1082 users online (274 members and 808 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down MI - Someone kidnapped Jesus in Detroit!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...4084/1003/NEWS

The 8-foot-statue of Jesus had been on the cross on the side the Church of the Messiah on Detroit’s east side “for as long as anyone can remember,” said the Rev. Barry Randolph.

The weather-beaten statue was made of plaster, and has a green patina the thief or thieves may have mistaken for copper.

A parishioner called church staff Tuesday morning and told them Jesus Christ was gone. It may have been taken late Monday or early Tuesday from the 107-year-old Episcopal church at 231 E. Grand Blvd.

Randolph said they found a piece of the statue’s hand in the alley by the church. The cross was broken as well.

Vandals and thieves have hit the church a few times in recent months. The church basement was flooded when someone tried to steal copper pipes. Its aluminum gutters have been stolen, as have bricks from the back of the church.

My goodness, some people just have no shame. Stealing from a church of all places. Nothing is safe these days.

fran

It's getting pretty bad when a church will have to put security cameras in !!!!!!!
    Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

How awful!

Maybe he'll show up again in 3 days?

Okay, bad joke. It's a shame that this happened to a church, but I'm not surprised given the other robberies that they've had. How sad.

It's also grad season and teens will do stupid stuff. Mind you around here if it was a bunch of gradbrats that did something like this they'd put it back a few days later unharmed.

However:
    This year the dummies double whip cream pied the principal(It was two rather large male grads and they're faces were covered) and the principal(female) is pressing assault charges. The boys are screwed. A car was waiting for them to take off but another staff member was just arriving and took off after them and followed them home.

Man, both my kids schools have been a little over the top of late.

Isn't that pretty much like asking to go straight to Hell. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200?? STUPID!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Isn't that pretty much like asking to go straight to Hell. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200?? STUPID!!!!!

I hope you meant the idiots stealing Jesus and not the grads I was talking about!?

Quote Originally Posted by jubie View Post
    I hope you meant the idiots stealing Jesus and not the grads I was talking about!?
    Of course I was!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Of course I was!!!!!
    OK cool. I was pretty sure but you never know... one cream pie you might let slide but the second maybe not so much

Goodnight all.

Hugs
    Jubie

Quote Originally Posted by jubie View Post
    OK cool. I was pretty sure but you never know... one cream pie you might let slide but the second maybe not so much

Goodnight all.

Hugs
    Jubie
    I pushed one of my teachers in the pool on the last day of school, but it was an accident.

It must be a really bad area since they've also had people steal their copper pipes and gutters for scrap which ended up flooding the basement.

With all the news from Detroit, I'm starting to think that city is hell on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by CAgirlatheart View Post
    Maybe he'll show up again in 3 days?
    I was thinking the same thing. You hear of people finding Jesus all the time, but kidnapping him? They must really have wanted to get saved. mwah, mwahhhhh (lame joke sound)

When people do things like this I always think to myself isn't it an ''extra'' double dose of sin? I thought the worst criminals even respected God & his house!! I worked at a Episcopal church as a teachers aide in Texas and a few weeks ago a friend called to tell me that our church secretary is going to prison for embezzlement. Apparently she got over $80 grand. I just sit here and am like wow..who does that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. You hear of people finding Jesus all the time, but kidnapping him? They must really have wanted to get saved. mwah, mwahhhhh (lame joke sound)
    That was good!!!!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast