Woman Who Lived in Man's Closet for a Year

GetSmart

Reaction score
Homeless Woman Who Lived Undetected in Japanese Man's Closet for a Year Caught

TOKYO — A homeless woman who sneaked into a man's house and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested in Japan after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.
Police found the 58-year-old woman Thursday hiding in the top compartment of the man's closet and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from southern Kasuya town said Friday.
The resident of the home installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.
One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.
"We searched the house ... checking everywhere someone could possibly hide," Itakura said. "When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,360427,00.html

That's wild! I wonder how often that happens and no one is caught.

The poor woman. She must be a very clean person to have left no traces of eating or being in his home other than missing food.

Honestly, we have a huge house with many "smaller rooms" behind the upstairs bedroom walls. This house is 156 years old so God only knows why these rooms are there.

Someone could easily live up there without any of us knowing.
If I wasn't such a chicken, I would go just to make sure! LOL.

"If I wasn't such a chicken, I would go just to make sure! LOL."
That made laugh.. Our house is average & I know I do not go in the back room hardly ever.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

awww.... poor thing. OK i know it's trespassing and the guy must have been freaked out, but i hope someone will take her in now and look after her. she must have been pretty desperate.... where's her family anyway.. if she has any?

awww.... poor thing. OK i know it's trespassing and the guy must have been freaked out, but i hope someone will take her in now and look after her. she must have been pretty desperate.... where's her family anyway.. if she has any?

Hey Reb

Maybe you can add this to one of your ways to save money on the poverty thread.:)

Seriously, I feel for her too.

The first thing I thought of was the movie the Grudge. There are always creepy people in the closets :eek:. If I would have found her that is surely what I would have thought of first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back