Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Dateline Needs Your Stories

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    "The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola
    Posts
    15,414

    Dateline Needs Your Stories

    Dateline is ALWAYS looking for stories. True Crime/Cold Case stories just like we have on Websleuths.

    Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

    His email is: Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

    Don't be shy. One of our members told Dateline about the Barbara Winn case and it was featured on Dateline May Friday May 23rd. Read about the case here; http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Barbara+Winn
    `````````````````

    JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

    FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE



    Join Websleuths on Twitter

    Follow websleuths on Twitter

    And Face Book of course
     | 





    ************************************************** **************************************

    Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    469
    I have been emailing Daniel periodically with case suggestions.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimeSolver For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    What about the fact that in WA state there are no laws preventing sex offenders from working near a school. Only prevents where they live.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenniferi For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,450
    I know of a case that may be widely viewed or even read about should an author of reknown wish to take it on. The only book done on this case did not receive a good review, because quite frankly he spent far too much time on the court proceedings the appeals, etc. the fine line of the various legalities, rather then her background information or details of the crime itself.

    It was one of the first cases I suppose that the Federal Govt. decided to prosecute for a murder linked to mail fraud in Baltimore, using various techniques we hear about with Mafiaoso types of cases I suppose.

    The story of a tiny 5 ft. tall woman, who was widely regarded in her youth as a kind of icon herself, who turned out later to be addicted to gambling and murdered for this reason to sustain her addiction.

    Married several times, all of which she ruined by her addiction to gambling.
    Her own father had been murdered on the rough streets of Baltimore and he himself, was a recreational gambler.
    She had no mother that she knew or who loved her , however the author didn't even go into the real details of her background.

    I knew her personally, growing up with her and could add some small amounts of info regarding her half sister, where they lived and how "little Nancy" must have been terribly wounded by this rebuke by her own biological mother so that her father alone raised her, best he could.
    He (from everything I could recall) was a wonderful dad, perhaps as most back in the 1960s, went out of his way to try and be both mom and dad to this young girl, who he raised as an only child.

    Here is the background info. of the Little Nancy story should any author wish to take it on.
    I did a long time ago, try to reach two authors, one Ann Rule the other via FB Aprhodite Jones? , but no response from either party. Perhaps they are too rich now.

    I heard through the grapevine that a 48Hrs. Reporter was taking notes during the trial from another old friend who attended every hearing.

    There is so much to this story that has not been touched upon or revealed, a tragedy for certain, with many victims, not the least her two very much loved daughters .

    I'd be happy to speak of the wonderful memories I have of both Nancy and her dad if any author is interested, as well, I could recommend her other childhood friends do the same, to cooperate with a more fully told story then heretofor has been written. Sometimes, it is "in the details" that the story needs to be told and thus far they are all missed.

    http://www.justice.gov/usao/md/Publi...eftScheme.html

    This is the book I would have to agree, did not do service to her background or story:
    http://truecrimebookreviews.com/2010...e-book-review/



    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031701482.html


    My Notes:

    Appeal in 2010 DENIED:
    http://pacer.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinion.pdf/094413.U.pdf
    Last edited by Leomoon80; 02-12-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

    Wikipedia

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8

    Triple Homicide in AL, shooter had AK-47.

    Since I cannot post a thread anywhere else due to lack of privileges, I thought that I would post it here.

    This morning I read about a triple homicide that ended up in a gun battle with police in Alabama. The shooter was killed but not before an officer was shot, he was in critical condition at the time of the article. See article here.

    So I googled the character, "Romero Roberto Moya" and found this article about he and his buddy caught dealing cocaine about 1 and 1/2 years prior. They were also carrying a hand gun. This almost certainly the same guy as the two articles mention two towns that are less than 10 miles apart.

    How is it that these two, busted dealing a Kilo of cocaine and twelve grams of "ICE" (crystal methamphetamine, aka "Meth") and carrying a hand gun are walking around less than 1 and 1/2 years later to do a triple murder with an AK-47 and have a shoot out with police?

    Something is very wrong here!
    Last edited by hsmith_mi; 12-16-2012 at 09:10 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to hsmith_mi For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Leomoon80 View Post
    I know of a case that may be widely viewed or even read about should an author of reknown wish to take it on. The only book done on this case did not receive a good review, because quite frankly he spent far too much time on the court proceedings the appeals, etc. the fine line of the various legalities, rather then her background information or details of the crime itself.

    It was one of the first cases I suppose that the Federal Govt. decided to prosecute for a murder linked to mail fraud in Baltimore, using various techniques we hear about with Mafiaoso types of cases I suppose.

    The story of a tiny 5 ft. tall woman, who was widely regarded in her youth as a kind of icon herself, who turned out later to be addicted to gambling and murdered for this reason to sustain her addiction.

    Married several times, all of which she ruined by her addiction to gambling.
    Her own father had been murdered on the rough streets of Baltimore and he himself, was a recreational gambler.
    She had no mother that she knew or who loved her , however the author didn't even go into the real details of her background.

    I knew her personally, growing up with her and could add some small amounts of info regarding her half sister, where they lived and how "little Nancy" must have been terribly wounded by this rebuke by her own biological mother so that her father alone raised her, best he could.
    He (from everything I could recall) was a wonderful dad, perhaps as most back in the 1960s, went out of his way to try and be both mom and dad to this young girl, who he raised as an only child.

    Here is the background info. of the Little Nancy story should any author wish to take it on.
    I did a long time ago, try to reach two authors, one Ann Rule the other via FB Aprhodite Jones? , but no response from either party. Perhaps they are too rich now.

    I heard through the grapevine that a 48Hrs. Reporter was taking notes during the trial from another old friend who attended every hearing.

    There is so much to this story that has not been touched upon or revealed, a tragedy for certain, with many victims, not the least her two very much loved daughters .

