GUILTY PA - Lisa Maas, 19, stabbed to death, Pittsburgh, 29 May 2008

RWill1974

Reaction score
Man, there are some craaazy people roaming around. This story is one huge reason why I don't like apartment living. You could be living near some real psychos.

Shadyside man fatally stabs neighbor

Pittsburgh police charged Terrence Andrews, 38, with homicide for the slaying of Lisa Maas, 19, about 9 p.m. inside her fourth-floor Hampshire Hall apartment in the 4700 block of Centre Avenue in Shadyside, police said.
"She always looked down on me and treated me like dirt," Andrews told police, according to the criminal complaint. "That burned me up all day, and I decided that I was going to kill her."
According to the criminal complaint:
Andrews told police he and Maas spoke earlier in the day. During the conversation, Maas told Andrews he smelled bad. He told police he waited all day for her to come home. When she did, he grabbed scissors, knocked on her door and after she opened it, he forced her inside and began stabbing her.
Andrews told police Maas said she would show him where she kept money, but he told her he wasn't after money and just wanted to kill her. Maas tried to defend herself and stabbed Andrews with a steak knife. After the stabbing, Andrews sat on Maas' couch and watched her die, then returned to his apartment.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_570174.html

What a JERK. This poor woman is dead because of something she said to him?

Hey, RWill, we have a few crazies in our neighborhood and we don't live in an apartment. I think they are everywhere!! :eek:

Thats like that old saying, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Unfortuantely she did and now she is dead because of a crazy man.

Nope! He's an adult for Og's sake! You don't have the right to kill someone because they say mean words to you, period. I bet it is always someone else's fault that he loses his temper, never his.
:furious::behindbar:furious::behindbar:furious:

The teen may not have even said a word to this man. He could have been obsessed with her and imagined the whole thing before killing. If she was ever rude to him it was probably to try and make him leave her alone.

The teen may not have even said a word to this man. He could have been obsessed with her and imagined the whole thing before killing. If she was ever rude to him it was probably to try and make him leave her alone.

Txsvicki I thought the very same thing. This link says he told LE he had asked his Doctor to put him in Western Psych and that his medication wasn't working and he was going to kill someone.

This girl may have never spoken a word to him ever. Auditory hallucination perhaps.

http://kdka.com/local/Shadyside.fatal.stabbing.2.736915.html

"It takes alot for me not to like you" is what Lisa Maas had written on her Myspace. Poor, poor girl.

This man lay and wait for this girl to return home with all intentions of murdering her. This link gives information he gave to the cops saying he told Doctor Barbo he was going to kill somebody. However, LE can't find any physician by that name.

Lisa Maas was a culinary arts student. 19 years old. That's such a sin.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08152/886393-53.stm

What a JERK. This poor woman is dead because of something she said to him?

Hey, RWill, we have a few crazies in our neighborhood and we don't live in an apartment. I think they are everywhere!! :eek:

I hear ya, Taximom. Crazies all over. There just something about being in an apartment building that feels less safe, especially in metro, city setting. When I was in college I had to live in rooming house because there was a shortage of space in the dorms. And this was in the city. Some of my neighbors were some rough characters. I hardly left my room to walk around the place.

Finally just saw a picture of the girl. God, she looked such a tiny thing. And did you see the size of him in that picture? She put up a fight though, gotta give her that.

RWill, when you put it that way, I agree. I wasn't thinking of the bigger complexes in the city setting. :eek:

She was so tiny and never had a chance, IMO. I think everyone else is right that this all happened in his head, and she never said a thing. Who knows, she might even have tried to be nice or help him somehow. :mad:

From March 2011:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/03/25/terrance-andrews-lisa-maas-trial-deliberations/

Terrance Andrews, 41, is charged in the death of 18-year-old Lisa Maas. She was stabbed with a pair of scissors...

This afternoon, the jury reached a verdict of guilty of first degree murder and burglary. He has been sentenced to life in prison.

His lawyer says Andrews tried to get psychiatric treatment just days before the murder but was turned away at Western Psych.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back