Special on 48 Hours Now

Montana

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There is a special on 48 Hours now. It started at 10:00 p.m. EST.

Regards,

Montana

The Prophet, Warren Jeffs, has tranformed the church into something more sinister today. It is similar to an organized crime group. They are like the American Taliban in the way the treat women. It controls every aspect of a person's life, where they work, who they are going to marry, when they are going to have sex. He decided that dogs were evil. Every single dog was eliminated. His father Ruhlon was the prophet before him. Warren married his father's wives after he died. He has between 50 nd 80 wifes. Young girls are routinely married to older men. It is about child abuse.

Alisa was ordered to marry her nineteen year old older cousin. She was only 14. She hated her cousin. She was repulsed. She had no idea where babies came from. She fled the marriage. This led to Jeff's arrest. He was captured 3 years later. He faced two charges of rape as an accomplise. Alisa said she was raped. She asked her husband not to do it. He laid her on the bed and had sex with her. She wanted to die. If he wanted to have sex, he would, whether or not she agreed.

The compound is worth 100 million dolllars or more. They game the welfare system. They use more than 2.5 million dollars in food stamps.

Alisa needs to be careful. She is the reason that Jeff's is in prison. She has written a book. Jeff's is on suicide watch. Jeff's admitted to his brother that is not the prophet and he as been a liar. "The truth is not in me."

Please excuse the typos. I am typing while I watch.

They are now showing a modern polygamous family. They live in the real world, don't believe in under age marriage and believe in education. They are not affilicated with a religious group. They are ok if their children forego it. They call themselves independent polygamists. They get jealous, but they knew that would happen. Sometimes I do get selfish. I have cried. In a family so large their children are never lonely and neither are they.

Sorry again for typos, my edit button does not work.

These boys were born into and grew up in the LDS until they felt the need to leave. "I don't know any different than to have more than one mother." He started to resent the everyday limitations of his life. The belief was that the outside world was evil. "I was worried if I was really going to go to hell." They are the lost boys.

When Caleb decided to leave, his father made it clear he could never come back. He is in a communal safe house. "I don't have very good social skills because I never went to high school or anything." "We were taught to never ask why. Don't talk to girs. Don't play video games. Don't talk to outsiders." His mother told him that his father was reassigned to live out of the community and his mother was assigned
to live with another man. I was completely lost. I drank vodka.

"We aren't really lost. We kind of found our own way."

These boys are still linked to their past. "I don't care what they (parents) have done. I wish it were different, but."

You're doing great Montana. Thanks for transcribing this.

They stated at least 450 boys were kicked out & are now the Lost Boys!
That just made me sick.

They stated at least 450 boys were kicked out & are now the Lost Boys!
That just made me sick.

I am wondering why we aren't seeing more 'Lost Boys' being interviewed one on one in the media? Many articles have been done by the women, and they have a lot of important info to give. But they only have half the info- they don't have the FLDS from the male viewpoint, from the viewpoint of the 'Lost Boys'.

Montana................thanks for the heads up. I just checked out tv schedule and here on the west coast, 48 Hours isn't on for another hour and 20 minutes. So, I can plan to see the whole thing. :)

I am wondering why we aren't seeing more 'Lost Boys' being interviewed one on one in the media? Many articles have been done by the women, and they have a lot of important info to give. But they only have half the info- they don't have the FLDS from the male viewpoint, from the viewpoint of the 'Lost Boys'.

Mysteriew, I also wondered the same thing. I felt so bad for the Lost Boys on 48 Hours...they're very deeply troubled & hurt. Can't imagine the Moms who gave birth to all these kids & just tossing them away like garbage. I'd love to know what it was like for them.

They should also be doing DNA testing on the Lost Boys too. Although they probably can't because the Lost Boys are in a different state. But I bet a lot of the parents are there in Texas.

The Lost Boys need to hire a lawyer to go after the parents for child support. Maybe that would put a stop to some of it.

The Lost Boys need to hire a lawyer to go after the parents for child support. Maybe that would put a stop to some of it.
But most are on welfare. I think it is a gift in disguise, being on the outside is a better life all around, mentally and spiritually.

But most are on welfare. I think it is a gift in disguise, being on the outside is a better life all around, mentally and spiritually.

Raised the way they were with the threats of damnation, with the fear of outsiders, with their young ages, for many of them it is like they were sentenced to a living death. They can't get past the loss of their family, there would be parts of their old life they would miss, there much of the new life they would fear too much to allow themselves to join in.

For those boys, all they did was try to kiss a girl or go to the movies, or some other small action. And they were ripped from their family, from their lives, from everything they know. I would see them more as paralysed, fearing that any action on their part would cause something worse or feeling that things couldn't get worse so they have nothing to lose. Or they might feel they are already sinners beyond redemption and so whatever they do is ok, that they cannot be punished more than what they have been.

These are kids, they think like kids, they reason like kids. And adolescent kids at that. They don't reason like adults, and adolescents tend to dramaticize their emotions more.

Raised the way they were with the threats of damnation, with the fear of outsiders, with their young ages, for many of them it is like they were sentenced to a living death. They can't get past the loss of their family, there would be parts of their old life they would miss, there much of the new life they would fear too much to allow themselves to join in.

For those boys, all they did was try to kiss a girl or go to the movies, or some other small action. And they were ripped from their family, from their lives, from everything they know. I would see them more as paralysed, fearing that any action on their part would cause something worse or feeling that things couldn't get worse so they have nothing to lose. Or they might feel they are already sinners beyond redemption and so whatever they do is ok, that they cannot be punished more than what they have been.

These are kids, they think like kids, they reason like kids. And adolescent kids at that. They don't reason like adults, and adolescents tend to dramaticize their emotions more.
I didn't get the same reaction as you. Some of the boys were smart enough to leave on their own, like the girls they showed. They know what punishment awaits them as far as the cult and their families- I think they are brave and wise beyond their age.

Those who were tossed out, I still feel have been given a chance of a better life now. We all have pasts and many of us have scars, the future is bright for these boys and there are people who care and love them now, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back