Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    No new clues found in search for long-missing Brockton teen
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Kyle Alspach
    ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
    Posted May 24, 2008 @ 09:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AVON —
    The search will move on to a nearby pond in September, said private investigator Phillip White.

The investigation recently turned up information that the teen had frequently visited the area of the park, White said.

White is part of the team of private investigators, working pro bono through the Molly Bish Foundation, who have interviewed dozens of people and conducted several searches for evidence in the area, with the assistance of state and Brockton police.

Fay was 16 years old when she went missing Nov. 14, 1989.

The girl, who is now feared dead, was last seen on Broad Street in Brockton after leaving her home with friends.

Saturday’s search involved teams of dogs specially trained to find human remains and Brockton police officials, along with representatives from the Brockton Emergency Management Agency and the Plymouth County district attorney’s office. Students from the Boston University Private Investigator program also took part.

White called it a “very slow, tedious process,” which involved searching every inch of ground in the area for small objects, such as bone fragments or skeletal remains.

Divers and dog teams will search the 8-foot-deep pond this fall, White said.

Kyle Alspach can be reached at kalspach@enterprisenews.com.
    http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/x...-Brockton-teen

http://community.myfoxboston.com/blo...nifer_Fay_Case

Jennifer Fay Missing November 14, 1989

Dottie MacLean has been looking for her daughter, Jennifer Fay, for almost 18 years. Think about that. Your child missing for 18 years. Can you imagine a single night not knowing if your child is safe? This is the nightmare Dottie MacLean has been living since November 14, 1989.

Jennifer Fay was 16 years old when she disappeared from the streets of Brockton. Police initially treated her case as a runaway teen, not a possible abduction and homicide victim. That meant, other than Dottie and her family, no one was looking for Jennifer Fay for years.

Things are changing. And for the first time Dottie MacLean has hope that she may soon know the truth of what happened to her daughter.

Three years ago, a team of private investigators, through the Molly Bish Center, took on Jennifer Fay's case. They are doing incredible work. If you've followed my stories on this over the years, you know that they have organized searches in the Brockton area, they took Dottie to Texas where they thought they found Jennifer Fay alive and living a new life (sadly it was not Jennifer). They have spent 5,000 hours interviewing witnesses, reviewing facts of the case, studying scenarios.

Team Jennifer leader Phillip White tells me his group has identified a suspect and a motive in Jennifer's disappearance, they only need to find Jennifer. More searches are planned.

The team has also come up with a new timeline. For more than a year, Team Jennifer investigators have worked on a reluctant witness (who just happens to be the last person to see Jennifer Fay alive) and convinced him to talk. According to this witness, Jennifer was last seen, not at a corner convenience store on North Main Street, as had been thought for 17 years, but on Broad Street, talking to the driver of a dark colored vehicle. This is significant because it is the first time Jennifer is connected to a vehicle on the night she disappeared. This witness was found in Vermont, near the Canadian border. It appears there is no limit to Team Jennifer's determination to get to the truth.

Team Jennifer members tell me they are sharing their information with State Police. They hope their work will result in finding Jennifer, and in securing an indictment against a suspect.

While all this takes place, Dottie MacLean patiently waits. What she wants is an end to her 18 year ordeal. Dottie is desperate to find her daughter. And she is desperately hoping that Team Jennifer will help answer her prayers.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Jennifer Fay, please call the Jennifer Fay Hotline at 1.866.882.2626. To learn more about this case, please go to www.whereisjennifer.org

Thanks for your interest in this case.

Please leave a comment, if you wish.

Bob Ward

Video at link

Missing, but not forgotten

By Maureen Boyle, Enterprise staff writer

For a few minutes, Dorothy MacLean allowed herself to hope.

The Rockland woman watched the television news reports of two missing Missouri boys found alive by authorities in an apartment there and wondered, for a fleeting moment, if one day her daughter would be found safe.

“I hope for that every day,” MacLean said.

In the years since her 16-year-old daughter disappeared, MacLean has allowed herself closely guarded moments of that type of hope.

Then reality sets in.

“It has been 17 years,” she said. “You never know, but I don't know.”

Her daughter, Jennifer Fay, who disappeared in Brockton in 1989, is one of 27 Massachusetts children listed as missing on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Web site.

Some ran away from home. Some were snatched by non-custodial parents. Seven, including Jennifer, are listed as abducted.

The quicker a child is found, the more likely the child will be found safe, experts say.

One national study found that in 40 percent of kidnapping cases, the child was killed, and in another 4 percent of the cases, the child was never found.

But the case of the two Missouri boys — one who disappeared 4 1/2 years ago, the other days earlier — who were found by authorities living in an apartment in that state shows anything can happen, said Phil White, a Brockton private investigator working on the Fay case.

“There is always a chance someone will be found,” he said.

That's what MacLean thought last year when she flew to Texas with private investigators who received a tip that Fay was married and living on a military base.

The woman looked like Fay. She was born the same year. She moved around the country.

Then MacLean met the woman. It wasn't Jennifer.

White said he and the other investigators working on the case aren't giving up. They want a happy ending for the family.

“Perhaps we can find Jennifer Fay alive and living well in the United States somewhere,” he said.

MacLean said the case in Missouri shows it can happen.

In that case, a 13-year-old boy who disappeared days earlier was found in a suburban St. Louis apartment with a 15-year-old boy who vanished four years ago. The man who lived in the apartment was arrested and charged with kidnapping.

“Jennifer could be in a position like that. You never know until you find her,” she said.

Jennifer's name and photograph are on several Web sites, including www.misskids.org, www.doenetwork.us and a Web site dedicated to finding her, www.whereisjennifer.org. Her name was entered into the nationwide computer of missing persons just days after she was reported missing in 1989.

Maureen Boyle can be reached at mboyle@enterprisenews.com.

http://enterprise.southofboston.com/...ews/news04.txt

MA-Jennifer Fay Missing Nov 14 1989

16 year old Jennifer disappeared after a night out with friends and was never heard from again. After 19 years of searching and private investigator involvement, Jennifer's disappearance remains unanswered. I could not find a thread on her and thought it might be a good one to dig into:
    http://wbztv.com/local/brockton.miss....2.865182.html
    http://www.whereisjennifer.org/jennifer/
    http://www.forthelost.org/jfay.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/

Surprisingly she is not in NCMEC.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post

Surprisingly she is not in NCMEC.

Yes she is.

Active search for Jennifer

email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Thank Believe. I was actually just getting ready to post a thread about her. Funny.

According to LE they are "80% sure who the killer is". That's encouraging..
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

New Evidence in the Jennifer Fay case

Working on Jennifer's story for my blog. I'm hoping to post it tomorrow.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hmg For This Useful Post:

Police believe it is possible they have found the burial site of Jennifer Fay: http://wbztv.com/video/?id=69402@wbz.dayport.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hmg For This Useful Post:

Any news? I could not get the video to load and google turned up nothing for me. For some reason I always find it more sad when someone is finally found very close to home, and they have been that close all along.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chicagofa13 For This Useful Post:

No new news on Jennifer since November 20. I think even once they found something it would be awhile to do the testing, etc. to find out if it's her.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-Engla...227302295.html
    Video at link

November 21, 2008
    Investigators revisit decades-old disappearance of teenager

Play video

(NECN: Brad Puffer, Brockton, Mass.) - A family has been waiting 19 years, wondering what happened to their teenage girl. Now, a team of investigators working on the case of Jennifer Lynn Fay say they have found new evidence they hope will finally bring closure.

Her name is Jennifer Lynn Fay and she was just 16-years-old when she went missing in 1989. But now a team of private investigators - working pro bono - are following some promising new leads.

"On a couple of different occasions we've looked at this area as a place that was familiar to Jennifer and we've been able to uncover some new information and have been able to turn it over to the State Police."

Michelle Littlefield has been working on the case for the past four years. Her team recently returned to this area near these MBTA tracks in Brockton. They found physical evidence, evidence they cannot describe, but suggest, could be a major break.

"Clearly this is the biggest lead you've uncovered?"

"This lead has definitely given us the most hope."

And when investigators returned here with dogs, those dogs provided even more hope this mystery would finally be solved.

"We had three dogs out there last weekend, two out of three indicated there may be human remains in that area."

Jennifer Fay was last scene leaving a party and getting into a car. This area being searched is just a short distance from that location and a place Jennifer often came with friends to hang

out.

So state police came to this same location Thursday with their own dog. The results of that search not yet known. And investigators do not want to get hopes too high. After all just a few years ago another search that seemed hopeful at first, turned out to be just false leads.

"As a mother I can't imagine waking up every morning and going to bed every night and not knowing if my child is dead or alive and not knowing where my child is, is got to be the hardest pain for anyone to face."

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children urges anyone with information on Jennifer's disappearance to contact them.

The toll-free 24-hour a day hotline can be reached at: 1-800-THE-LOST.

Where is Jennifer Fay Website

WHERE IS JENNIFER FAY ??
    INFORMATION WANTED - Call: 866-882-2626 Day or Night
    A private investigation is being conducted into the disappearance of Jennifer. On November 14, 1989, at age 16, Jennifer disappeared from Brockton, Massachusetts. She was never seen again. We need your help with any information, no matter how insignificant.

A mother seeks answers in Brockton

Dorothy MacLean will spend Mother's Day surrounded by a son, a daughter and two grandchildren. But it will be the child who is absent who still haunts her.

Fourteen years after her eldest child, Jennifer Lynn Fay, disappeared near the family's Emerson Avenue apartment in Brockton, MacLean battles to keep the investigation active and braces for how it might end.

"In my heart, I always felt something happened to her," said MacLean, who now lives in Rockland. "I don't like to think that. I would rather have thought she ran away."

Police initially thought Jennifer, then 16, had run away when she did not return home Nov. 14, 1989, after partying with friends.

It is not what investigators believe today.

Brockton and state police detectives reopened the investigation 2 1/2 years ago, traveled to two states tracking leads and talked with acquaintances and friends who knew the teenager or may have been with her the night she disappeared.

Based on information gathered so far, investigators have some suspicions as to what happened to Jennifer 14 years ago.

Those suspicions, if true, will not lead to a happy ending...More...

Jennifer Fay foundation.org

http://www.dailynewstranscript.com/s...rl-found-alive

31 Aug 09

Dorothy MacLean watched the TV news reports detailing how a California girl abducted at age 11 — and feared dead — was found alive, 18 years later.

Tears streamed down her face as she stared at the screen.

“I kept thinking, that would be so great if that would happen to me,” said MacLean of Raynham, formerly of Rockland.

For years after her daughter Jennifer Fay went missing at age 16 on the streets of Brockton in 1989, MacLean clung to the hope the teen would come home unharmed.

Then, after more than a decade passed, MacLean prayed she would be able to find — and bury — her remains.

Now MacLean feels hope flickering once again amid the news that Jaycee Lee Dugard, abducted from in front of her South Lake Tahoe, Calif., home in 1991, was found alive.

much more at link
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast