OH - Lance Cpl. Robert Crutchfield, 21, killed in robbery, Cleveland, 5 Jan 2008

ceeaura

Former Member
Reaction score
SNIP:
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- On leave from the violence he had survived in the war in Iraq, a young Marine was so wary of crime on the streets of his own home town that he carried only $8 to avoid becoming a robbery target.
art.marineshot2.jpg
The casket of Marine Lance Cpl. Robert Crutchfield after his funeral service, in Cleveland, on Tuesday.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Despite his caution, Lance Cpl. Robert Crutchfield, 21, was shot point-blank in the neck during a robbery at a bus stop.
Feeding and breathing tubes kept him alive 41/2 months, until he died of an infection on May 18.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/01/marine.slaying.ap/index.html

How sad!This part here is just heartbreaking and makes me so angry.Those low life punks :furious:

He had heeded the warnings of commanders that a Marine on leave might be seen as a prime robbery target with a pocketful of money, so he only carried $8, his military ID card and a bank card.
"They took it, turned his pockets inside out, took what he had and told him since he was a Marine and didn't have any money he didn't deserve to live. They put the gun to his neck and shot him," Holt told The Associated Press.

And to think this Marine fought for those punk thugs to live free in our beautiful country.. I say ship them to Iraq. They are so bad..so tough. :furious::behindbar COWARDS!

This is one of the most heart wrenching things I have read in some time. How sad and sickening.

RIP Corporal Robert Crutchfield. I'm sorry you had to be murdered on your home soil after your brave heroism serving our country. Truly sorry.

Them *advertiser censored*'s. See, I'm not sure if there's a hell but if there is I bet it's filled with people like those that murdered this brave man. I'm going to look and see if there's somewhere we can leave condolences to this Marine's family.

Maybe national attention will get our Mayor on the ball.

I just ask thugs to stop breathing. a simple desire.

to allow the rest of decent humanity to live in peace.

i have been creeping towards this point over the last 18 months. when i see decent people slain, i now call for the death penalty.

it has taken a very great deal to bring me to this.

enough, already — this is war. the streets must be cleared of the scum.

And to think this Marine fought for those punk thugs to live free in our beautiful country.. I say ship them to Iraq. They are so bad..so tough. :furious::behindbar COWARDS!

That is a good idea, send trigger happy thugs to Iraq where they can shoot at people legally.

Such a sad story, he made it home, only to be killed here..

Good idea Filly.Did you find anything ?

Hi C, you can go to Legacy.com and type in LCpl.Crutchfield's name. There you can leave a message of condolence to his family in the Guest Book.

Sorry, I was checking for a Myspace and such, but this seems appropriate. Thank you all for the interest and concern. This young man was fighting for our Country and some scums gun him down while the poor man was on leave? Something is seriously wrong out there.

Thank you Filly.

Yea these cowards need to pay big time:behindbar.

Oh how heartbreaking! My prayers for Lance Cpl. Crutchfield, and his family and friends. May he rest in peace and may justice be served.

When they are found they need the same treatment and they need to be told you are so worthless you dont deserve to live!!!!!!!!!:behindbar:behindbar:furious::furious:

A PERFECT EXAMPLE of how we are spending billions and billions of dollars overseas trying to fix everyone else's problems in other countries (and, protecting our oil interests so oil corps can get even richer, now that they have 99% of America hopelessy dependent on their cars)... WHILE OUR OWN COUNTRY IS NEGLECTED and going to pot. And WE (the citizens) pay the price!!

Not that Bush cares......

A PERFECT EXAMPLE of how we are spending billions and billions of dollars overseas trying to fix everyone else's problems in other countries (and, protecting our oil interests so oil corps can get even richer, now that they have 99% of America hopelessy dependent on their cars)... WHILE OUR OWN COUNTRY IS NEGLECTED and going to pot. And WE (the citizens) pay the price!!

Not that Bush cares......

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie