South Burlington Man Killed in Crash on 189

vermontn03

Former Member
Reaction score
South Burlington Man Killed in Crash on 1-89

South Burlington, Vermont - May 22, 2008
A rollover in South Burlington left one man dead.
It happened on Interstate 189 near the U-turn around 10:30 a.m. Thursday. Mathias Hoose, 57, drove into the median on the left-hand side of the highway and passed a vehicle. Police say he then over-corrected, crossed two lanes of highway, drove off the opposite side of the road, and then rolled his SUV end over end.

8365382_BG1.jpg

8365382_BG2.jpg

8365382_BG3.jpg

here is the link
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8365382

Poor guy didn't have much protection driving a VW did he?
He definitely wasn't thinking clearly if he passed a car using the median for the passing lane.
May he rest in peace.

We have no way of knowing if he would have survived ot not, but the story says he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and he flew 25 feet from where the car did through the driver's window.

I've seen vehicles in much worse condition after a crash and seat belts have saved lives.
What a scary way to die. I know he made a bad judgement and did put others in danger, but I do feel bad for him. Unless he was drink driving that is. It didn't say he was, I'm just saying if.

We have no way of knowing if he would have survived ot not, but the story says he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and he flew 25 feet from where the car did through the driver's window.

I've seen vehicles in much worse condition after a crash and seat belts have saved lives.
What a scary way to die. I know he made a bad judgement and did put others in danger, but I do feel bad for him. Unless he was drink driving that is. It didn't say he was, I'm just saying if.

Poor guy! Accidents like this seem to happen everyday somewhere. Maybe the mods should start an accident thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back