"Stolen Innocence" by Elissa Wall

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
Has anyone else read this book? I bought it Friday and couldn't put it down. She's the child 'bride' behind the Warren Jeffs trial. I am in awe of her determination and spirit.

Yeah, I just finished it too. I posted something about it in the thread regarding whether the raid was justified or not. I too was amazed by this girl's strength. Can you imagine leaving your family, your beloved mother, your life, everything you have ever known as well as the possibility for salvation, behind? She was so young when she got out. I don't think I would have been strong enough. This woman is incredible.

I can't even imagine the life this cult leads. She'd already seen the destruction of her family due to 'the prophet', was being forced to live with an abusive man and discouraged from seeing her family who still believed. The power truly corrupted this sect. It was inspiring enough to get out but then to face in court the scum who caused it all was justice.

I also just finished the book.....
It just made you shudder didn't it? Poor girl was so young!
I hope WJ never sees the light of day again.

Another thought I had while reading the book was its no wonder she has 4 miscarriages being married to her 1st cousin. Wonder why WJ never thought about that?

Another thought I had while reading the book was its no wonder she has 4 miscarriages being married to her 1st cousin. Wonder why WJ never thought about that?

I'm not sure WJ (talk about a poisonous snake!) even knew. She didn't even tell her 'husband' until the marriage was ending. I think the 'marriage' was ordered to keep Allen happy and Elissa under control. She was on '48 Hours' last night and I was even more impressed.

I'm not sure WJ (talk about a poisonous snake!) even knew. She didn't even tell her 'husband' until the marriage was ending. I think the 'marriage' was ordered to keep Allen happy and Elissa under control. She was on '48 Hours' last night and I was even more impressed.

Yes your correct! I forgot she hadn't told her husband.

She is doing a great job on the circuit. The poor girl has been to hell & back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back