GUILTY MS - Juliet Lilly, 52, found murdered in her Jackson home, 20 May 2008

MsPooh

Reaction score
I could not find anything here about this, if it is somewhere..please add this to it. This lady was a good friend of a close family friend of ours. She has no family that anyone knows of, so we are her famiy now. She is originally from Great Britain. She was a home health nurse for years and lived alone, her home was broken into twice before she was killed. The first time was about a month or so ago. The second time was earlier in the day on the day she was killed. Both robberies were reported and LE was involved. Please keep her in your prayers. She was a very sweet and loving person. And I really feel that she was failed in a big way by the people that are supposed to serve and protect. But I also completely respect them and all that they do for us.

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?s=8362564

Two Charged In Woman's Stabbing Death

Slain woman also burglary victim

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008805230355

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/p...8/NEWS/805280338/1001/RSS01&template=printart

What a really sad story. To be burglarized 2 times in a month, followed by a 3rd that results in your death is unthinkable to me. I think I would have moved after the first. I'm glad they caught the 's. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

I'm keeping her in my prayers, Ms Pooh.

Terribly sad story ... almost seems as though she was deliberately being targeted. Please keep us updated!

God rest, Ms. Juliet Lilly. Ms.Pooh I am so sorry to hear about your friend's friend. That is horrific this poor lady died like that.

MP, when the police came out for the first burglary they didn't even take a report?

Prayers for Juliet Lilly going up.

How sad. I will keep her friends and loved ones in my prayers.

Oh my God this is so horrible. Are the people who broke into her house the other times the same people who killed her? It really does seem like she was targeted or like someone was out to get her?

I think she was targeted. She was a woman they knew lived alone and had no one to protect her or her property.

It is a frightening thing to even think about but when this country falls on hard times and imo the worst is yet to come, then the crime rates sky rockets. There will be more lost lives due to home invasions. The perps are a different mentality now, they kill at will with no remorse just because they can. More convenience stores and banks will be robbed and customers and clerks coldly murdered. More will do hijackings of vehicles.

It seems our country is imploding in on itself and so many feel helpless when they see it exist everyday for the newspapers and media outlets are filled to overflowing and imo I think some Americans are bracing themselves for all of those things to escalate.

Also due to the turmoil and uncertainty, I think we will see an elevation of murder/suicides with entire families murdered.

IMOO, we are going to see many dark days in our country. It is as if we have become more of a lawless society who has produced so many hardened criminals and they seem to be on every street in America, even in the quaint little towns where crime was never an issue.

I love my country so much but I fear many of the citizens in it. Especially those I don't know, that may be watching and waiting for an opportunity to once again cause mayhem and devastation. What I have done and where I have gone for years and years, I felt at ease and secure. Now, I do not even feel safe anywhere, even in my own home unless my hubby is with me and I live where crime is almost non existent but in the last couple of years it has infiltrated our area too and will continue to change it from what it was.

This crime was so senseless but it shows the coldness that the home invaders have today. No longer are they satisfied to rob a person of their possessions...they take life too.

God help us all!

imo

You know we live in Germany and crime where I live is basically non existant I guess.. nothing ever happens here that I know of or ever heard of. We are coming back to the states in a few months though and the other night I asked my 8 year old if he was excited to be going back to America & he said no because we will get car-jacked. I was like WHAT? Who told you that? He said everybody says that... :confused:

God rest, Ms. Juliet Lilly. Ms.Pooh I am so sorry to hear about your friend's friend. That is horrific this poor lady died like that.

MP, when the police came out for the first burglary they didn't even take a report?

Prayers for Juliet Lilly going up.

Yes, they took a report both times, even acknowledged that both times the perps had come in through the same unlocked window. I just cannot understand why she did not lock this window! God Bless her.

Oh my God this is so horrible. Are the people who broke into her house the other times the same people who killed her? It really does seem like she was targeted or like someone was out to get her?

Same two thugs all three times. :( My friend was telling me at church yesterday that Ms. Lilly had stated in a phone call to her after they had broken in while she was at work that very morning, before her death (that night) that "they only took my laptop this time, they will be coming back". I cannot even imagine the fear that she was living through in her final hours.

Oh Ms. Pooh. I just had tears in my eyes reading that article about her house and her patient.

Bless Miss Lilly. I'm so sorry. She obviously had human kindness and a wonderful way about her. It's all just too sad.

Lousey creeps. They just couldn't leave that poor woman alone?

From July 2010:

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/12846749/walker-found-guilty-in-lilly-murder-trial

Darrell Walker has been found guilty of accessory after the fact to capitol murder in the death of Jackson nurse Juliet Lilly. The jury deliberated about an hour before reaching the verdict.

Walker, who was also found guilty of auto theft in the case, will serve a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

From March 2011:

http://www.hindscountyda.com/press_archives.htm

William Jones, Jr. pled guilty today in Hinds County Circuit Court to Capital Murder in the brutal killing of local nurse Juliet Lilly. Upon recommendation of the Hinds County District Attorney’s Office, Circuit Judge William Gowan sentenced Mr. Jones to a term of life imprisonment with no possibility of parole.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back