Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 562
  1. #256
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    118

    para cord quantity

    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    I didn't follow the cord discussion on the darkzone, probably years ago. I think Ckret was still around. If I remember right, I think all of the cut cord was accounted for. I think it was figured out how much was used to wrap around the money bag and how much to tie it on, etc. Georger will recall. Have you found the dz info?
    I searched a bit in the dark zone. All I found looks like it was all based on Carr saying there were two pieces of cord cut off the chute. Looked like the thinking was that one piece was used to tie the neck of the bag, wrap around the bag of money, and make a handle. The other piece was supposedly to tie the thing onto Coop. Apparently, Tina reported he was tying cord around himself - which really could have been something other than tying money bag on, like holding the raincoat close around him.

    Anyway, it appears that Coop had lots of cord left over after whatever he did to the bag of money.


  2. #257
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    152

    Sketch

    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say I think he did. As far as I'm concerned, there was a good probability of it. Can't comment about resemblance. All the time I've been studying Cooper stuff I've hardly paid a bit of attention to suspects. So many, and I'm in no position to investigate them. If one lived in my back yard I'd probably pursue it. If the FBI proves someone specific was the perp, I'll still remain just as interested in figuring out what happened.

    In reality, I think the Cooper sketch looks like half of America for that time period, another reason we have so many new Cooper wannabee's.

    Marla followed Carr's advice a lot! "maybe someone has that long lost Uncle" the comics, his appearance, leaving out the fact of the birth issue I uncovered!

    I'm pretty sure she read what McCoy did by landing 5 miles from his house, Marla stated LD landed 6 miles from his home


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrShutter45 For This Useful Post:


  4. #258
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShutter45 View Post
    I have been trying off and on for two days looking for the 100, plenty of 200's, I am just going to bite the bullet and get the package and do it right.....
    Didn't that package you identified earlier work out?


  5. #259
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    152

    Package

    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Didn't that package you identified earlier work out?
    that is the one I was talking about getting, I was trying to find it free first but have failed miserably in my search for the right 100 series, that program will be the real deal, you can even set the commands to actually go through the start up procedure, all of the panel instruments work, no dummy switches or knobs, the real McCoy


  6. #260
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    118
    I don't understand "search for the right 100 series." The write-up said you could select -100 and had all the stuff about only including a little that was not on the early ones. Do you mean you wanted to match the earliest 100 series, or do you mean you were trying for a -51?


  7. #261
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    152

    100 series

    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    I don't understand "search for the right 100 series." The write-up said you could select -100 and had all the stuff about only including a little that was not on the early ones. Do you mean you wanted to match the earliest 100 series, or do you mean you were trying for a -51?

    No, the ones I was finding that were a 100 have new technology on them, new dash, gauges, electronics etc, the website I showed is the add on for my 2004 century of flight sim, I was trying to find the right type of 100 as in a older model with the old gauges etc, the UPS, FedEx planes all have the new upgrades on those planes so that would not be the correct 100 to get, I guess I worded it wrong by saying 100 series in that way.....sorry


    I'll taake a screen shot of the inside of the 200 I have, I like this dash, I think it's the same as the 100? back in a minute


    http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/...h200series.jpg
    Last edited by MrShutter45; 06-06-2012 at 09:20 PM.


  8. #262
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    118
    I'm gonna take a look at my '68 TWA flight manual and see if I can find a few illustrations. It shows some newer things in their -231s and not in the -31s. Back in a while.


  9. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sedona az
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    I too wanted to say






    and good to "see" you back too GeorgeR!

    Glad to see this thread re-activated! I think Cooper survived his jump;
    you know McCoy sure looks a lot like the sketch drawing of Cooper - no??
    Hey Niner! Thank you very much. Nice to see you still here. I will be brief
    and make a few other comments then pop out - Im working on something
    I hope will help. I will look forward to your input.
    G/Jerry


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to georger For This Useful Post:


  11. #264
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sedona az
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say I think he did. As far as I'm concerned, there was a good probability of it. Can't comment about resemblance. All the time I've been studying Cooper stuff I've hardly paid a bit of attention to suspects. So many, and I'm in no position to investigate them. If one lived in my back yard I'd probably pursue it. If the FBI proves someone specific was the perp, I'll still remain just as interested in figuring out what happened.
    Gray may have sown a poison pill with his new description ? Any thoughts - opinions ? He evidently pulled the description from one interview he found at Seattle? Gray was allowed access to the suspect files which Tom and his team were not, as I understand this.

    There have always been rumors of 2 or 3 items in the physical description
    the FBI was holding back. Gray's new profile eliminates one of those, so I
    have wonder what exactly Gray was using as his resource(s).


  12. #265
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sedona az
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShutter45 View Post
    In reality, I think the Cooper sketch looks like half of America for that time period, another reason we have so many new Cooper wannabee's.

    Marla followed Carr's advice a lot! "maybe someone has that long lost Uncle" the comics, his appearance, leaving out the fact of the birth issue I uncovered!

    I'm pretty sure she read what McCoy did by landing 5 miles from his house, Marla stated LD landed 6 miles from his home
    Marla's story seemed to address too many specific points of recent
    decent, almost intentionally, while ignoring other older issues still on the
    table (but not in the news as much in the last decade)? Her story seemed tailored ? And there were aspects about LD's history which were touched but not fully researched, I thought could be important - examples, LD's wife and breakup at Vancouver in 1969-70, LD's love of games and game playing (with people and officials), and any official independent interview or examination of what the mother had to have known ....

    There are some who claim Marla and the LD story are not finished. Very likely she will never appear on DZ again, or in any venue where Blevins could interrogate/humiliate her. Is her story over?

    Im going to get back to work on the doc. Sorry this is taking so long.


  13. #266
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    118
    I had not heard of Gray having a new description. Where could I see what you're referring to?


  14. #267
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    118
    off topic:

    I was unsuccessful in trying to see venus transit. Got out my dark prescription sunglasses. Put behind them the little flexishade thing I got when I had my eyes dilated recently. Over-the-glasses shades in front of the prescription shades. Acetylene welding goggle lens in front of that. With all that I was able to look, but the sun was still quite bright and had no magnification.


  15. #268
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    Im going to get back to work on the doc. Sorry this is taking so long.
    A person has to be patient where this case is concerned. Take your time.


  16. #269
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sedona az
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    I had not heard of Gray having a new description. Where could I see what you're referring to?
    This in a nutshell is it. Marcelled hair, rusy red suit coat vs black,
    different chin line, fuller face and cranial proportions ...

    It still leaves 2 features unportrayed, according to sources.

    I believe this is the description provided by the gentleman who sat directly across from Cooper. A description which has always conflicted with the consensus description of the crew and ticket agent Hal Williams which the FBI finally settled on early in '72.


  17. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sedona az
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    off topic:

    I was unsuccessful in trying to see venus transit. Got out my dark prescription sunglasses. Put behind them the little flexishade thing I got when I had my eyes dilated recently. Over-the-glasses shades in front of the prescription shades. Acetylene welding goggle lens in front of that. With all that I was able to look, but the sun was still quite bright and had no magnification.
    Your best bet might have been an old fashioned pinhole camera made from a box, like for viewing a solar eclipse. However, Venus would have been a very small dot not readily seen. Try this NASA data link site, images still there - one of the sites we used here. Some good images still on the server. The different colors are due to the narrow wavelength filters being used such as UV 3500, Hbeta 4861,Halpha 6563, near IR at 7223 (a CO2 line), calcium, etc.

    http://venustransit.gsfc.nasa.gov/


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to georger For This Useful Post:


Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 765
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 05:28 PM
  2. Turkins Airlines Hijacking attempt thwarted by passengers!
    By MrsG728 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
  3. WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery #2
    By chicoliving in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 724
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
  4. WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery #1
    By scandi in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 820
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 02:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •