1096 users online (238 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Woman falls through trail into hot water at Yellowstone

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. - The National Park Service says a hiker burned her leg and ankle when she fell through a dirt trail into a pool of 170-degree water at Yellowstone National Park.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20...fXg840B0as0NUE

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

she fell into the previously undiscovered pool of hot water.
    yeowwwwww. How often is the trail hiked?

Well, it is a wilderness, not Disney, after all. And one with geothermal issues!

But ouch, that had to hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    Well, it is a wilderness, not Disney, after all. And one with geothermal issues!

But ouch, that had to hurt!
    Exactly!

I often worried about what might happen to people who fell or slipped at Yellowstone. I reached down (like a dope) and touched the water running under the bridge at Hot Creek in Yellowstone, burned the carp out of my fingers!! It was just below boiling, but I didn't realize it because it was far from the hot spring. i thought it would have cooled downa nd been just like a hot tub. That poor lady, that must have been so painful.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    yeowwwwww. How often is the trail hiked?
    From what I remember, it is one of the main trails to hike. There are tons of signs saying to stay on the trail, but this sounds like a total accident. Maybe they will name the newly discovered hot spot after her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I often worried about what might happen to people who fell or slipped at Yellowstone. I reached down (like a dope) and touched the water running under the bridge at Hot Creek in Yellowstone, burned the carp out of my fingers!! It was just below boiling, but I didn't realize it because it was far from the hot spring. i thought it would have cooled downa nd been just like a hot tub. That poor lady, that must have been so painful.
    Numbskull!

joking i could see myself doing the very same thing!

poor woman.

people really need to be aware of the dangers. as Texana says: it ain't Disneyland . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom View Post
    From what I remember, it is one of the main trails to hike. There are tons of signs saying to stay on the trail, but this sounds like a total accident. Maybe they will name the newly discovered hot spot after her.
    I could live without such a memorial . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Now you know why they called it HOT CREEK!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Yikes; that's where we are going for vacation this summer. Perhaps we should stay off the trails?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Now you know why they called it HOT CREEK!

DOH!

Before anyone goes out in Yellowstone they should read the book "Death in Yellowstone." It used to be available thru Amazon. Yellowstone isn't an ordinary wilderness park.

The lovely Sacramento Valley in northern California
    Link to some great photography of the Artists' Paintpots area.

http://www.***********/viewArticle.js...81474977115582

Quote Originally Posted by Sheromom View Post
    Yikes; that's where we are going for vacation this summer. Perhaps we should stay off the trails?!
    I went there about 13 years ago, so my memory is a little rusty. Some of the places could be very dangerous for young children. You walk on a trail very close to areas you must stay away from, so for younger children that might pull away to explore, would be dangerous. It is beautiful there, and you should definately go.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlydaze View Post
    Link to some great photography of the Artists' Paintpots area.

http://www.***********/viewArticle.js...81474977115582
    Tnx for the fantastic link heavenlydaze. The photos make me want to visit, but I think I might walk a little scared. I pray the woman that fell through the hole will be ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast