WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
map121407_large.jpg

dp cooper f b i map.jpg

the first map is of the fbi website about the db cooper case in which the map is suggesting the flight plan route which db copper took on that day 36 years ago the second map is me putting the first map onto google earth software by overlaying into onto google earth and this is the result i hope people like this work as it took me ages to get it lined up right

That is impressive! You have a lot more patience than me.

I hope someone who knows more about the map in this case than me can figure something out from it.

Good job!

going to bring over Sluggo's latest post on a suspect...

Sluggo said:
From my web site:

Update 05/29/2008
Cook has released more information on his suspect. The man’s name was released today I an article in “the Depoe Bay (OR) Beacon Online”. The suspect’s name is Wolfgang “Wolf” Gossett. Gossett died Sept. 1, 2003. [More to come.]

http://www.depoebaybeacon.com/online.asp

and Sluggo - please post any more links from the previous thread if you like!! :)

hope you guys don't mind that I started another thread on this, as the old one had 700 plus posts, and veeerrrryyyy sllooooooowwwww in opening it up! :rolleyes:

If you all (Sluggo!) want to post some of the links you had on the last thread - please do!!

and Sluggo - LOVE the timeline that you did!! :clap: excellent!!

and on that obit of William "Wolfgang" Gossett - do me at least - he doesn't 'seem' or sound like a hi-jacker... just my opinion!! Still believe LeftCoast's analysis - Ted Mayfield IS D.B. Cooper!! :)

All,

I put something uncharacteristically frivolous on my site today. Someone sent me a morphed sketch (between the 1971 Composite and the 1988 Unsolved Mysteries sketch). I put the image on the site and have nine suspects and a poll to see which suspect most resembles the morphed sketch.

Check it out [Here]

Sluggo

All,

I put something uncharacteristically frivolous on my site today. Someone sent me a morphed sketch (between the 1971 Composite and the 1988 Unsolved Mysteries sketch). I put the image on the site and have nine suspects and a poll to see which suspect most resembles the morphed sketch.

Check it out [Here]

Sluggo

I love #8. Next time include Romel and/or Poncho Via. !!

boy #6 suspect SURE looks like that sketch!! I actually voted for #2... so, Sluggo, still waiting to see 'who' each suspect is!! Thanks!

All,

On the old thread I posted a Ground Speed calculation for snowmman. It was in error!

I know, it’s really rare for me to make a mistake, but I sometimes do.

A nice man who lurks on this thread helped me to recognize my error. He was too polite to just tell me I was stupid, so it took a couple of e-mails before I found the screw-up. I would like to take this opportunity to publically thank him for his assistance. I always welcome constructive criticism.

Here’s the correction:
  • Wind Dir = 225 deg
  • W Speed = 20 knots
  • Density Alt = 7792 ft.
  • Pressure Alt = 8900 ft.
  • Indicated Air Sp = 170 knots
  • True Air Sp = 190.528 knots
  • Grnd Sp = 177.1 knots
  • Hdg. = 180 deg
So the ground track of the plane was along a path with a bearing (azimuth) of 175 degrees at a ground speed of 177.1 knots (203.8 mph).

:blushing: Sluggo :blushing:

interesting Sluggo. More Science is always better! My wife likes to say "Only Math can save you now!"

I've been wondering about this whole thing with the jump zone being predicted (the '72 map) using a combination of USAF radar data, and flight recorder data and etc.

Based on what's been said about what the flight recorder might have held, I can't picture how radar data could be merged with it.

It seems to me that the flight path would be solely based on radar data.

Do you know for sure what a 1971 flight recorder would have held for data, and how that data could be merged with radar data, or even confirm radar data.

What it feels like is that the DZ was predicted with radar, and they had all this other info, but it's unclear if any of it was useful.

Your thoughts or more info?

Do you know for sure what a 1971 flight recorder would have held for data, and how that data could be merged with radar data, or even confirm radar data.

snowmman,

I will get back to you soon. My data has gotten really voluminous lately (partly thanks to you) and I need to find my “FDR History files”. (Flight Data Recorder, not Franklin Delano Roosevelt) :)

I have an off-the-top-of-my-head response, but as you are aware, many people take those responses and turn them into “facts” for their own purpose, so, let me get the “facts”

Be back later,

Sluggo

All,

I got to 35 responses on my poll (on http://n467us.com/ ) and stalled down. Maybe I have fewer readers than the stats indicate, or maybe people don’t like “Instructional Fun.” Anyway, I have put up the IDs on the answer page. Go to the poll page and follow the link to the IDs.

Sluggo

snowmman,

I will get back to you soon. My data has gotten really voluminous lately (partly thanks to you) and I need to find my “FDR History files”. (Flight Data Recorder, not Franklin Delano Roosevelt) :)

I have an off-the-top-of-my-head response, but as you are aware, many people take those responses and turn them into “facts” for their own purpose, so, let me get the “facts”

Be back later,

Sluggo

snowmman,

I am no expert on Flight Data Recorders (FDRs) and Flight Data Acquisition Units (FDAUs) but here’s my read on FDRs:

In the late 1960s and early 1970s, new recorders that could retain information about the engines, flight controls, flaps, etc., to fully assist accident investigators were required by the FAA. Whether there was a requirement for back-fitting older aircraft, is unknown (to me). These units recorded 25 hours of data on a continuous loop tape.

Most FDRs of that era (1971) recorded:
  • Time.
  • Altitude.
  • Airspeed.
  • Vertical acceleration.
  • Heading.
  • Pitch attitude.
  • Roll attitude.
  • Longitudinal acceleration.
  • Control column or pitch control surface position.
  • Thrust of each engine (Throttle position).
Here are a few of the parameters recorded by some FDRs of the era (1971):

• Time
  • Pressure altitude
  • Airspeed
  • Vertical acceleration
  • Magnetic heading
  • Control-column position
  • Independent Pitch attitude
  • Independent Roll attitude
  • Longitudinal Acceleration
  • Rudder-pedal position
  • Control-wheel position
  • Horizontal stabilizer
  • Fuel flow
  • Time of each radio transmission either to or from air traffic control.
I’m sure that regardless of which of these parameter sets were being recorded the time, pressure altitude, magnetic heading, fuel flow, and (if recorded) radio transitions time were all synchronized with the radar data to refine the flight path estimates.

Sluggo

All,

Some guy named Special Agent Lawrence D Carr sent me some information that will allow me to complete my current project. I plan to pull an “all nighter” tonight and see how far I can get. (Sugar is out-of-town, so, I’m allowed to stay up past my bedtime.)

I have no idea who this Special Agent Lawrence D Carr is, but he seems to know that guy Ckret pretty well (and boy did he say some bad things about him). Before he would give me the stuff, he made me swear on my mother’s grave that I would post it on my web site. I refused… Not because I wasn’t willing… just because my Mother isn’t dead!

Instead, I did the “pinky-swear” thing and he gave me the stuff. You will find it HERE. It is two JPEGs, that are portions of the 1971 Seattle Sectional that has the Flight 305 flight path marked on it. There is a link below each one for a higher resolution version that you can download.

I really wanted to keep these charts to myself so I would look smarter than everybody else (knowledge is power and all that stuff) but Special Agent Lawrence D Carr, said I had to share. You know those FBI guys, Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity. That’s right there on their seal. I just can’t take that integrity part.

Anyway, you may not be as excited about this as I am, but check it out anyway. You may find something that has been missed in the past.

Thanks Ckret, U ‘da man!

Sluggo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members