980 users online (187 members and 793 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748

    Abused Wife laces cheating husband's cake with rat poison

    But the judge said she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.

    A former hospital chef who laced her cheating husband's cake with rat poison in a bid to "stop him leaving the house to see his mistress" was spared jail today.
    A judge told Yvonne Godwin, 56, that she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.
    She finally reached breaking point when she learned he was having an affair with her best friend's sister and baked two cakes laced with blue rat poison
    But the grey-haired grandmother confessed to the police the next day and admitted she had tried to poison her former husband, and had also eaten some of the cake herself.
    The once-married couple, who have been together for more than 30 years, had divorced 17 years ago but reconciled shortly after.


    More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...at-poison.html

    Let this be a warning to cheating husbands, do you think?

    she was recovering from cancer when she found out what he was up to when she "only used a teaspoon of rat poison in his fruitcake."

    the husband wants her back but the judge said as a condition of her suspended sentence she had to keep away from hubby for 12 months.
    her husband denied she had tried to poison him, but the evidence was clear and she admitted it anyway.

    friends said Mrs Godwin was a wonderful cook.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    WHY would she want to stop him from leaving the house? I'd drive the freaking car. Get rid of the bum.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    ....

    friends said Mrs Godwin was a wonderful cook.
    How good of a cook do you think someone is if you can't taste rat poison in it? Must have been pretty icky.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    If he abused her for 30 years, imo, he deserved it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    If he abused her for 30 years, imo, he deserved it.
    Completely agree.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    I don't agree at all. Why didn't she LEAVE????? The woman should have packed up and left. I wouldn't risk one day in jail for a man who abused me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Jeana,
    Maybe she suffered from battered wife (women's syndrome). Maybe she was too afraid to leave.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    I don't agree at all. Why didn't she LEAVE????? The woman should have packed up and left. I wouldn't risk one day in jail for a man who abused me.

    Agreed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Jeana,
    Maybe she suffered from battered wife (women's syndrome). Maybe she was too afraid to leave.
    I don't believe in that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    But the judge said she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.

    A former hospital chef who laced her cheating husband's cake with rat poison in a bid to "stop him leaving the house to see his mistress" was spared jail today.
    A judge told Yvonne Godwin, 56, that she was not a "criminal in any shape or form" after hearing she was "driven over the edge" by 30 years of abuse at the hands of her husband Robert.
    She finally reached breaking point when she learned he was having an affair with her best friend's sister and baked two cakes laced with blue rat poison
    But the grey-haired grandmother confessed to the police the next day and admitted she had tried to poison her former husband, and had also eaten some of the cake herself.
    The once-married couple, who have been together for more than 30 years, had divorced 17 years ago but reconciled shortly after.

    More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...at-poison.html

    Let this be a warning to cheating husbands, do you think?

    she was recovering from cancer when she found out what he was up to when she "only used a teaspoon of rat poison in his fruitcake."

    the husband wants her back but the judge said as a condition of her suspended sentence she had to keep away from hubby for 12 months.
    her husband denied she had tried to poison him, but the evidence was clear and she admitted it anyway.

    friends said Mrs Godwin was a wonderful cook.
    I wonder if we'd be cheering on the person if it was the husband who had poisoned his wife after years of her abuse and affairs?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen_in_Indy View Post
    I wonder if we'd be cheering on the person if it was the husband who had poisoned his wife after years of her abuse and affairs?
    Thank you. I was beginning to see the double standard that is being presented here. Ahem.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    I don't believe in that.
    gotcha.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen_in_Indy View Post
    I wonder if we'd be cheering on the person if it was the husband who had poisoned his wife after years of her abuse and affairs?
    I'm not cheering. i think this has opened the floodgates.

    she should have left.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    I'm not cheering. i think this has opened the floodgates.

    she should have left.
    And she shouldn't have poisoned her husband.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    I don't believe in that.
    Guess you have to be in the position to understand. I believe it in it. I'm not saying she should have poisoned him... I'm just saying he probably deserved it. I know my ex husband deserved it. I didn't do it, but he deserved it.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. UK - Husband And Wife Sexually Abused 13-Month-Old Girl
    By los2188 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2016, 05:14 PM
  2. Cheating Husband Busted on The Radio
    By froggierintexas in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM