Couple abdondons babies because they are girls

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359663,00.html

A British couple abandoned their newborn twin girls, conceived by in vitro fertilization, at a hospital — because they wanted boys.
The 59-year-old mother and 72-year-old father conceived in India with fertility treatment and returned to England for the birth.
They told horrified hospital workers they did not want the “wrong sex” babies immediately after the Caesarean section at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton, England.
The husband then asked how soon it would be before his wife could try IVF again in the hope of getting a boy to continue the family name.
Female babies are often abandoned in India for being the wrong sex.

Unbelievable. They only want a baby to carry on the family name. They do not need any children. These people are dispicable.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359663,00.html

A British couple abandoned their newborn twin girls, conceived by in vitro fertilization, at a hospital — because they wanted boys.
The 59-year-old mother and 72-year-old father conceived in India with fertility treatment and returned to England for the birth.
They told horrified hospital workers they did not want the “wrong sex” babies immediately after the Caesarean section at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton, England.
The husband then asked how soon it would be before his wife could try IVF again in the hope of getting a boy to continue the family name.
Female babies are often abandoned in India for being the wrong sex.

Unbelievable. They only want a baby to carry on the family name. They do not need any children. These people are dispicable.
WOW!!!!! I agree with you and can't think of anything else to say!

Obviously she was a high risk pregnancy, so didn't they have an ultrasound or amniocentesis? What idiots (and old idiots at that!)....:behindbar

They are idiots. On multiple levels.

I guess we should be grateful that they didn't drown them or something.

But they're still idiots.

Stupid people. They absolutely would have had extensive prenatal care had they ever gone to an OBGYN at all. It a boy was all they wanted they could have done gender selection, or am I living too far in the future. Not that they should have been granted the ability by the powers that be to conceive at all with or without the help of science. These people don't deserve to carry on a family name.

If I spent the money they spent on IVF treatments I would be darn glad to have a baby at all!!

I will take them! If they can afford IVF then they can buy me a plane ticket to come get their babies and love them..

If I spent the money they spent on IVF treatments I would be darn glad to have a baby at all!!

Exactly! I went through IVF, it's alot of work and no guarantees. I'm thrilled to have my daughter, if I could I'd gladly take theirs! Unappreciative SOB's who don't deserve to conceive!:razz:

What is interesting is that you can choose to use only male embryos. This people are nutsy.

If they give away little girls like putting out trash I wonder what stopped the two from getting a abortion when they found out the sex of the babies? I hope the twins are adopted by the nicest people and have happy lives and hope the old geezers are never able to conceive again no matter how hard they try. They most likely won't even be alive to raise any kids away due to being old.

If I were these girls and had the choice to be raised by people older than most grandparents or to be raised in a more "normal" environment, I may choose to be adopted. I wouldn't want to not be able to go to soccer because my parents couldn't see to drive, or not be able to have friends over because it is too hard on my parents, or to have them die when I am 5 from a heart attack.

Before I get beat up for saying these comments, I am not trying to pick on older people. I actually dated a guy where his mom was 42 when he was born. (Nothing wrong with that as I know many people in that situation). However, by the time he got to highschool, it was too hard to try to have him follow rules. As a teenager, he ran the house and the parents had no control over him. I think it was simply because they didn't have the physical strength or emotional ability to deal with it any more. The age issue led to a lot of issues in his family.

I agree R&G. It's hard enough for us younger moms, much less an older couple.

I agree R&G. It's hard enough for us younger moms, much less an older couple.

Hey, we do fine. I'm 47 with a 7-year-old and my husband is 55.

IMO it is better that they gave the girls up than raised them while resenting (or worse) them for being girls.

People shouldn't conceive (naturally or otherwise) unless they will love and will provide a good home to any and all offspring.

What is next? People dumping homely babies? Sorry, not cute enough.

IMO it is better that they gave the girls up than raised them while resenting (or worse) them for being girls.

People shouldn't conceive (naturally or otherwise) unless they will love and will provide a good home to any and all offspring.

What is next? People dumping homely babies? Sorry, not cute enough.

I don't think parents notice when their baby is homely. This girl I knew had a baby girl who looked like a monkey in the face and you could tell people were all saying how "little" she was, or how "happy" she looked. NO ONE said "My, What a beautiful girl!" EVER. The mom never suspected her child was ugly. A face only a mother could love.

Sweet baby, though - I loved the baby - but .... definitely homely.

I don't think parents notice when their baby is homely. This girl I knew had a baby girl who looked like a monkey in the face and you could tell people were all saying how "little" she was, or how "happy" she looked. NO ONE said "My, What a beautiful girl!" EVER. The mom never suspected her child was ugly. A face only a mother could love.

Sweet baby, though - I loved the baby - but .... definitely homely.

I bet she grew up to be beautiful. Did you ever see her after she was grown?

Salem

This is a huge issue in China as well, where female infants are abandoned in alarming numbers. My goddaughter was left in a vegetable stand when she was 2 days old. At least her parents chose to leave her in a public place near a police station which would find her and take her to an orphanage. Plenty other newborn girls are just thrown in ditches while the parents try again to produce the right gender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back