GUILTY LA - Savannah Vincent, 5, beaten to death, Sulphur, 5 June 2008

AmandaBrown23

Im just living among all the madness
Reaction score
Reported By: Natalie Grise
Neighbors who knew Savannah Vincent, a kindergartener at EK Key Elementary School, say they were shocked to find out what happened to the little girl they described as an absolute angel. This was the last thing they said they expected to hear about the couple they knew, or at least thought they knew, living down the street.
There's still plenty of signs that a young child lived in this Sulphur home, but five-year-old Savannah Vincent left here for the final time on Sunday, when she was taken to a medical facility with severe head injuries, and then transported to Lafayette.
"It wasn't until Tuesday when we were notified by Lafayette General that she was in danger of dying and suffered from blunt force trauma," says Criminal Investigation Commander Mike Byrne, with the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office.
The ensuing investigation lead the Sheriff's Office straight to Savannah's father, William Stewart Vincent, and her step-mother, Barbara Virginia Vincent.
"Through our investigation, we learned the child was with the two, and because of the nature of the injuries, because she was in their custody and what we learned from the interviews, we made the decision to arrest them," Byrne said.
Seven News spoke to neighbors of the Vincents, all of which declined to go on camera, but they told us the couple had lived in a home on Lock Street for about a year. During that time, they said they had never seen either one even raise their voice to any of the children living with them.
That, according to Sheriff's Office investigators, is a different story than the family's history with law enforcement
"Evidently, child protective services had to get involved because there needed to be some sort of intervention, typically that's when they step in," Byrne said.
The Vincents are charged with Second Degree Cruelty to a Juvenile, but those charges could be upgraded once an autopsy is complete and the official cause of death confirmed. Their bond is currently set at $40,000 each. That too is subject to being raised as the investigation continues.
Savannah Vincent's body is still in Lafayette, her organs will be donated before her body is brought back to Lake Charles for that autopsy.

I think its still allegedly but they were arrested for it. And of course cps was involved before. Idiots.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8445165

Poor baby.

It always gets me when neighbors are so shicked because they never heard the people raise their voices. What? People that raise their voice are abusive? Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors and obviously if social services were on the case there was a problem. The article says "children". I wonder how many other kids there are?

yeah I wonder how many kids too, it didnt specify. Im sure i will see more on this on our local news and I will post it.

yeah I wonder how many kids too, it didnt specify. Im sure i will see more on this on our local news and I will post it.

Thanks Amanda. I looked for other articles and nada. Thanks again. Poor baby. Man, that has to be the most painful thing in the world.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 7:31 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 18, 2009 7:39 PM EDT
By Theresa Schmidt - bio | email

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) -Savannah Vincent was just five years old, when she died of injuries allegedly caused by her father and step-mom. Now more than a year a later, some think the legal process has stalled. Family members want answers and justice.

Vincent was the little kindergartner from Sulphur who died in a Lafayette hospital after being brought there with severe head injuries. That was June 2008, and while her father and step mother were arrested, so far no formal charges have been filed.

snip

Savannah would have turned seven years old in July. In June 2008 the sheriff's office arrested Savannah Vincent's dad William Vincent and step-mom Barbara Vincent and booked them for second degree cruelty to a juvenile. But formal charges are on hold until the District Attorney receives the official confirmation of how savannah died.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11159318

This is the most recent information I could find. It appears the COD has never been officially released and the father and step-mother have never been prosecuted.

really so she was dead for 15 months (at the time of the last update) and the me didnt have a cod yet?

time to get a new me then.

http://www.americanpress.com/news/local/Dequincy-woman-pleads-guilty-in-2008-death-of-stepchild

A seven-year-old murder case came to a close Friday when a DeQuincy woman pleaded guilty to negligent homicide in the 2008 death of her 5-year-old stepdaughter.

Barbara Virginia Vincent, 34, did not receive prison time, although she has already spent nearly three years in jail. Following the prosecutor’s recommendations, Judge David Ritchie sentenced Vincent to a five-year suspended term and five years’ probation. Vincent was given credit for the time she spent in jail...

All charges against William Vincent were dropped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back