    I'd be happy to speak of the wonderful memories I have of both Nancy and her dad if any author is interested, as well, I could recommend her other childhood friends do the same, to cooperate with a more fully told story then heretofor has been written. Sometimes, it is "in the details" that the story needs to be told and thus far they are all missed.

    http://www.justice.gov/usao/md/Publi...eftScheme.html

    This is the book I would have to agree, did not do service to her background or story:
    http://truecrimebookreviews.com/2010...e-book-review/



    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031701482.html


    My Notes:

    Appeal in 2010 DENIED:
    http://pacer.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinion.pdf/094413.U.pdf
    Looks like I wrote this post almost 2 yrs ago, but never heard anything at all back for my efforts. I did send a lot of info over to the secretary via email at that time, at Dateline, but was disappointed to see they never bothered with this very interesting life story.

    Actually it looks like I still have that NBC email, back & forth in my computer from that long ago.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

    Wikipedia

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bruce, Jon, Whitney, and I have something in common
    Posts
    302
    I have been hoping that someone would profile the unsolved murder of 5-year-old Timothy Wiltsey of South Amboy, NJ. He had disappeared from a carnival in Sayreville, NJ (Jon Bon Jovi's hometown) on May 25, 1991. His skull was found about a year later approximately 10 miles away in an industrial section of Edison, NJ.

    His mother's behavior was bizzare and her stories were inconsistent and alarming. First she said he walked away on his own. Then she said he was kidnapped right in front of her. When a bird-watcher found Timmy's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sneaker that had been featured in the paper, he turned it over to police. The police showed her son's sneaker to her, and she denied it was his. Months later the police and FBI searched the area where the sneaker was found (ONLY because the bird-watcher kept hounding the PD and following up on what was going on) and within minutes they found Timmy's skull.

    The mother's behavior got even more erratic the following year when she claimed that she had been beaten and kidnapped by the FBI and brought to Ohio. There was local talk in NJ that she was dating one of the police officers that was assigned to her son's case and that he was involved in covering up the crime.

    She eventually moved to Florida where I think she gave birth to two more boys and she refuses to talk about her son or seek justice for "the real killer". She has never been charged or answered for why she -- in my opinion -- murdered that precious little 5-year-old boy.

    Here is a link with more info. Please consider profiling this case, as it looks like is has all but faded into obscurity here in NJ.

    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Wiltsey"]Timothy Wiltsey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MadamReporter For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,450
    I read the post about little Timothy. Reminded me of another little boy unsolved case here, named Timothy Fry. So sad. I read on your link above that the mother lied to the FBI making up some wild story years later.

    I hope you get some feedback, as I finally just wrote my own book on my request.

    I will post it on the board after it goes to press later a few weeks from now or sooner.

    Good luck Reporter, I hope you get somewhere and get some action on this case. The other one I requested was actually a "solved" case already so you may indeed get some help with your request. I hope so! There is no expiration date on murder.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

    Wikipedia

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bruce, Jon, Whitney, and I have something in common
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Leomoon80 View Post
    I read the post about little Timothy. Reminded me of another little boy unsolved case here, named Timothy Fry. So sad. I read on your link above that the mother lied to the FBI making up some wild story years later.

    I hope you get some feedback, as I finally just wrote my own book on my request.

    I will post it on the board after it goes to press later a few weeks from now or sooner.

    Good luck Reporter, I hope you get somewhere and get some action on this case. The other one I requested was actually a "solved" case already so you may indeed get some help with your request. I hope so! There is no expiration date on murder.
    Thanks, Leo! For some reason Timothy's story has haunted me all these years ... especially since to even a high schooler reading the story in the newspaper back in 1991 I was POSITIVE his wretched mother killed that precious little boy. I think nowadays the investigation/interrogation would have gone differently and she would have been charged, so I'm hoping to shine a light on it and bring it back into the collective consciousness. This little boy deserves his murderer be brought to justice.

    Was the book you wrote about someone you knew or just a case you became attached to? That's really interesting!

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MadamReporter For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,331
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamReporter View Post
    Thanks, Leo! For some reason Timothy's story has haunted me all these years ... especially since to even a high schooler reading the story in the newspaper back in 1991 I was POSITIVE his wretched mother killed that precious little boy. I think nowadays the investigation/interrogation would have gone differently and she would have been charged, so I'm hoping to shine a light on it and bring it back into the collective consciousness. This little boy deserves his murderer be brought to justice.

    Was the book you wrote about someone you knew or just a case you became attached to? That's really interesting!
    Hey Girl!

    Open a thread on here for him...!

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momrids6 For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamReporter View Post
    Thanks, Leo! For some reason Timothy's story has haunted me all these years ... especially since to even a high schooler reading the story in the newspaper back in 1991 I was POSITIVE his wretched mother killed that precious little boy. I think nowadays the investigation/interrogation would have gone differently and she would have been charged, so I'm hoping to shine a light on it and bring it back into the collective consciousness. This little boy deserves his murderer be brought to justice.

    Was the book you wrote about someone you knew or just a case you became attached to? That's really interesting!
    I grew up with her as a teenager in the 1960s. The working title will be "What Happened to Little Nancy: from living above a bar to behind bars", a True Crime story by D.M.Hoover

    Look for it, or better yet, I'll post the link later on . Thanks.

    I read further on Timothy. There are a few links on the internet. One was from "little angels.net stories". Not sure if I can post here, because it's a forum who posted it. Yuko I think. Mainly it speaks of her arrest for all those wild stories.

    Strange.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

    Wikipedia

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. OH OH - Charlotte Nagi Pollis, 28, Girard, 12 March 1994
    By Melly in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 03:46 PM
  2. 16 or so different stories
    By armywife210 in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 07:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •