Parents try to sell baby on eBay

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
"Offering my nearly new baby for sale, as it has gotten too loud. It is a male baby, nearly 28 inches (70 cm) long and can be used either in a baby carrier or a stroller," police quoted the ad as reading.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/05/24/ebay.baby.ap/index.html

Bavaria, Germany.

words fail me . . . excepting to say —> €1??? :furious::furious::furious:

(of course offering a baby for sale at all is beyond the beyond, but only small change?)

What is going on this world My God...Who could even do that and say it was a joke.

What is going on this world My God...Who could even do that and say it was a joke.

people i don't think i know, thank G_d! :furious:

you don't know suchlike either, i'll be bound.

yet THEY WALK THIS EARTH! :furious::furious::furious:

No way was this real. They didn't really expect the sell their baby did they??

Sick sick sick.

Nah, I just read the article, the mom says it was only a joke and I believe her. A sick joke but a joke.

I tend to think it was a joke taken too seriously.

I tend to think it was a joke taken too seriously.

Taken by whom, though?

she says it a joke. i say, investigation into the very being of this family is of utmost urgency. :furious:

There are all kinds of stupid people out there, and there is no sense in being stupid if you dont show it I guess.

people trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. and it backfired on them.

There are all kinds of stupid people out there, and there is no sense in being stupid if you dont show it I guess.

ROFL. A new point to ponder for a while. There's no paucity of examples....

C6

I nominate this for Quote of the Day!

Taken by whom, though?

she says it a joke. i say, investigation into the very being of this family is of utmost urgency. :furious:

My husband and I joke around about selling our kids to the gypsies, but people know it's a joke. We would never do anything of the sort. They made their joke public and someone thought it warranted looking into. :crazy:

My husband and I joke around about selling our kids to the gypsies, but people know it's a joke. We would never do anything of the sort. They made their joke public and someone thought it warranted looking into. :crazy:

I've threatened to see my children on Ebay more than once. But I'm fairly cretain it would be a Ransom of Red Chief scenario.

Yep, I had a running joke with my mother any time she decided to TELL me how to raise my sons. I told her she could have them and good luck to her, LOL!!!!

Sometimes to shut her up, I'd ask her what she did my HER mother tried to tell her how to raise my sister and me. That shut her up quick and I learned that my beloved grandmother also had opinions of her own, LOL.

To go so far as actually putting your stupid joke on line shows total ignorance. Some people just don't learn.

I agree about it being ignorant. They didn't have the insight to know that someone might have a problem with it. :crazy:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who jokes about that. lol :bang: We've been at the store and someone will compliment our kids. He'll ask them if they want to buy one of them. :rolleyes: Always the jokester. :) Most find it pretty funny, but every once in a while that we'll get a :eek:. lol

Stupid is as stupid does <sigh>. I've no doubt these idiots thought this was a great joke and that they were so brave and cutting edge for actually posting it. What utter morons.

Good for the Ebayers who alerted LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back