1126 users online (161 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Police say man tried to grab 12 yr old Beverly girl off her bike

My Best Friends who lives in Beverley just sent me this.

Police say man tried to grab 12-year-old Beverly girl off her bike
    By Mike Stucka
    Staff writer

BEVERLY — Police say a man tried to grab a 12-year-old Beverly girl off her bike while she was riding on a path behind Stop & Shop on Elliott Street yesterday afternoon.
    Jerwayne J. Hunter, 25, of Philadelphia, Pa., was arrested shortly after the 2:43 p.m. incident, according to police spokesman John McCarthy. He was charged with assault and battery and accosting or annoying a person of the opposite sex.
    It was the second attack on a female in the Ryal Side area in the past week.
    McCarthy said last night that after the attempted abduction, the Beverly girl "pulled her arm back and rode away as fast as she could." Police were called when the girl reached home.

http://www.salemnews.com/punews/loca...144230449.html

How scary for this young girl! I'm glad they caught him right away.

Salem

Jerwayne Hunter is a convicted felon. One article I read said he asked the girl if she had a license to ride her bike on that path. He jumped out from behind a bush on this little girl. I hate to use the word "lucky", but this child could have very easily been pulled behind a bush and assaulted. Mind you this guy is knocking on doors selling magazines.

It's extremely sad that a 13 year old girl can't go for a bike ride. However, it's our duty to protect our children. We can't take chances. We can't let our guard down. Kids should always have at least another person with them no matter what time of day it is. Amen, this child got away.

A "Dangerousness hearing" is set for next week for this guy. I've not heard of such a thing. Also more at link.

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO79313/

This guy plead not guilty. He's being held on $1,000 bail. Are you kidding me? A lousey $1,000.

It's also come to light that the company who he was selling the magazine's for is not licensed to do so and they didn't have permission from LE to do so either.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/beverly/n...pted-abduction

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Someone needs to look again at that bond. He is definitely a danger on the streets. If it were me, he would have no bond.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Someone needs to look again at that bond. He is definitely a danger on the streets. If it were me, he would have no bond.
    No. none at all!