1303 users online (263 members and 1040 guests)  

Websleuths News

Cookery school siege

Cookery school siege as chef threatens to kill himself after failing exam

In the true tradition of great, temperamental chefs, the Gordon Ramsay-wannabe did not take his failure on the chin.
    Instead he returned to the cookery school the day after flunking his test and demanded to retake it.
    What happened next remains unclear but the student cook clearly began to steam.
    Coming to boiling point, he grabbed a knife from the kitchen classroom and threatened to kill himself if he could not resit the exam, presumably there and then.
    Police were called and negotiators spent the next four hours — roughly the time it takes to cook the Christmas turkey* -* trying to calm him down.
    Finally, at about 9pm yesterday, officers in full riot protection gear stormed the premises, stunned him with a Taser gun and arrested the knifeman before taking him away for questioning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ling-exam.html

Is it just me, or do you think no matter what he got on a subsequent exam, he'd have a hard time finding employment after this?
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

What a nut!
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    Is it just me, or do you think no matter what he got on a subsequent exam, he'd have a hard time finding employment after this?
    LOL..I concur.

do you really think he would have taken his life? I mean come on, he would have done it by the time the police arrived. I didn't read the article, my bad, I'm posting first though..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

*sigh* I think he was disgruntled and didn't listen in class and that's why he didn't pass.

i would have liked to have heard he picked up a rolling pin and clouted himself with it.

wonder what he'll do with his life?