5 students injured in bus accident

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-bus-crash_web_24may24,0,3961117.story

Five elementary school children were injured Friday afternoon in Salem, Wis., when their school bus was rear-ended by a semitrailer truck, Kenosha County sheriff's officials said.

A medical helicopter transported one child to a hospital, according to a statement by Sgt. Gilbert Benn, a sheriff's spokesman. He did not immediately provide information on the severity of the injuries.

I always panic a little when my daughter's bus is a few minutes late dropping her off. I'm terrified of something like this happening. My heart goes out to the parents and kids.

This sounds HORRIBLE!

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

The Kenosha County Sheriff's Department says five children were hurt in the wreck -- one boy, who may have been exiting the bus at the time, was thrown a short distance. Officials cannot confirm the extent of the injuries. Multiple medical helicopters are on the way to the scene.

Monitor MyFoxMilwaukee.com and FOX 6 News for the latest on this developing story.

There's a live feed at the link above ... there's a great deal of damage to the front of the semi. I can't even begin to imagine the force of the accident and what happened inside that bus.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-bus-crash_web_24may24,0,3961117.story

Five elementary school children were injured Friday afternoon in Salem, Wis., when their school bus was rear-ended by a semitrailer truck, Kenosha County sheriff's officials said.

A medical helicopter transported one child to a hospital, according to a statement by Sgt. Gilbert Benn, a sheriff's spokesman. He did not immediately provide information on the severity of the injuries.
Probably lucky they were in a bus. We had 3 little ones killed on our freeway last May when a tractor trailer rear ended them.
Scary business.

This sounds HORRIBLE!

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

The Kenosha County Sheriff's Department says five children were hurt in the wreck -- one boy, who may have been exiting the bus at the time, was thrown a short distance. Officials cannot confirm the extent of the injuries. Multiple medical helicopters are on the way to the scene.

Monitor MyFoxMilwaukee.com and FOX 6 News for the latest on this developing story.

Thanks for the link golfmom and prayers going out to all involved. It is always extra bad when kids are involved.

Probably lucky they were in a bus. We had 3 little ones killed on our freeway last May when a tractor trailer rear ended them.
Scary business.

I just told one of my girls about this and she said that she heard a lot of chatter over the bus radio about "innocent children", but couldn't make out what it was about. Once she I told her what happened ... it all fell into place. :(

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/school.bus.crash.2.731640.html

Eighteen people were injured, and the two most seriously injured were airlifted from the scene, according to Lt. Paul Falduto of the Kenosha County Sheriff's Dept.

CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports every person involved in the accident was injured in some way. A total of 18 people were hurt – 16 children on board the bus, the bus driver and the truck driver.

The force of the impact pushed the bus some 150 feet along the road and into the median, where it came to rest, completely turned around.

The 18-wheel semi truck appears to have slammed into the full school bus from behind as it was stopped near a driveway. One of the most seriously injured children was trying to get off the bus in front of his home when the crash occurred. He was thrown into the street and had to be taken by medical helicopter to a local hospital. The other victims were taken to four other hospitals.

school%20bus%20crash1.jpg_20080523_22_45_37_317-0-0.imageContent

Prayers to everyone!This is horrible.Everyday I put my children on the bus with a little prayer.

Back in 2006 in the next county over from me there was an awful accident involving a pickup truck and a bus.The truck was speeding down the highway was passing another car or something over corrected and hit the bus full of children.Bus and truck were on fire.The bus driver and another child helped get the children off the bus safely.No one on the bus was killed thank goodness but I believe 1 or 2 of the men in the pick up died.

Sadly, this does not surprise me. I was on a major interstate hwy and these truckers think they own the road. I can't tell you how many times they changed lanes without signalling or even looking.
Prayers for these innocent children and their families.

PH2008052400691.jpg

From the news reports it doesn't sound like the trucker even hit his brakes. The speed limit is 55 mph and it just is such a blessing that there were no fatalities.

And this is why I drive my kids to and from school. I know an accident could happen anytime, but I just feel more comfortable having them with me BELTED in.

We had a horrible crash yesterday that took the lives of 3 children from one family. At least 2 of the children were not belted in. Witnesses saw the little boy ejected from the vehicle and were horrified.

Five Killed in Six Vehicle Collision in South L.A.
Los Angeles -- A van ran a red light and hit another van Monday, causing a fiery six-vehicle collision that killed five people and sent several others to the hospital in critical condition.
snip

A 12-year-old boy was ejected from a vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, Smith said. Two other victims of the accident, in the Hyde Park neighborhood of South Los Angeles, were found burned beyond recognition inside a vehicle

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/...=13&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back