Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WA - GARY RIDGWAY - Green River Serial Killer

WA - GARY RIDGWAY - Green River Serial Killer

Lifetime is showing "Capture of the Green River Killer" right now.... 9:00EST
    Last edited by Kimster; 11-06-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: prefix

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fmw63 For This Useful Post:

I watched this a couple of weeks ago. I couldnt hardly get up for fear of missing something. I recommend watching it

I'm watching it right now, but missed the first 30 minutes. The book by Anne Rule is good, too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I'm watching it right now, but missed the first 30 minutes. The book by Anne Rule is good, too.
    The Ann Rule book was excellent. I put off buying it for so long because it was just "about prostitutes" in my mind, who put themselves at risk. Sure, I felt sorry for them, but...

I was SO wrong. It was a very moving and enlightening book. Most of the ones killed by the Green River Killer were very young women, many teens, who just had hard lives or hit a hard patch and sold themselves just out of desperation or ignorance. It was an eye-opening book.

The book was Ann's best, in my opinion, and that says a lot!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texana For This Useful Post:

My Dh bought me that signed book from Ann Rule and I have yet to read it. I did start watching the movie but fell asleep.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to michelle For This Useful Post:

TY. Because of your post lastnight, I finally got to see part 1.

I think Lifetime did a great job on this movie.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ladygator For This Useful Post:

I only seen part of it, I want to see the whole thing. I am going to check Lifetime to see when they are showing it again. What I seen of it was really good.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to michelle For This Useful Post:

It was a great movie. Tore me up

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PrayersForMaura For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    It was a great movie. Tore me up
    Tore me up too from what I seen. Here is a link to Lifetime and it may be on June 15th again. http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movi...n-river-killer

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    Thanks for the book tip Txsvicki. I will be heading up to Barnes and Noble and picking it up

This case has always fascinated me and I have read every book on the subject but one thing I cannot figure out is who is "Rose".

She was a victim of GRK and mentioned in Ann Rules' book but from the list of victims, I cannot figure who she is.

Does anyone know?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pixies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    This case has always fascinated me and I have read every book on the subject but one thing I cannot figure out is who is "Rose".

She was a victim of GRK and mentioned in Ann Rules' book but from the list of victims, I cannot figure who she is.

Does anyone know?
    I didnt have any extra cash on me this week, so I went by the library and checked the book out by Ann Rule. I'll probably start reading it tonight.

While I am reading the book, I will try to pay extra attention to 'Rose' and see if I notice something that you didnt catch.

Did you see the movie ?? The reason why I ask is because there is a victim point of view person telling part of the story in the movie. Is that what 'Rose' does in the book ??

"Rose's" story in the book on page 161 sounds like Helen in the movie. Rose doesn't tell the story in the book though. Is Rose the real name? I don't know why there is an asterisk beside it.

Angela Marie Girdner, Another Green River Killer victim identified

http://www.oregonlive.com/tualatin/i...dentified.html

"State medical examiners have used dental records to identify the remains of a girl police believe was a victim of Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer.

.....the Oregon State Medical Examiner identified the remains as Angela Marie Girdner, 16. The Portland girl was a student at Beaverton's Valley Catholic High School when her parents reported her missing in 1983, sheriff's office spokesman Sgt. David Thompson said."

RIP Angela
    Last edited by bessie; 09-29-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: added victims' name to post title

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

"Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to gibby207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    http://www.oregonlive.com/tualatin/i...dentified.html

"State medical examiners have used dental records to identify the remains of a girl police believe was a victim of Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer.

.....the Oregon State Medical Examiner identified the remains as Angela Marie Girdner, 16. The Portland girl was a student at Beaverton's Valley Catholic High School when her parents reported her missing in 1983, sheriff's office spokesman Sgt. David Thompson said."

RIP Angela
    How sad that the family had to find out their pretty young daughter was likely the victim of that monster.

Looks like IDing the vics could drag on for years - there's still too many on this list:

http://www.kingcounty.gov/safety/she...reenRiver.aspx
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway"]Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Needless to say everything about the GR and Gary Ridgeway was bi news here in WA the murders themselves were pretty much over (all but I think the last 4) when I moved here but bodies were still being found for years afterward and the case was never quiet long- Ridgeways arrest was huge and kind of surreal.
    But watching him live, plead guilty to each murder one after the other was chilling- the victims families statements to him heartbreaking but there were 2 I will never forget- because they got the only reaction from Ridgeway- They forgave him- I can still see the father standing there looking at GR and telling him "I forgive you" it was the most amazing and wondrous thing to see. Ridgeway was prepared for the anger, hate and calls for his death- he fully expected those- but he never expect to be forgiven and the effect it had on him unexpected-
    I can also never forget reading the details he gave LE in page after page of interviews and confessions- just bone chilling.

honestly it was one of my least favorite Anne Rule books- I always felt events happened so fast that she rushed the compleation of the book and that taking more time would have resulted in a book and victims story even more compelling & unforgettable as "Small Sacrifices" & "The Stranger Beside Me"
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Another comprehensive look at the case is 'The Green River Killer' by Carlton Smith,it was updated after Ridgeway's arrest with additional material.
    Its well worth reading for those who would like to know more about these crimes.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kline For This Useful Post:

Phew...finally found the right thread. interesting that the discussion on this page refers to the LT movie...

TV movie leads to identification of Green River murder victim

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47865229...ws-seattle_wa/

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Sandra Denise Major, 20

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    TV movie leads to identification of Green River murder victim

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47865229...ws-seattle_wa/
    Sandra Denise Major - 20 years old - was reported missing on Dec. 24, 1982.

They reported her missing on Christmas Eve. I bet Sandra's family was expecting a call from her for the holidays and got concerned when they didn't hear from her.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-29-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: added victims' name to post title

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:

they just aired the movie last night on lifetime i still have 15 or so minutes left to watch of it which i will when i get a free moment to pull it up in the dvr

very chilling. there was this one person they called her hell short for helen. she was freaking out one day when she got into the truck and said follow that man hes the green river killer but in fact she was in the car with him the whole time

40. The Following User Says Thank You to smile22 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post

Does anyone know?
    When I read Ann Rule's book (several years back), I thought that Rose might have been Tammy Lilles because she was either the only or one of the few known GRK victims never mentioned by name. I could be wrong about that; it was just my guess.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambercat For This Useful Post:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2003/1...s-victims.html

List of women who lost their lives to Gary Ridgeway
    Raine

JMO

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raine1212 For This Useful Post:

46. The Following User Says Thank You to raine1212 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast