Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Shawn Hornbeck Foundation shut down

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    924

    Shawn Hornbeck Foundation shut down

    http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=8360329

    Associated Press - May 21, 2008 3:34 PM ET
    ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Shawn Hornbeck Foundation is closed down by the state for failing to file its annual report last year.
    A spokesman for the Missouri Secretary of State's office says the foundation has not been licensed since late December.

    more at link...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,394
    Quote Originally Posted by c2cd208 View Post
    http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=8360329

    Associated Press - May 21, 2008 3:34 PM ET
    ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Shawn Hornbeck Foundation is closed down by the state for failing to file its annual report last year.
    A spokesman for the Missouri Secretary of State's office says the foundation has not been licensed since late December.

    more at link...
    I wouldn't jump up and down and get all excited over this just yet. They could certain file the correct paperwork and get back on their feet if they choose.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,939
    Or they may just want it to rest. The case has gone on with convictions and maybe this is best for Shawn. The foundation was set up before Shawn was found so I would think there are other priorities right now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    924
    It stated they failed to file last year I am thinking they were so excited about Shawn coming home it could have been put on the back burner. I have faith they will get the status back, the article states they will be re-instated when they get the filings in.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,394
    This just some times happens with non-profits. Jeez the paperwork is a nightmare.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Orange County
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    This just some times happens with non-profits. Jeez the paperwork is a nightmare.
    I work for someone who is on the board of what seems to be a gazillion and two non-profits. It just took me EIGHT weeks to get something re-certified in Nevada. I even had "step by step instructions" from two different customer service people....they gave instructions, just on the wrong form.

    It is a nightmare

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    265
    The Akers said the foundation immediately began work on the necessary paperwork when they learned what had not been filed, and they will seek reinstatement as soon as possible.
    "We regret having missed the deadline for the filing of this report, and will take the steps necessary to improve our administrative accountability," Akers said.
    http://www.bnd.com/430/story/348152.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,451
    I know if I got my son back after so many years I wouldn't want to do anything but hang out with him.

  9. #9
    Awww well it happens. They will get it back up and running. How embarrassing tho.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I know if I got my son back after so many years I wouldn't want to do anything but hang out with him.
    True...but being he is a teenager...not sure he would agree with that as much. I imagine they have had a difficult time letting him have his space now. I know I would be hovering constantly and driving him crazy!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,394
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Awww well it happens. They will get it back up and running. How embarrassing tho.
    It happens more frequently than you would think. This one got publicly reported because of the sensationalism of the story tied to the foundation. Honestly, I wish this story wasn't reported ... if they're doing good work, there was no need for them to take this kind of hit to their reputation just so a reporter can have a hot byline.

  12. #12
    I have to agree. It is sad they chose to report it. Then again, maybe someone will see they are having a bit of trouble and offer to come help out. Silver lining?!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,187
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I have to agree. It is sad they chose to report it. Then again, maybe someone will see they are having a bit of trouble and offer to come help out. Silver lining?!
    Ditto SS!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •