Sexual Predator Wants Release From Treatment Center

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A convicted sexual predator was back in court on Tuesday fighting for what he said is his right to get out of a sexual treatment center.

Nearly two decades ago, Roger Roark admitted he sexually assaulted two of his relatives in Clay County. He spent eight years in prison before being released and heading to Kentucky because he did not have a home in Florida.

Roark was later arrested in Kentucky and he confessed to sexually assaulting 17-year-old. He served a 12-month sentence in Kentucky. He then returned to Florida in 2004 and was held in prison for a violation of probation.

Under the Jimmy Ryce Act, which calls for inmates with histories of sex offenses to be reviewed to determine the likelihood of reoffending, Roark has been held in the Florida Civil Commitment Center for treatment since his released by the Department of Corrections in 2006. http://www.news4jax.com/news/16406731/detail.html

This is a quote from the above article -

“It seemed to get worse and worse. As time went by, it got more frequent. Every time he had an opportunity and no one was looking or he didn’t think anyone was around is when it would happen,” the victim said.

that is so typical of these perverts. They dont get better, they just keep offending. If the judge rules this guy should be free, then the judge ought to take Roark home to live with him/her. That way the judge can keep a close eye on where that decision leads....

The freak shouldn't even be alive, let alone complaining.
Full life sentences for the first offence is the only way to keep these monsters from reoffending. Or better yet, Death Penalty.

Aw, does the poor little baby want out, OWELL! Pervert.

--
A convicted sexual predator was back in court on Tuesday fighting for what he said is his right to get out of a sexual treatment center.

Too bad. These creeps reoffend and reoffend and reoffend.
There is no cure for sexual abuse.

IMO His offense makes it that much worse:
Nearly two decades ago, Roger Roark admitted he sexually assaulted two of his relatives in Clay County.
:banghead:

Sexual Predator Wants Release From Treatment Center?

no. :furious:

end of.

Um the guy is a serial offender, he should stay where he is.

(Source)
However, the state claimed Roark is still a danger and wants him held in the treatment center for sexual offenders.“He has preyed sexually on women. He has preyed sexually on children,” said an attorney for the state.In court, Roark’s victims took the stand. Among them were the two relatives he molested in Middleburg in the early 1990s.One of Roark’s family members said the molestation took place for more than a year and that she was 8 years old at the time assaults.“He would touch me in my clothes, under my clothes,” the victim said. “He said, ‘You know you can’t tell anybody about this because people won’t understand.’”Another victim said the sexual assaults continued until she and her sister told their father, and Roark was arrested and taken to prison in 1992.“It seemed to get worse and worse. As time went by, it got more frequent. Every time he had an opportunity and no one was looking or he didn’t think anyone was around is when it would happen,” the victim said.Roark’s hearing is expected to continue on Wednesday, when he and his wife are expected to take the stand.

The rules are simple. If he's likely still to reoffend - he stays in. If they really think he's had some type of cure (and while I know the stats - the stats I've seen show that some do stop, a higher percentage than I'd have expected - particularly the nonviolent ones), and that's lasted for a very long time, and they're ready to monitor him completely for the next several years - maybe.

If the judge wouldn't leave him alone in a room with her young relatives (daughters, nieces, grandchildren - whatever) - she shouldn't let him out.

Myself - I think he needs another few years at the least, if he's really doing well, they think, maybe a halfway house.

This is news? I figured the majority of them would want out.
they all want out. what makes it news for me to post is it is my neighborhood he will be released into. it is dangerous enough for children to face the unknown predators that i do not feel we should add the known sickos to the mix.

I'm all for this person getting released from this treatment center if it meant he was going straight to the gas chamber.

they all want out. what makes it news for me to post is it is my neighborhood he will be released into. it is dangerous enough for children to face the unknown predators that i do not feel we should add the known sickos to the mix.

Maybe you can write it into the homeowner's association bylaws that predators not be allowed to live there. My HA doesn't allow pigs... but says nothing about predators.

Maybe you can write it into the homeowner's association bylaws that predators not be allowed to live there. My HA doesn't allow pigs... but says nothing about predators.
not that simple. i live on private property. no HA to help.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/16417700/detail.html
During questioning, Roark admitted that he molested his family members in Middleburg but said that happened in 1990, and said now he’s a different person.

“I was a very sick individual then, sir,” Roark said.

When questioned by his defense attorney, Roark took responsibility but blamed his disturbing actions in the past in part on drug addiction.

He said he doesn’t think he would have committed the crimes had he not been on drugs.

Roark also told the jury that as a child he was molested by a neighbor and claimed although he’s been diagnosed as a pedophile, he’s been helped by counseling and is no longer a threat to others.

Roark’s wife of seven years also took the stand on Wednesday to say she feels her husband has changed and should be released from the treatment facility. She said she would welcome her husband home to live their 5-year-old daughter.

“He’s always been very open with me about his crime and the situation he was in. The only change that I’ve seen is that he got more open and more honest and seems more remorseful to the crimes he’s committed,” Roark’s wife told the court.

Roark’s trial is expected to conclude on Thursday, and then his fate will be in the hands of the jury.

Oh boy I don't think I'd want him anywhere near any kids.

I feel sorry for him if he was molested as a child & for his drug addiction but to me it seems that it's all very well to say 'I was a different person then' when he's in a treatment facility away from children. No one knows how he'll be when he's around children again, especially his step-daughter 24\7.

I'm glad he's faced what's he's done to his victims but I'm just not convinced that releasing him into a residential area with lots of vulnerable children in the vicinity would be a safe thing to do.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/16417700/detail.html
During questioning, Roark admitted that he molested his family members in Middleburg but said that happened in 1990, and said now he’s a different person.

“I was a very sick individual then, sir,” Roark said.

When questioned by his defense attorney, Roark took responsibility but blamed his disturbing actions in the past in part on drug addiction.

He said he doesn’t think he would have committed the crimes had he not been on drugs.

Roark also told the jury that as a child he was molested by a neighbor and claimed although he’s been diagnosed as a pedophile, he’s been helped by counseling and is no longer a threat to others.

Roark’s wife of seven years also took the stand on Wednesday to say she feels her husband has changed and should be released from the treatment facility. She said she would welcome her husband home to live their 5-year-old daughter.

“He’s always been very open with me about his crime and the situation he was in. The only change that I’ve seen is that he got more open and more honest and seems more remorseful to the crimes he’s committed,” Roark’s wife told the court.

Roark’s trial is expected to conclude on Thursday, and then his fate will be in the hands of the jury.

Oh boy I don't think I'd want him anywhere near any kids.

I feel sorry for him if he was molested as a child & for his drug addiction but to me it seems that it's all very well to say 'I was a different person then' when he's in a treatment facility away from children. No one knows how he'll be when he's around children again, especially his step-daughter 24\7.

I'm glad he's faced what's he's done to his victims but I'm just not convinced that releasing him into a residential area with lots of vulnerable children in the vicinity would be a safe thing to do.
lets not forget that after 8 years in prison for hurting these kids he raped a 17 year old in another state. after he served his time in that state Florida placed him in treatment since he was still on probation from the assault on the children.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back