Wonder Woman finds body....

mostlylurking

Reaction score
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The actress who played Wonder Woman on TV in the 1970s says she didn't do anything extraordinary when she discovered a body this week on the Potomac River in Washington.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/07/wonder.woman.body.ap/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/07/wonder.woman.body.ap/index.html

I put this here because of yesterday's story about the man getting hit & no one went to help him.

She didn't do what all other people would do. She paid attention and got help.

I loved Lynda Carter in "Sky High"... when she's walking out of high school detention I says "I'm not Wonder Woman ya know"

Suicide Suspected in Death of Woman Found in River

A woman whose body was found floating in the Potomac River on Wednesday is thought to have committed suicide, a source familiar with the investigation said.

Helen Johnstone, 47, who lived in the 4800 block of MacArthur Boulevard NW, was discovered about 1 p.m. near Georgetown, according to D.C. police. Drowning is the probable cause of death, said the source, who declined to be identified because the investigation is continuing. The D.C. medical examiner's office has not declared an official cause and manner of death.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/06/AR2008060604000.html

As far as i continue to believe, Linda did do what any normal person would do.

Those people who didn't call for help for the hit-and-run man were out of the ordinary-awful, which is why it made the news. I think any normal human being would call for help in any emergency situation, especially if they found a body.

Why is it that I find it strange that "Wonder Woman" was alone on a boat in the Potomac River?

Why would a woman whose family owns a Sailboat co. drown?

Is there more to this story?

Those people who didn't call for help for the hit-and-run man were out of the ordinary-awful, which is why it made the news. I think any normal human being would call for help in any emergency situation, especially if they found a body.

According to FOX news today at least 4 or 5 of those people called 911, so they did call for help. One woman said she didn't want to touch him because of the blood. I can see that because even paramedics wear gloves because of all the blood bourne diseases nowadays, and technically you're not suppose to move an accident victim anyway. The one thing I would have done that nobody did though was I would have gone out and stood on the street to protect him from further harm or I would gave gotten others to help me and formed a circle around him until te poloce arrived. I would hope I would aslo be able to have the presense of mind to note the cars lisence plate number and the description. It looks like nobody did anything but it's not true. I think sometimes these 24 house news channels blow things out of porportion to have a juicy story.

Why is it that I find it strange that "Wonder Woman" was alone on a boat in the Potomac River?

:waitasec: Hmmm....good questions, all! (Especially the first.)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The actress who played Wonder Woman on TV in the 1970s says she didn't do anything extraordinary when she discovered a body this week on the Potomac River in Washington.
Lynda Carter tells The Washington Post she was alone in a boat when she saw the body Wednesday. She says she didn't have a cell phone with her, so she yelled to some fishermen and asked them to call police. Carter waited until rescuers arrived and directed them to the body.
District of Columbia police say the body of 47-year-old Helen Johnstone of Washington was found floating on the river Wednesday. The medical examiner's office has not declared an official cause of death.
Carter says she "did what anybody would have done."

http://omg.yahoo.com/wonder-woman-actress-finds-body-on-river-in-d-c/news/9662?nc

whoops~ I see this was already posted!

According to FOX news today at least 4 or 5 of those people called 911, so they did call for help. One woman said she didn't want to touch him because of the blood. I can see that because even paramedics wear gloves because of all the blood bourne diseases nowadays, and technically you're not suppose to move an accident victim anyway. The one thing I would have done that nobody did though was I would have gone out and stood on the street to protect him from further harm or I would gave gotten others to help me and formed a circle around him until te poloce arrived. I would hope I would aslo be able to have the presense of mind to note the cars lisence plate number and the description. It looks like nobody did anything but it's not true. I think sometimes these 24 house news channels blow things out of porportion to have a juicy story.

Great post trixie. :clap:

:waitasec: I thought it was strange too that Lynda Carter was in a boat by herself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back