5 Yr Old Tapes Teacher's Verbal Abuse

Oh Lord, I would be in jail. I would beat the crap out of her! How freaking mean and cruel!

The article says the teacher "lost her cool" that day. UGGGGG!!!!!
WTH!!!!

Oh, you have to hear the way the teacher talks to him. She not only berates the little boy but she tells the other kids that they are bad if they befriend him.:furious:

The parents said their child told them about how mean the teacher was every day. They finally hid a tape recorder so they could hear for themselves.

I don't know if I could have kept myself away from the teacher after her talk to my child like that. :silenced:

Self-absorbed? He's 5, what should he be absorbed with? This teacher is a nut. The article said that she didn't even have a conference with the parents to tell them if the boy was having problems in class. She seems to have just singled him out for abuse. He's 5 years old for heaven's sake.

Kristen Woodward has a problem.

speaking to him in that way in front of the other children was appalling.

speaking to him in that way in front of the other children or not, was appalling.

i think her tenure is over.

This really brought back memories for me. My son was in 1st grade I had dropped him off at school after Christmas break he went to class, but I had an after thought because he was acting like he did not feel good. So I went to the classroom & all the kids were in a semi-circle & the teacher was in front only my boy was seated about 5-6 ft behind everyone. I excused myself & the teacher started coming over to me @ the same time I am saking my son why are you back here he said this is were I sit & of course I asked why had he been bad & he said no not today but this is were I always sit. I asked the teacher what was going on & she said well sometimes he can't sit still or talks to the others. I in turn said that was fine however school has been out for break & couldn't we start fresh instead of assuming he is going to be bad without doing anything!! Well long story short I removed him from school that day & enrolled him in a private Christian School. I was just taken a back that it was assumed he would be bad. It broke my heart.

Wow, first Florida, now this. What is going on in Kindergarten these days?
The teacher lost her "cool" that day? Just only on the day she was taped? I can't believe that was the only time.

Geez, at five these kids need to move around a bit. I can't understand a piss poor attitude in teachers of this age group. Calling them names and getting the rest of the kids to gang up on them is something they can carry for the rest of their lives.

OMG! I would be in jail...I would have beat her silly!

I come from a family of Educators. I have heard the "war" stories but never have I heard anything like this. You are so right these babies are so young & this type of treatment will form the next 12 years of their experience in school. I know we only saw a few minutes of clip on him but he was well behaved during the interview. Have you ever seen that little boy Francious on Real Housewives.

I was pretty disgusted after reading the thread about Alex Barton, and this one. Then I had an idea.

Any teacher caught behaving in this manner should be assigned to a two year probationary position.

This two year probationary position would involve teaching literacy, GED prep classes, etc. at various maximum security federal prisons.

Then, after two years of teaching child molesters, murderers, rapists and serial killers maybe these whacked-out b*tches will be more understanding with their students.

The teachers' association is defending Woodward, saying that she "lost her cool" that day and hasn't had a chance to tell her side of the story.

This quote from the article irked me to no end!They way the teacher talked to that little guy just made me :furious::furious::furious:

I think the teachers association is full of "poo" It was not only that day it was just the day she got caught!Man oh man I would have come unhinged to hear someone talking to my child that way!He is not even my child and I just want to go throttle that woman! :mad::furious:

I can't remember that much about kindergarten, but do remember that we had "nap" time. We each had a small rug we brought from home and they were stored there. We got out our rugs and took a "nap". I was one of those kids who couldn't "nap", but we did have to be quiet. Then the teachers, there were two, would tickle the cheek of someone with a feather and then that child would tickle the cheek of everyone else. Nap time over......

Now, since my family were educators also, I remember my mom taking me to both first and second grade the first day and telling my teachers they had her permission to "make me behave". How embarrasing is that, in front of the class. I never wanted the teacher to have to "make me behave", so for the most part, I behaved like an angel. Oh, I did my little bit of talking out of turn as all kids do, but I don't remember any upheavals in class and teachers calling kids stupid or belittling them. We did have our own desks from first grade on, so that may have made some kind of difference. We each had our own "space".

I haven't been in a kindergarten or early grade class, so I don't know if each child has his own space or not. Anyone clue me in? I wonder if things have changed so much that behavior can't be controlled as well as it used to be way back then.

Yesterday when I read the Alex Barton thread, I was waiting to hear some collaboration (sp?) from other students and so I didn't rush to get mad at that teacher. (However, it seems like they do have proof and I agree that teacher needs fired.) But in this case, the proof is right there!! How in the world can anybody defend her?? He's what six years old??? NO six year old deserves to be talked to like that, let alone from his own teacher! Perhaps we can find emails like the ones that were found for the other teacher yesterday....

We had a problem teacher in Kindergarten with my DD. I found out other students did as well and have insisted that my son not be in this woman's class next year. She has absolutely NO BUSINESS teaching a kindergarten class. She doesn't understand children of that age at all. My DD did wonderful in 1st and I honestly think it was the teacher that made the difference.

My DS is a very active child, but he thinks on a completely different level than most children do. I'm afraid the teacher will not take the time to understand his thought process and label him as a bad egg. :(

"label him as a bad egg" That is truer than you can imagine. The Label will follow him if indeed she does.

Parents can be very instrumental in getting even tenured teachers fired, even in high school. I had a Latin teacher who was a holy terror. Stern German. He would assign us papers on Rome and Julius Caeser. Since Caeser was 2nd year Latin back then. He had rules about punctuation, spelling and hyphenating words at the end of a sentence. You had to have four sylables and could only hypenate after two. We hand wrote back in those days, LOL. My mother, the English teacher said I was totally crazy and must not have understood. This was Latin class not English. She insisted that my hyphens were just fine. When I brought home an "F" with the "improper use of hyphen" was circled as the only error in my paper. Forget content, research, etc., she exploded !!! Now my dad was a math and science teacher at the same school and mom and some other parents went to school about his methods. It came out that some other teachers knew his "back medicine" he kept in the flask was really booze, he was promptly fired. From then on, I had a great Latin teacher that was brought in and would give her credit for a lot of insight she gave us in life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back