Judge jailed 46 people after no one would own up to a cell phone that rang in court

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
Court upholds NY judge's removal for jailing 46

Story Created: Jun 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM EDT
Story Updated: Jun 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM EDT

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York's top court has upheld the removal of a Niagara Falls city court judge who jailed 46 people after no one would own up to a cell phone that rang in court.

The state Commission on Judicial Conduct concluded in a November decision that Judge Robert Restaino "snapped" during the March 2005 session. It voted 9-1 for his removal.

http://www.winknews.com/news/weird/19570649.html

This is hilarious! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

If it weren't a serious misuse of public funds. :rolleyes:

Judge Robert Restaino is a little bit nuts, huh? :waitasec:

46 people jailed? all my eye and Betty Martin! :rolleyes:

That is nutty. Even though he's now removed, I wonder how much stress, financial difficulties, and other things that he caused those people.

yeah lets put them in jail and let the child molesters and animal abusers off, some people are so stupid

:crazy:Hey, he must have went to "THE SCHOOL OF MY DAD". If one of us didn't own up to something then we all "got it".

Yep, Judge Loop I bet that was what he figured he'd do. :crazy:

Well, I guess it isn't as bad as the judge here getting thrown in prison for using a "sexual device" during actual trials. Then again...to jail that many people for a cell phone ringing is a blatent abuse of power.

:crazy:Hey, he must have went to "THE SCHOOL OF MY DAD". If one of us didn't own up to something then we all "got it".

Yep, Judge Loop I bet that was what he figured he'd do. :crazy:

LOL! I often jail both of mine when one won't fess up.

I never did that to my kids. I felt like having them stick up for each other instead of being a tattletail was a bit of a good thing. They had loyalty towards one another and still do. Of course, I didn't reward bad behavior...but I never threw the others under the bus with the guilty party for incidents out of their control.

I never did that to my kids. I felt like having them stick up for each other instead of being a tattletail was a bit of a good thing. They had loyalty towards one another and still do. Of course, I didn't reward bad behavior...but I never threw the others under the bus with the guilty party for incidents out of their control.

My way works well for us because the non-guilty party always ends up convincing the guilty party to tell the truth (their rooms are right across the hall from each other!)

I'm all about them teaching each other how to act right even if their motivation is complete self-interest!:)

Sounds like the long lost brother of our assistant principal.

:rolleyes:

Not that I didn't get to the truth when my kids messed up because it always came out. The guilty party was then given extra punishment for not coming clean to begin with. I simply preferred they learn the lesson of being honest and taking consequences for their own actions instead of having others have to serve time for a crime they did not commit.

IMO, the Judge acted like a spoiled child who demanded people bow down to him. He abused his power and did an injustice to the justice system.

All the judge had to do was have everyone take out their cell phones. The court staff could have looked at them to SEE who had a call come in! Geez. What a moron.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back