Patients tumor turns out to be 25 yr old towel

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
EWWWWWwwwwww....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080604/od_afp/healthjapanoffbeat

The patient had been carrying the cloth since 1983, when surgeons at the Asahi General Hospital in Chiba prefecture near Tokyo left it in him after an operation to treat an ulcer, a spokesman for the hospital said.
The man, now 49, went in to another hospital in late May after suffering abdominal pain.
When examinations found what was believed to be an eight-centimetre (3.2-inch) tumour, he underwent the operation to remove it. It was only then that surgeons realised it was a towel. (more at link)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This really gives me more faith in doctors!!!:eek::eek:

Really scary to think of what's left in folks after surgery. You hear about this kinda stuff all the time. You would think someone would have noticed it when they were sewing him up!

Grose! I remember during my first c-section the dream-team as I call them since my son was premature at one count there was like 15 doctors in the the operating room kept counting and counting and I asked what was going on and they said oh we just have to count to make sure we didn't leave anything inside of you. I remember thinking about that for the rest fo the day lol..(they even counted the gauze)

Gives me one more reason to avoid surgery! lol

I'm sure the list is a long one. That whole "sign here in case you die" part is scary, but I don't even think Tide with bleach alternative could get that towel clean. Amazing there weren't infections way before now from it.

I avoid doctors all together!

While on first glance, gut reaction is to think that isn't safe - but my grandmother never saw a doctor in all her adult years, until she was 80 and my dad made her see a doctor before putting her in a nursing home. Within the first visit she was on five medications and within a few months she was dead. One case isn't a scientific study, but the more I look at the long lines at the WalMart prescription counter and knowing drug interactions and side effects are in each pill.... makes me wonder.

EWWWWWwwwwww....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080604/od_afp/healthjapanoffbeat

The patient had been carrying the cloth since 1983, when surgeons at the Asahi General Hospital in Chiba prefecture near Tokyo left it in him after an operation to treat an ulcer, a spokesman for the hospital said.
The man, now 49, went in to another hospital in late May after suffering abdominal pain.
When examinations found what was believed to be an eight-centimetre (3.2-inch) tumour, he underwent the operation to remove it. It was only then that surgeons realised it was a towel. (more at link)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:sick: For the love of all things yukkie.

Glitch, you are just so good at puns and innuendoes that they just come out naturally!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back