GUILTY NV - Gloria Redman, 12, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, 12 March 2008

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
March 13, 2008

]New details in murder of 12-year-old girl

There are more disturbing details in the killing of a 12-year-old girl. A police report says nothing seemed wrong Wednesday when Gloria Redman stayed home from school, sick, under her father's care.

Her mother left for the store, the father stayed, watching a religious program on television. When she returned, her daughter was dead.

Maryann and Cyril Kasprick arrived Wednesday night to their space cordoned off by crime scene tape. They had no idea what they were coming home to. "Just something that never should've happened," Maryann said. Something they call unbelievable.
The police report starts about noon Wednesday, when William Redman told a 911 operator his daughter, 12-year-old Gloria Redman, was dead because that was "...the way Jehovah does things." He went on to tell the operator that he had a knife and that he "fell on her with it."

more at link

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?s=8013339

March 14th

Man Claims He Saw God Before Killing Child
Man Still Hospitalized After Incident

LAS VEGAS -- Shortly before stabbing his 12-year-old daughter to death, William Redman saw "God," according to Redman's arrest report.

Police said Redman, 54, attacked his daughter, Gloria Redman, 12, while his wife went to the store. Gloria had stayed home sick and was watching television with her father, officers said.

Redman told an emergency worker that while watching a religious show he "saw God" just before attacking Gloria. Police said Redman then stabbed his daughter multiple times, including a wound to the throat.

The police report doesn't indicate there was any type of argument that would have caused Redman to become enraged.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/15596686/detail.html

This is tragic. There are 5 other children in this family and it seems the sisters are a bit older than Gloria, not sure about the 3 brothers.

So, so sad,

Salem

I hope he gets to see his G_d again soon to explain himself. :furious:

i don't see him as useful member of society.

that poor, poor child. :(

What a nut! How can some people use the name of God as an excuse or a reason to do such hurtful things? I will never understand.

I hope there is drugs involved, or at least a past history of mental illness. I just don't see how a normal, sane, sober person could do something like this!:eek:

I will never, ever understand how anyone can do this to a child. Never !! Again, my heart breaks. :(

What a nut! How can some people use the name of God as an excuse or a reason to do such hurtful things? I will never understand.

He is obviously mentally ill, I would guess schizophrenic. Many schizophrenics have religious delusions. It is a symptom of the disease.

How tragic! I would like to know more about the relationships within this family and if the mom was ever concerned about her husband's judgement. Were there any signs of instability before this?

How tragic! I would like to know more about the relationships within this family and if the mom was ever concerned about her husband's judgement. Were there any signs of instability before this?

I agree with you. It's hard to imagine that this was the first sign of anything being wrong with his mental health. Usually, there seems to be an escalating pattern of decompensation leading up to really dramatic breakdowns like this. This is so hard to understand.

I agree - that's why I posted about the other children. 5 of them I think. I would like to know if this guy just "snapped" out of nowhere or if there were prior concerns/symptoms/signs that led up to this. The way the articles are written, you just can't tell what might have happened. But I get the impression the other children are older and have moved left home already. I wonder what they think? If any of them suspected there might be trouble at home (or if they left because of trouble at home)?

This poor little girl.

Salem

What TV. show he was he watching? Charismatic claim to God and see angels alot. Many even claim to be prophets speaking for God. I feel bad for this girls mom too. It's terrible that her father killed her.

I hope there is drugs involved, or at least a past history of mental illness. I just don't see how a normal, sane, sober person could do something like this!:eek:

I don't either, Reannan. If this man had such serious mental problems, it seems like the mother would know better than to leave their child alone with him. I can't find any updates so I'm not sure if he was ever treated for mental problems or a drug addiction.

That wasn't God he was seeing.....

freak. I hope he gets the DP.

This is the only update I could find, back on 3/31/08 when he finally appeared in court. Up until then, he had been hospitalized for self inflicted wounds.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?s=8097838

Still no mention of any previous problems. Very strange to me that nothing else about his past is coming out.

Creep !!! :furious::furious::furious::furious:

He was sane enough to make up an excuse (I fell on her with the knife). I wonder if there was any detection of sexual abuse against any of his children. Maybe she was going to tell.

I don't know if anyone is keeping up with my dads trial but I figured if you all cared enough to post comments you might like a little more info. For starters let me say that as far as I was told his tox screen was negative for drugs. He did not show any violent tendicies towards Gloria or her two teenage brothers. He was a jerk granted but never violent towards them. Me, my older sister and younger brother have been out of the home for over 15 years. My sister and I were step-children so we were treated differently but still nothing that would have clued us in to this type of behavior. He was not crazy. I do not feel he had a phycotic break. I think he only says that to excuse his actions. Granted something happened or Gloria would still be here with us today but he knew what he was doing at the time. The two teenage boys and the mother have since moved away from Nevada to live with me in Oklahoma. They are doing as good as can be expected. Mother is having a hard time, but who wouldn't. Everyday she tries to be stronger. The boys are angry but coping. School and everyday life helps keep their minds off their loss but they still have bad days too. Dad is scheduled to appear in court next month for what ever a calendar call is. They say we may not get to go to trail until next year sometime. Thank you all fo much for your thoughts and prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back