WI - Mother leaves 5yr old to care for tot

@homemommy

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is my first time posting although I've been lurking for a long time. I hope I'm doing this right, if not someone please point me in the right direction. Found this article today & it just sickens me how some people treat the most precious things on this earth. I have 4year old twin boys & a 7month old little boy and can't imagine doing the things I hear on this site every day. Ughh it's too much. This is not someone you call a mom. I get tears every time I hear of a story like this. Here's the link to the article.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=8356809

Welcome out of lurkdom, homemommy. You should post more often-you did just fine!

Going to read your link.

Those poor kids! Kudos to the neighbor who reported this. No one should have to live this way with such a poor excuse for a parent.

Welcome to WS, @Homemommy! (Cute nickname!)

Thanks for posting that story. It goes to show that idiots should not raise children! No one in their right mind would leave a five year old to babysit or to be alone to begin with!! Accidents happen every day and so do a host of other dangers. It is sickening.

Oh, that is really sad. I'm glad the kids were OK when they were found.

Welcome to posting, I hope we see more of you now! :)

Jeesh. I must be hardened because this doesn't surprise me one bit. I have heard stories like this far too often in my short lifetime.

You did great @homemommy. I hope this woman gets the whole seven years. What a selfish b.

Welcome @homemommy...so sad that your first post here had to be about something so sad...
My heart breaks for these poor kids...God I can't even bear to think of it.

I can top that homemommy...how about leaving a 3 year old to care for twin 2 year olds?? Outrageous, yes? It is a sad, sad world.

Your first posting is a keeper!!

Welcome @homemommy. Ya done good with your post. Glad to see you here.

Jodie Podobnik must know some after hours bars if she was up and missing for 48 hours to go to a bar. Two days in a bar?

The saddest part of that story for me is the poor lil one was trying to make cookies.

Jodie's Details Status:Single
Here for:Friends
Orientation:Straight
Hometown:Green Bay
Body type:5' 1"
Ethnicity:White / Caucasian
Religion:Catholic
Smoke / Drink:Yes / Yes
Children:Proud parent
Education:Some college

CNA She was a Nursing Assistant!! & A Proud Mother!!!
I have nothing more to say...It is just so sad for these babies.. I am with the other post ..it broke my heart that that little girl was more mature than her mom..trying to make cookies.

Thanks to all for the welcome here. I'm here way too much as most of you but finally felt like joining in on posting. Have my hands full most days but this is my me time late when the boys are sleeping. Thanks again!!

Geez, my kids are 16 and 12 and I haven't left them with the baby at all!

My heart breaks for the little girl, trying her hardest to make cookies. I'm glad the kids are in protective custody, eating well, wearing clean clothes, and living in a sanitary environment. It would be nice if someone gave those kids a chance and let them be adopted out, rather than returned to their drunken idiot of a mother.

Glad you started posting, @homemommy!

Geez, and here I was thinking no way is DD, who will be 10 years older than her lil' bro, going to babysit him for a few years yet. Silly me.

Welcome @homemommy-

I just do not understand some of the young people that are having children. There are just too many stories like this. What has happened to this generation.

I tried to keep an open mind before I read the story. Maybe she has to work, no money for daycare, etc. Then I read she was at a bar!! I have no words... The part about the little girl trying to make cookies was the toughest to read. Hoping for a good outcome for the little ones, and years in jail for that incredibly selfish "mother".

Welcome to websleuths. This is a despicable person who should not hold the title mother. I hope these kids get loving caring homes and this monster never has kids again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back