffs? It would really make my day :)

VB

WOOHOOO!!! FINALLY! Not an arrest for the things we feel he should be arrested for...but I think it means they are moving forward on him and I am absolutely delighted!!

Yes, a cuffs photo would be the photo to have or one behind bars!! I would frame it. :)

We can look forward to seeing his mug shot tho!! Woohooooo!!!

The weapon:

peterson-weapon-photo.jpg

WTH is he doing with something like that anyway?! Are average citizens allowed to have that laying around their home?!

What's the point of sawing off a small piece anyway?

"The charge alleges that the defendant "knowingly possessed a rifle, namely a Colt model Sporter Lightweight, 223 Remington rifle, Serial #SL025365 with attached EOTech electronic sight, with a barrel less than 16 inches in length" in violation of state law, according to a release from the Will County State's Attorney's Office."

"Brodsky said the weapon in question is an AR-15 semiautomatic assault rifle that Peterson used while he was a police sergeant."

Here is my take on this after listening to Susan Filan on MSNBC and contrary to what Brodsky and Peterson say: "Peterson claimed he legally owned the weapon as an officer, and the law only pertains to civilians."

I think that the law does not just pertain to civilians. Therefore, the fact that the rifle was taken in a search warrant on November 1st, before Peterson retired, still does not make his ownership of it, legal.

Anyhow, that's my take.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back