1074 users online (177 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

Baldy's Blog - a man's story of leukaemia

I have read Adrian's blog for some time and noticed today it was featured on msn.com. Adrian was diagnosed with two forms of leukaemia about a year and a half ago. His words are an inspiration and his courage is almost incomprehensible. Unfortunately Adrian was hit with more bad news this week. To see such a good looking, smart, funny, promising man be taken down by this disease is heart-breaking yet the way he has dealt with it is uplifting and so honest.
    Obviously you can go to his archives and start at the beginning and follow his story up through the present.

http://baldyblog.freshblogs.co.uk/

I debated between putting this here or in the Jury Room but decided since it was indeed on the news then it qualifies. Please move if needed.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    gaia,

Could not read every blog, started crying. What a horrible disease and what an amazing young man he is. Honestly I couldn't read any more after him and Poppy broke up.
    His strength shows through all of it ... and he is still trying to educate people about bone marrow. My prayers are with him.

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

Oh gosh, his latest entry that he has only weeks or months to live is heartbreaking. It's too bad "Poppy" couldn't hold on a few more months, although I guess she didn't know at the time he was at this point.

I have to pass on this one. I just followed the blog of my own dear friend who lost his battle with Leukemia in November. Bless this man and all those who are touched by cancer.

he died
    OCCAM'S RAZOR : "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

Unhappy

I've had leukemia and sometimes the treatment feels as bad as the disease. God bless him. He's no longer in pain.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Oh no. I knew it would happen but it is still so sad that such a young, vibrant, intelligent, creative person is gone. It effects me so much because I have a great fear of dying young and not being able to do all the things I wanted to. Adrian's strength and character is truly inspiring. May he rest in peace. He did great things during his last few months alive.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi