818 users online (132 members and 686 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

NV - Gloria Redman, 12, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, 12 March 2008

March 13, 2008

]New details in murder of 12-year-old girl

There are more disturbing details in the killing of a 12-year-old girl. A police report says nothing seemed wrong Wednesday when Gloria Redman stayed home from school, sick, under her father's care.

Her mother left for the store, the father stayed, watching a religious program on television. When she returned, her daughter was dead.

Maryann and Cyril Kasprick arrived Wednesday night to their space cordoned off by crime scene tape. They had no idea what they were coming home to. "Just something that never should've happened," Maryann said. Something they call unbelievable.
    The police report starts about noon Wednesday, when William Redman told a 911 operator his daughter, 12-year-old Gloria Redman, was dead because that was "...the way Jehovah does things." He went on to tell the operator that he had a knife and that he "fell on her with it."

more at link

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?s=8013339

March 14th

Man Claims He Saw God Before Killing Child
    Man Still Hospitalized After Incident

LAS VEGAS -- Shortly before stabbing his 12-year-old daughter to death, William Redman saw "God," according to Redman's arrest report.

Police said Redman, 54, attacked his daughter, Gloria Redman, 12, while his wife went to the store. Gloria had stayed home sick and was watching television with her father, officers said.

Redman told an emergency worker that while watching a religious show he "saw God" just before attacking Gloria. Police said Redman then stabbed his daughter multiple times, including a wound to the throat.

The police report doesn't indicate there was any type of argument that would have caused Redman to become enraged.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/15596686/detail.html

Redman Arrest Report: Contains Graphic Content

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/15588709/detail.html

This is just so heartbreaking ... my prayers go out to the family.

This is tragic. There are 5 other children in this family and it seems the sisters are a bit older than Gloria, not sure about the 3 brothers.

So, so sad,

Salem

I hope he gets to see his G_d again soon to explain himself.

i don't see him as useful member of society.

that poor, poor child.

What a nut! How can some people use the name of God as an excuse or a reason to do such hurtful things? I will never understand.

I hope there is drugs involved, or at least a past history of mental illness. I just don't see how a normal, sane, sober person could do something like this!

I will never, ever understand how anyone can do this to a child. Never !! Again, my heart breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    What a nut! How can some people use the name of God as an excuse or a reason to do such hurtful things? I will never understand.
    He is obviously mentally ill, I would guess schizophrenic. Many schizophrenics have religious delusions. It is a symptom of the disease.

How tragic! I would like to know more about the relationships within this family and if the mom was ever concerned about her husband's judgement. Were there any signs of instability before this?

Quote Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
    How tragic! I would like to know more about the relationships within this family and if the mom was ever concerned about her husband's judgement. Were there any signs of instability before this?
    I agree with you. It's hard to imagine that this was the first sign of anything being wrong with his mental health. Usually, there seems to be an escalating pattern of decompensation leading up to really dramatic breakdowns like this. This is so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
    I agree - that's why I posted about the other children. 5 of them I think. I would like to know if this guy just "snapped" out of nowhere or if there were prior concerns/symptoms/signs that led up to this. The way the articles are written, you just can't tell what might have happened. But I get the impression the other children are older and have moved left home already. I wonder what they think? If any of them suspected there might be trouble at home (or if they left because of trouble at home)?

This poor little girl.

Salem

What TV. show he was he watching? Charismatic claim to God and see angels alot. Many even claim to be prophets speaking for God. I feel bad for this girls mom too. It's terrible that her father killed her.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast