1353 users online (317 members and 1036 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

WA - Nicholas Francisco, 28, Seattle, 13 Feb 2008 - #13

Please continue discussions here.

Regarding Christine's divorce, IIRC, she changed her marriage status on one of her sites to "divorced". The last I heard, from what was being posted here a ways back was, that she hadn't legally filed with a court.

She has filed

Francisco, Christine Ann
    Petitioner
    King Co Superior Ct 08-3-03946-7 05-28-2008Domestic
    DIS W/CHILD

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Regarding Christine's divorce, IIRC, she changed her marriage status on one of her sites to "divorced". The last I heard, from what was being posted here a ways back was, that she hadn't legally filed with a court.

Quote Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
    She has filed

Francisco, Christine Ann
    Petitioner
    King Co Superior Ct 08-3-03946-7 05-28-2008Domestic
    DIS W/CHILD
    Thanks! Very recently on May 28th.

In reference to the "rumor" that CF may be interested in declaring Nick dead...it had crossed my mind that it might be beneficial for her in order to collect ss benefits. Steve Fossett's wife asked the court to do so only a couple of months after he and his plane disappeared. CF probably decided "divorce" was the better way to go for her and her kids. It must be hard to be in '"imbo"...but I think she's looking at what might benefit her and the children...and rightfully so.

There are obvious signs that Steve Fossett is deceased. His plane crashed somewhere out there. There is no sign of foul play so far in Nicholas's case, no judge that is sane is going to declare him legally dead.

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    In reference to the "rumor" that CF may be interested in declaring Nick dead...it had crossed my mind that it might be beneficial for her in order to collect ss benefits. Steve Fossett's wife asked the court to do so only a couple of months after he and his plane disappeared. CF probably decided "divorce" was the better way to go for her and her kids. It must be hard to be in '"imbo"...but I think she's looking at what might benefit her and the children...and rightfully so.

Did they find any wreckage?

I was merely saying that I believe under certain circumstances it could be done a whole lot quicker than the 7 years.

Sorry, for not being clearer. I would have quoted, but the previous thread was locked.

Under certain circumstances, yes, but not in the case of Nicholas Francisco...not with the information we have so far on him.

Did they find any wreckage?

I was merely saying that I believe under certain circumstances it could be done a whole lot quicker than the 7 years.

Sorry, for not being clearer. I would have quoted, but the previous thread was locked.

Yikes...I'm just trying to put myself in CF's shoes...not what would actually be the case if she were to attempt to do so. I'm sure she must have consulted with an attorney and he/she told her what options were open to her. I'm thinking she's worried about money.

Yikes...I'm just trying to put myself in CF's shoes...not what would actually be the case if she were to attempt to do so. I'm sure she must have consulted with an attorney and he/she told her what options were open to her. I'm thinking she's worried about money.

I would think an attorney would be required to complete all the necessary paperwork and file it with the court. Sometime ago I did some research on this and I seem to recall part of the process was to present the court with the efforts made to locate the missing person including proof of putting something in the newspaper for a period of time. I need to go and find this article again to see just exactly what the requirements were to have someone declared dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Poo View Post
    I would think an attorney would be required to complete all the necessary paperwork and file it with the court. Sometime ago I did some research on this and I seem to recall part of the process was to present the court with the efforts made to locate the missing person including proof of putting something in the newspaper for a period of time. I need to go and find this article again to see just exactly what the requirements were to have someone declared dead.
    I actually believe that the court has to approve the "order for Publication" as opposed to the traditional way of serving a summons. It then has to be posted in a newspaper for 6 weeks (I think). Then she will file something else providing the proof, as you have said, that she made a good faith effort to find him and let him know of her intentions to divorce him.

Originally Posted by imnotheonlyone
    Court: King Co Superior Ct
    Case Number: 08-3-03946-7

Just in case one of the locals would like to go in and review the file ...hint hint

Hint Hint? You want someone to go get the documents? Most of them would be confidential.. wouldn't they? I ask since you said before that you know about the court system. Sorry that I don't remember specifically what you said that you did.. just that you had knowledge about this.

Looks like she is asking for the court to waive any court costs. Which means she most likely doesn't have a lot of money.

Also.. asking for publication of the summons.
    You are correct, I do work for a Washington State County - and these records, unless SEALED by a judge, are public record. The public may go in and request to review this file -

She paid a $20 filing fee - hundreds less than normally charged - so yes, her reported assets/income must be substantially low.

I am wondering Poo... the second statement that you posted about MHC.. most of us have never seen. I thought I had went through every page.. but there are well over a thousand and it could have been missed. I just honestly don't believe I have ever seen it or even heard of that statement before. Usually when I save things that are said... especially on .. you could highlight the screen name.. the comment and the date and time it was made. That always makes it easier to find again. Is it possible you did this and can point us to at least where to start.. a date... something?
    Last edited by CW; 06-10-2008 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Members have been warned many times not to post other forums/blogs here.

IMO, CF would have to provide the courts with some type of evidence, other than he is missing, for the courts to declare NF legally dead.

Because she filed for divorce, she must believe he is alive.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by imnotheonlyone View Post
    Originally Posted by imnotheonlyone
    Court: King Co Superior Ct
    Case Number: 08-3-03946-7

Just in case one of the locals would like to go in and review the file ...hint hint

You are correct, I do work for a Washington State County - and these records, unless SEALED by a judge, are public record. The public may go in and request to review this file -

She paid a $20 filing fee - hundreds less than normally charged - so yes, her reported assets/income must be substantially low.
    Thanks for that information.

I am sure that her and her attorney know that this will be a hot ticket item for us sleuthers. I wonder if there is anyway that they can get them sealed. I see that she did file a confidential form but I think that is typical with your list of assets, tax returns.. etc. Right? What I am asking is.. do you think it is just that or that she has asked for them to be sealed? TIA

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast