E-mail 'bloodbath' threat paralyzes Mexican city

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
Here is one more reason I will not be vacationing in Mexico. Unbelievable.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080526/world/mexico_crime

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AFP) - Mexico's northern border town of Juarez, infamous for its history of drug-related violence, has gone into lockdown after an e-mail began circulating warning of an unparalleled "bloodbath" in the coming days.

Shops, bars and restaurants have shut and soldiers are patrolling the streets, giving a surreal and dangerous tone to this city of 1.4 million people which sits just across the US border from the Texan town of El Paso.

Authorities are taking seriously the anonymous e-mail, which menaced "the bloodiest and most violent weekend in the history of Juarez."

Mexico is NOTHING like Juarez. NOTHING AT ALL.
Juarez needs to be scrubbed off the earth in my opinion. Nothing good comes from there .

The part of Mexico where we live is very nice and pretty much crime free. It is a lot safer than downtown Nashville and Nashville is pretty safe. (I live in Tennessee)

Is there already a thread about the Juarez serial killings? Now there's a mystery/conspiracy and a half.

Mexico is NOTHING like Juarez. NOTHING AT ALL.
Juarez needs to be scrubbed off the earth in my opinion. Nothing good comes from there .

The part of Mexico where we live is very nice and pretty much crime free. It is a lot safer than downtown Nashville and Nashville is pretty safe. (I live in Tennessee)

You live in Mexico, Tennessee? :waitasec:

You live in Mexico, Tennessee? :waitasec:

Maybe I should have made it more clear....

We own a house in Mexico (a ranch) and a home in Nashville (a farm)
We split our time between the two.

pixies!! i want to own a house in mexico... tell us all about that.

pixies!! i want to own a house in mexico... tell us all about that.

I am surprised anyone wants a house down there because of stories like this one. LOL.

More and more "Americans" are moving down to Mazatlan and other beach areas. Not us. We live about 2 hours from Guadalajara in a pretty remote town. We have only had electricity for about 5 years. We love it.

Is there already a thread about the Juarez serial killings? Now there's a mystery/conspiracy and a half.

I have some pictures on my camera of a huge factory in Mexico. Standing outside of this factory were thousands of women coming to and leaving work. Some were flagging down people asking for rides and others were getting on to old school buses. It was an amazing site because the place was remote and the parking lots were completely empty yet here are all these women.
That is when I completely understood how the Juarez victims could have vanished in plain site. It was a very surreal and creepy feeling passing by these women knowing that many like them in Juarez were killed just because they desperatly needed these jobs.

Four Hundred murders this year!!!! Wow. Seven people were shot here this weekend and I was thinking that was pretty bad.

Tori Amos wrote a song about Juarez and the serial killings that happened. I love Tori but admittedly she can be very abstract at times and I would have never guessed that was what the song was about until I heard her interviewed. Now it kinda makes more sense.

'fell off the edge of the earth down in Juarez
"don't even bat an eye if the eagle cries", the rasta man says
just cause the desert likes young girls flesh and no angel came.'

I have some pictures on my camera of a huge factory in Mexico. Standing outside of this factory were thousands of women coming to and leaving work. Some were flagging down people asking for rides and others were getting on to old school buses. It was an amazing site because the place was remote and the parking lots were completely empty yet here are all these women.
That is when I completely understood how the Juarez victims could have vanished in plain site. It was a very surreal and creepy feeling passing by these women knowing that many like them in Juarez were killed just because they desperatly needed these jobs.

I couldn't find a thread about it and I'd like to start one! But in which forum?

Four Hundred murders this year!!!! Wow. Seven people were shot here this weekend and I was thinking that was pretty bad.

Tori Amos wrote a song about Juarez and the serial killings that happened. I love Tori but admittedly she can be very abstract at times and I would have never guessed that was what the song was about until I heard her interviewed. Now it kinda makes more sense.

'fell off the edge of the earth down in Juarez
"don't even bat an eye if the eagle cries", the rasta man says
just cause the desert likes young girls flesh and no angel came.'

That's chilling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members