1454 users online (219 members and 1235 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

WY - Three girls, ages 13-15, found dead, Wind River Reservation, 3 June 2008

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - A coroner says the three people found dead on an Indian reservation were teenage girls.

The bodies were found in a Wind River Indian Reservation home Wednesday morning. The girls were ages 13, 14 and 15 but their identities have not been released.

Fremont County Coroner Ed McAuslan said Thursday that authorities aren't yet releasing information on the causes of death. He wouldn't say whether there was any trauma to the bodies or other signs of foul play.

The FBI and Bureau of Indian Affairs police are investigating.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080605/D9141V800.html

I wonder why they are so mum on the conditions of the girls? Perhaps because they were found on an Indian reservation?

We have a vacation home in Sublette County, just over the pass from where this happened. There is a very "relaxed" type of law enforcement in place when it involves crimes on the reservation.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    We have a vacation home in Sublette County, just over the pass from where this happened. There is a very "relaxed" type of law enforcement in place when it involves crimes on the reservation.
    It is very unlikely, IMO, that these were anything but suspicous deaths.

I think you are right. Especially given the ages and the gender. Sad but true.

I wonder if they were Indian girls. If they were, less will be made of it. If they were white girls visiting the reservation MUCH will be made of it.

Also sad but true.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

That is sad. I thought it was only Canada where they would be considered only "Indian" girls.

At least the FBI is involved. I think that would supercede any lax law enforcement. I hope so, anyway.

I don't know, it seems (forming opinion from reading I've done) that a lot of investigations of crimes done on Indian reservations tend to be hindered and/or poorly done.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

RIVERTON -- Winter Rose Thomas had just graduated from the eighth grade -- and she was a good kid, a close relative said Thursday.

She was learning the Arapaho language and was respectful to her grandmother, who had raised her since she was a baby. She was outgoing, attractive, took pride in her health and appearance, and sang beautifully at a recent sweat lodge ceremony.

Winter Rose Thomas was one of three teenage girls found dead on the Wind River Indian Reservation Wednesday, in a rental home in the Beaver Creek housing development just south of here.

The other two were Alexis Gardner and Alex Whiteplume, a tribal spokesman said. The girls were ages 13, 14 and 15, authorities said, and all three were members of the Northern Arapaho Tribe.

http://www.trib.com/articles/2008/06...600009457a.txt

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    I don't know, it seems (forming opinion from reading I've done) that a lot of investigations of crimes done on Indian reservations tend to be hindered and/or poorly done.
    I've noticed that in other cases as well. I hope this one will be handled differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy's mom View Post
    I wonder why they are so mum on the conditions of the girls? Perhaps because they were found on an Indian reservation?
    It's not unusual for a coroners office to refuse comment when murders are under investigation.

You're right Greywing. If the deaths were accidental, we would probably have already been told that.

Aren't suicides more prevalent on Indian Reserverations? That was actually my first thought. No matter how they died they were too young and it is horrible.

For some reason, suicide did not cross my mind. Yes, it is more prevalent on Indian Reservations. It really is horrible for these girls to die so young.

http://www.dailyranger.com/headline2.htm
    Support offered
    Tribe, others reach out to help people cope with deaths of three young girls

By Martin Reed
    Staff Writer
    The Northern Arapaho Tribe and others on the Wind River Indian Reservation are offering support services to help individuals cope with this week’s deaths of three young girls.

I am going to keep following this story ... If this had happened in some small town and the girls were not native american I don't think suicide would even be a first thought and that makes me very sad ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast